Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM - L5R

Kraheera
04.19.2012 , 02:14 PM | #1
This fight needs some tweaks. My guild and I have been trying to down this boss for the last few days, and we've come to some conclusions.

1) The fight seems impossible for Sentinels to do. The Incinerate splash, even if you have great interrupts, would make it difficult. BUT, the problem will be that the boss will drop lightning balls on random people. If he keeps dropping balls on the tank and sentinel, the group is going to wipe.

2) Despite this, the fight can be done with one tank and three ranged, until the last phase. The floor has no downtime, the lightning lands fully extended AND does extra damage, with continually spawning adds. There were glitched balls that refused to dissipate, and the floor after a wipe would constantly bubble, so you couldn't tell where the lava would come from during the earlier phases.

3) I have tried this fight with trooper tanks, knight tanks, and shadow tanks. Shadow tanks seem to be the only ones where the healer can reliably keep the tank alive.

4) The sheer amount of AOE unavoidable damage during the last phase is ridiculous. No healer, sage or scoundrel, will be able to do anything during that phase. We have consistently dropped the boss to around 15-18%, but that last phase seems impossible to get through with the fully grown lightning on landing. I think it would be alright if the lightning was tweaked, or if the floor had some downtime during the last phase.

Amalak
04.19.2012 , 02:18 PM | #2
It is a tough fight but we have it down to a grind now, we use a Inq Tank, Melee Mara (me), BH Ranged and Ops Healer... It was tough at first but not impossible, we drop him first try now everytime.... best advice I can give u is to stay mobile and make sure ur tank moves him when needed and dont paint urself into a corner....

cshouston
04.19.2012 , 02:18 PM | #3
I can assure you, it's not impossible for Sentinels to do. We one shot it on our first attempt, the day of the patch, with a Sentinel, and Commando healer, who had never seen the fight before. Only our tank (myself) and our Sage DPS had cleared it before on the PTS. People just need to be very aware of what's going on around them. It's a chaotic fight and if your group can't keep up with the flood of stimuli, you're going to wipe. As with every MMO, it's going to remain difficult to provide those who push hard a sense of accomplishment. If you can't manage, the inevitable nerfs will come and make it something people can sleep through.
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

dragonfor
04.19.2012 , 02:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraheera View Post
This fight needs some tweaks. My guild and I have been trying to down this boss for the last few days, and we've come to some conclusions.

1) The fight seems impossible for Sentinels to do. The Incinerate splash, even if you have great interrupts, would make it difficult. BUT, the problem will be that the boss will drop lightning balls on random people. If he keeps dropping balls on the tank and sentinel, the group is going to wipe.

2) Despite this, the fight can be done with one tank and three ranged, until the last phase. The floor has no downtime, the lightning lands fully extended AND does extra damage, with continually spawning adds. There were glitched balls that refused to dissipate, and the floor after a wipe would constantly bubble, so you couldn't tell where the lava would come from during the earlier phases.

3) I have tried this fight with trooper tanks, knight tanks, and shadow tanks. Shadow tanks seem to be the only ones where the healer can reliably keep the tank alive.

4) The sheer amount of AOE unavoidable damage during the last phase is ridiculous. No healer, sage or scoundrel, will be able to do anything during that phase. We have consistently dropped the boss to around 15-18%, but that last phase seems impossible to get through with the fully grown lightning on landing. I think it would be alright if the lightning was tweaked, or if the floor had some downtime during the last phase.
Hi, Marauder here, I've cleared this place every day since 1.2 hit so I couldn't help but laugh at your gripe about bringing a Sentinel in the beginning.
Also, had you looked a few threads down before posting this drivel, you would have found a guide to get through Lost Island.

Kraheera
04.19.2012 , 02:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Amalak View Post
It is a tough fight but we have it down to a grind now, we use a Inq Tank, Melee Mara (me), BH Ranged and Ops Healer... It was tough at first but not impossible, we drop him first try now everytime.... best advise I can give u is to stay mobile and make sure ur tank moves him when needed and dont paint urself into a corner....
We've tried that too. Maybe the classes aren't mirrored, I'm not sure. What I do know is our last few runs we were PERFECT on our placements... but the last phase is just impossible to heal through with either Scoundrel or Sage. We weren't locked in corners. We weren't trapped. The balls landing extended was the problem.

Kraheera
04.19.2012 , 02:22 PM | #6
some of you, btw, are missing some major points. Our fights are glitching. Balls are not disappearing. We aren't 'overloaded' by stimuli, we simply cannot avoid the huge damage from balls landing every 2 seconds fully grown across the entire map.

We've read guides, we've watched videos. We do fine until that last phase.

Constructive words, please. Labelling things as 'drivel' when there are valid concerns only paints you as an immature troll.

Codek
04.19.2012 , 02:30 PM | #7
I would just say to have DPS set up there burst rotation for the last 15% of the boss fight and just shoot for the end as quick as possible. My guild did this with what I would consider the worst group comp possible (1 powertech BH and 3 merc BH's -> WTB interrupts plz) and our solution was simply control the spawn of orbs, AOE the adds quickly, and burn the boss fast and hard. In the end it worked better then expected.
~Codek

dragonfor
04.19.2012 , 02:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraheera View Post
some of you, btw, are missing some major points. Our fights are glitching. Balls are not disappearing. We aren't 'overloaded' by stimuli, we simply cannot avoid the huge damage from balls landing every 2 seconds fully grown across the entire map.

We've read guides, we've watched videos. We do fine until that last phase.

Constructive words, please. Labelling things as 'drivel' when there are valid concerns only paints you as an immature troll.
First off, the classes are mirrors.
Second, I doubt you're getting glitched since the lightning barriers last a ridiculously long time, and you're striking me as someone that tunnel visions.
Third, it is drivel when you use words like "unavoidable" for mechanics that are easy to step out of.

TL;DR PEBCAK

Grazingcattle
04.19.2012 , 02:32 PM | #9
Lost Island is now one of my fav HM. At first it seemed so difficult and "impossible".

My favorite part is that there are alot of options for handling his movement. As far as the OP: Last night we had 2 sent. Vangaurd tank (me) and a Sage.

Our gear? Mostly columni. And the healer was full Columni. The first few attempts didnt go so well, But we committed to learning the fight and I have to say those guys were some of the best DPS and Heals that I have ever had the chance to run with!

Can't Wait to run it again tonight!

icroyal
04.19.2012 , 02:43 PM | #10
I love this FP as well. We probably get through it in hard mode now in about 45 minutes to an hour depending on BIO, etc... It took us 4 hours our first time but we have it on farm already. With that said, the FP should drop a bit better gear for the difficulty level. Perhaps some black hole commendations off the last boss?