Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do schematics exist for orange belt/bracers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Do schematics exist for orange belt/bracers?

JasonChmiel's Avatar


JasonChmiel
04.19.2012 , 08:37 AM | #1
I have leveled 3 characters to 50 under Underworld Trading and have yet to discover a single schematic for moddable belt/bracers. I have been told they exist but wanted to poll the community on your personal experiences.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
04.19.2012 , 10:48 AM | #2
My understanding is it *should* be possible to obtain orange belt/bracer schematics by RE'ing the new blackhole/Compaign bracers (assuming they are moddable)

No belt/bracer schematics drop from UT.

Seront's Avatar


Seront
04.19.2012 , 11:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
My understanding is it *should* be possible to obtain orange belt/bracer schematics by RE'ing the new blackhole/Compaign bracers (assuming they are moddable)

No belt/bracer schematics drop from UT.
No. You can only get orange shells for REing *modable* purple tier 2 gear. Unmoddable stuff, like belts, bracers, and implants, result in a schematic for the *actual* item. =) I know of at least one Black Hole implant that was successfully REd to acquire a schematic on the public test server.

lunartic's Avatar


lunartic
04.19.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
They confirmed somewhere (i couldnt find it atm) that the belts and bracers wont have an orange schemetics if that helps

Mythicrose's Avatar


Mythicrose
04.19.2012 , 03:44 PM | #5
@Seront

It could be just my character, but I do not get the tootip for RE success on the Blackhole Commedation implants on Live (also applies to Rakata). I've not won the EC implant token to see the campaign implants could be RE'd to a schematic. I'm also going off the assumption that no RE % chance = no schematic (of any sort).
Sniper, Renegade Soldiers [Davik's Estate]
5/5 Nightmare EV
5/5 Nightmare Karagga's Palace
4/4 Hard Mode Explosive Conflict

Altephor's Avatar


Altephor
04.19.2012 , 04:48 PM | #6
No. And tier 2 does not give you a schem since they are not moddable pieces.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
04.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
No. And tier 2 does not give you a schem since they are not moddable pieces.
Do you get the schem for the actual item then?

('Cause, supposedly, that's how it's supposed to work for the new non-moddable compaign/blackhole stuff)

One would expect crafting a finished version of the new bracers would be just about as good as crafting a custom version, if not better if the stats "baked in" are optimum..

Seront's Avatar


Seront
04.19.2012 , 05:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mythicrose View Post
@Seront

It could be just my character, but I do not get the tootip for RE success on the Blackhole Commedation implants on Live (also applies to Rakata). I've not won the EC implant token to see the campaign implants could be RE'd to a schematic. I'm also going off the assumption that no RE % chance = no schematic (of any sort).
Hmm. The Blackhole Implant I'm talking about was dropped by the Nightmare Pilgrim, and wasn't purchased with commendations. Maybe not all the Mk-Xs can be REd?

littlegrubbers's Avatar


littlegrubbers
04.19.2012 , 09:54 PM | #9
You can reverse engineer campaign belts and bracers, but none of the black hole belts and bracers. A successful reverse engineer gives you a schematic for that same item, except instead of being BoP, the item is BoE, and you have a chance to crit the item for an augment slot.
Seraii Fel - Sniper
Cali Killed Nox
Now Recruiting - Apply Today

lunartic's Avatar


lunartic
04.20.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by littlegrubbers View Post
You can reverse engineer campaign belts and bracers, but none of the black hole belts and bracers. A successful reverse engineer gives you a schematic for that same item, except instead of being BoP, the item is BoE, and you have a chance to crit the item for an augment slot.
But will it be moddable (armoring & mod)?