Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seperate 8 and 16man operation lockouts?

Jordach
04.19.2012 , 11:01 AM | #1
My suggestion would be to separate the lockouts so that you can run a 8man and a 16 man normal in the same week.

In my guild we have 16 members who enjoying running the 16man story mode ops on EV and KP (almost geared enough to start HMs). However, we have a new batch of 50s that we would like to start raiding but because we really only have 16 guys that know the fights and could lead an ops one or 2 would have to leave to run an 8man.

Mainly for us it comes down to healers since of our 16 the only two that want/ have the time to lead a 8man to help gear others are healers. And if we get locked out then the 16man wont have enough healers to run (yes, the others are being a bit selfish but its a game and many have real life stuff that keeps them away for more than one or two nights a week)

I have no idea if this would have unintended negative consequences, but from my point of you it would only make the game more enjoyable for me and my guildmates. But I wanted to open this up to you all and get your point of view. Thanks for any input.

sbutehorn
04.19.2012 , 11:12 AM | #2
Agree with this.

KarethRiker
04.19.2012 , 11:23 AM | #3
+1 I think this is a great idea. I would also love to see a separate lockout for Nightmare mode

Seront
04.19.2012 , 11:28 AM | #4
Umm... No? As it stands, once you're clearing hard mode it should only take you about 6 weeks to fully gear up. For Explosive Conflict... With 8 people in the raid, there are 2 class neutral tokens drop per boss. There are 4 bosses, so you should be able to get 8 tokens per week. This is only for like 6-7 slots or so, isn't it? It will already only take you a month and a half or so to completely gear your raid. You want it to take 3 weeks instead?

Eddizel
04.19.2012 , 11:37 AM | #5
No thanks, clearing the hard and story modes is enough raiding in a week, once the progression is done I enjoy the 1 or 2 raid nights max a week.

It isn't like the gear doesn't fall off trees in this game, now with universal tokens, not a single one will go to waste.

Shared lockouts is a good thing.

Eddizel
04.19.2012 , 11:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
Umm... No? As it stands, once you're clearing hard mode it should only take you about 6 weeks to fully gear up. For Explosive Conflict... With 8 people in the raid, there are 2 class neutral tokens drop per boss. There are 4 bosses, so you should be able to get 8 tokens per week. This is only for like 6-7 slots or so, isn't it? It will already only take you a month and a half or so to completely gear your raid. You want it to take 3 weeks instead?
Edit: nvm.

Jordach
04.19.2012 , 12:04 PM | #7
All, thanks for the input. My only comment so far, is that unlike most of the people on these forums I am not a hardcore amazing player. Me and my mates are having plenty of difficulty getting through storymode content and getting everyone geared. Que the hate mail that we are bad players and so on but we have fun.

We also have about 150 members in the guild so every few weeks we have a brand new batch of 50s that want to get geared but obviously are not joining the main raid group. I just want to try and help everyone to get gear while still personally being able to do my thing. As it stands I either have to do my ops thing or help others.

Lastly why would splitting the lockout cause more raiding for you. If you don't want to do both than don't. Just because the option is there for others doesn't mean you have to take it.

I guess its all moot once we start doing HM content because then I wont lock out the storymode stuff. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Eddizel
04.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #8
Because if lockouts are separated, even hardcore players feel pressured to run both and double up on loot.

This is why WOW merged everything into one lockout, they didn't want players feeling like they had to raid more to stay competitive, it is unhealthy.

Jordach
04.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #9
Gotcha, never played wow, this is my first MMO. I can see how that would happen though. thanks.

VulcanLogic
04.19.2012 , 01:40 PM | #10
Yes, you have to gate the loot to prevent boredom and dropouts from people who got their gear first. But, if you have newer guild members who need loot, and you want to help them, do what people in MMOs have always done to get around lockouts.

Roll alts.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.