Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are we doomed to heal?

Hieny
12.17.2011 , 11:07 AM | #1
So perhaps a slight over-exaduration in the title, but as it says are we just healers? I really want to rchoose sorc as, in other MMO's I enjoy range dps with the offspec of healing. All I seem to see here is questions about healing and such. So is it possible to be a competative dps as a sorc for both pvp and pve, or is the only way to get into groups as a healer?

Thanks - Hieny!

dcarterwww
12.17.2011 , 03:13 PM | #2
I do both. I'm not even spec'ed heals, but there is NOTHING (and i mean nothing) even at 50 yes level 50 you can't heal as a dps spec'ed sorc

you can effectively do both but if you hate healing just fine groups that already have a dedicated healer.

Halefthaut
12.18.2011 , 02:48 PM | #3
Yes, more news at six

Nicarras
12.18.2011 , 02:54 PM | #4
Yes, heal. You can probably dps, but depends on how well the dps performs at 50.

arnoldlol
12.18.2011 , 05:23 PM | #5
Nope.

Saacius
12.18.2011 , 07:47 PM | #6
Are Assassins doomed to tank? Are mercenaries doomed to heal?

Every AC in this game besides Marauder/sentinel can fill healing or tanking roles.

So no, you aren't doomed to healing.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

slacey
12.18.2011 , 08:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Saacius View Post
Are Assassins doomed to tank? Are mercenaries doomed to heal?

Every AC in this game besides Marauder/sentinel can fill healing or tanking roles.

So no, you aren't doomed to healing.
Sniper/Gunslinger also cannot tank or heal.

Basically, there's 3 ACs who have 2 dps skill trees and 1 tanking tree.
3 ACs have 2 dps trees and 1 healing tree.
2 ACs have 3 dps trees.

It's extremely doubtful that the entirety of the dps population will be in just those two classes.

Saacius
12.18.2011 , 09:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by slacey View Post
Sniper/Gunslinger also cannot tank or heal.

Basically, there's 3 ACs who have 2 dps skill trees and 1 tanking tree.
3 ACs have 2 dps trees and 1 healing tree.
2 ACs have 3 dps trees.

It's extremely doubtful that the entirety of the dps population will be in just those two classes.
It's also extremely doubtful that anything short of a high end progression guild will force you to heal.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

slacey
12.19.2011 , 12:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Saacius View Post
It's also extremely doubtful that anything short of a high end progression guild will force you to heal.
A smart high end progression guild doesn't force people who have no interest in healing to respec healing. They'll recruit people who want to heal.

That being said, you might find yourself respeccing to heal to get a slot, as healing slots are often easier to get into.

Residentz
12.19.2011 , 04:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hieny View Post
So perhaps a slight over-exaduration in the title, but as it says are we just healers? I really want to rchoose sorc as, in other MMO's I enjoy range dps with the offspec of healing. All I seem to see here is questions about healing and such. So is it possible to be a competative dps as a sorc for both pvp and pve, or is the only way to get into groups as a healer?

Thanks - Hieny!
No.

Currently i am just 34 but have had good dps in my own opinion so far in all flash points or pve encounters. Was using maddness until ~25 then went into lightning.

As no dual spec in this game will stay as pve dps only. Changing to healing would require keybindings...(lot of work, haha ). Also would not be worried of spots in groups and usually nobody has any better chance to get spots in groups it just always looks that to you. Then don't know much about pvp but i bet there we would best as maddness dps or healer.