Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something messed up.......please fix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Something messed up.......please fix
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Etilrellim
04.19.2012 , 10:02 AM | #1
Ok, so the server came down last night for that maintenance. Well, when I log in today it patches the game and then I hit play. Normally the game launches right up and I am ingame within 1 minute. So I am sitting there and nothing is happening. I check task manager and shows there is some action but nothing happening. I close it out and figure I should run the repair. I do that and nothing needed to be repaired. So I run it again and it took over 9 minutes from hitting play for the game to launch. Then it took another 2-3 minutes to load into the game. Then when I am in the game it took over 1 min to get rid of the black screen. I am not sure what you all did from last night till now. It is not on my end. Server came down I logged out and turned off pc. NOTHING CHANGED ON MY END.
Put Peanut butter on it!

We are old Sunrunner Veterans from SWG looking to rock the Rebels once again. http://www.swtorholocron.com/

Etilrellim
04.19.2012 , 12:01 PM | #2
So I post here and I get no response? I see other people making a thread and get answered 2 minutes later. Well, I knew in game CS was bad I was just not aware it had hit the forums as well. Thanks for your gaming experience I suppose I shall move on since I can't play the game since this last patch.
Put Peanut butter on it!

We are old Sunrunner Veterans from SWG looking to rock the Rebels once again. http://www.swtorholocron.com/

Ratae
04.19.2012 , 12:21 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Etilrellim,

Have you tried running the Fixlauncher.exe located in your installation directory? This is located by default at:

32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks!
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Etilrellim
04.19.2012 , 03:10 PM | #4
I already ran repair twice and the launcher fix twice as well. I suppose I will just re-install the game for the 3rd time. Only thing that ever fixes issues with the game after patches. It is not every patch that gives me issues, but this is the third time I have had an issue. This is just the first time I have had this prob. Just gets old re-installing from my game discs every time I have a prob with the game.
Put Peanut butter on it!

Ratae
04.19.2012 , 03:29 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Etilrellim,

Before resorting to reinstalling the game, could you please attempt the following - rename the launcher file to launcherabc.exe and then run the fixlauncher.exe, also please make sure you run the game as an administrator.

If this does not help then please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, if you find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

If this does not help then please try deleting the assets_swtor_main.version file and patching again.

Please let us know how you get on.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

waynerdawg
04.19.2012 , 04:06 PM | #6
BioWare instead of having everyone go through circus hoops on luanching and fps issues. How about fixing your engine that drives the game or going to a more stable one. There are way to many fps issues from way to many for it to be everybodies computer problem. You are using a crappy engine. It is your fault. You guys need to jump through hoops to fix the problems with FPS. We are your paying customer you should do what it takes to please us.