Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is inq soo bad?

Gnanika
04.24.2012 , 03:22 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
You may like it, but the thing that irks me the most is that the characters in inquisitor story dont act like a sith most of the time. I mean besides killing people in cutscenes. .
I agree with this entire post. SI was the first thing I played, then I played SW, and it does EVERYTHING better, including the intrigue (which should be an Inq's bread and butter, as I've probably posted countless times before). The Sith Warrior feels like an indomitable b-dass that rips through the galaxy. The Inquisitor feels like a shmuck that is mostly propped up by the people around you. There is very little that feels Sith-like in the entire story. Even some of the cutscene force lightning uses feel peevish, rather than effective for anything.

Karkais
04.24.2012 , 04:11 AM | #42
Yeah, there are some nice cutscenes with the SI where he gets to force lightning people, but try this on for a size:

At a mission that I wont spoil, SW has come to kill two people. He/she found them but a jedi leapt in front of them with lightsaber drawn. "You wont hurt these people while Im here blah blah!"

The sith warrior says nothing.

*SWISH* the warrior tosses the jedi to the side with the force like hes not there, grabs the two targets into double force choke and cracks them like tin cans. The jedi climbs to his feet, stunned. "I..I've never seen a sith kill that fast.. I was helpless.."

If thats not bad*ss I dont know what is. In general, warriors bad*ssitude is completely unrivaled from what I have so far seen.

The warrior also gets to manipulate people and tempt them to the dark side in a way that SI completely fails to do(Jaesa vs Ashara no contest, plus handful other NPCs in SW story and Im not even past chapter 2!), and SW EVEN gets to strategize in a way SI does not. In Taris there is a mission where SW needs to pick companions to do different jobs and evaluate whos the best at what. Kind of like that one mission in ME2. Depending how you pick them, your own mission turns harder or easier. SI has nothing like this.

SI's political trickery in comparison consists of fighting your way through guards and then threatening the person to do something. Yeaaaaaaaah totally tricky

At best SI story can be considered as 'mediocre'.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Felight
04.24.2012 , 04:24 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Out of the five classes I have played past Chapter 2(JK, SW, JC, SI, and RT), I have to rank SI as the worst of them all. The cofnlict with the main villian of Chapter 2 and 3 just feels forced and the guy is ridiculous in the first place.A lot of the planet storylines come off as silly or stupid(Balmorra is especially facepalm worthy). And over all it lacks the sense of being any kind of manipulator.....heck I'd go so far as to say that the story lacked a feeling of player agency at all. It is really weird, the RT is directy ordered from Gneral Garza for pretty much all of their story missions, and yet I still felt like I was making more decisions than I did with the SI. Stuff just happens to the SI, your comapnions figure out what to do, and you get dragged along.
Classic mastermind at work. Let the minions do the work and just go with the flow for the booty
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...petentSidekick
You got a problem with this?

Go love yourself

Ranadiel_Marius
04.24.2012 , 05:38 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Felight View Post
Classic mastermind at work. Let the minions do the work and just go with the flow for the booty
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...petentSidekick
The TVtropes you linked too probably does apply. I mean it does say, "The underling who is much smarter, more efficient and more industrious than their (usually totally incompetent) boss, and is the one actually responsible for anything that gets done in the workplace."(emphasis added) I would agree that the SI's minions are Hypercompetent(at least in comparison to the SI).

However I would hardly call the SI a mastermind. He's more of a Pointy Haired Boss.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

DarthWeevil
04.24.2012 , 06:51 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Amien View Post
So many negative posts. One thing I will agree on is that the SI is not the manipulator/deceiver that is was advertised to be
This would be my main criticism of the storyline. It is lamentably lacking in political manoeuvering and fencing, or any real exercising of the character's intellect. The only thing that seems to matter is how hard you bzort things with lightning.
Spoiler
. At no point in the storyline did I feel like my sorceror outsmarted anyone, he either managed to pull something out of his backside at the last minute, or fell headlong into every trap only to come out of it alive by virtue of being 'the chosen one'. As a counterpoint, the Sith Warrior storyline totally gave me the scheming manipulator kicks I wanted from the Inquisitor storyline, within the first hour or two of play. Sure, he's a brute too, but he seems to have more brains than the Inquisitor, who is just swept along by events and or incessant need for more power, and damn the consequences. The Warrior also gets a far better Master. Much as I liked the fact they broke the mould with Zash, I also feel the story very much neglected the mystical and political aspects of the Inquisitor. Baras in contrast absolutely seems like a Master who is training the character. Add to this I disliked the voice acting for male Inquisitor. He sounds like an ex public schoolboy thespian, and can barely pull off menace without sounding camp. I found this particularly jarring for my assassin tank character who is the size of a door and probably has **** the size of coconuts (Frankly I don't think the male Warrior is much better, he sounds detached, almost as if reading an advertisment script. But this is made up for with a superior storyline)

lokdron
04.24.2012 , 08:00 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Yeah, there are some nice cutscenes with the SI where he gets to force lightning people, but try this on for a size:

At a mission that I wont spoil, SW has come to kill two people. He/she found them but a jedi leapt in front of them with lightsaber drawn. "You wont hurt these people while Im here blah blah!"

The sith warrior says nothing.

*SWISH* the warrior tosses the jedi to the side with the force like hes not there, grabs the two targets into double force choke and cracks them like tin cans. The jedi climbs to his feet, stunned. "I..I've never seen a sith kill that fast.. I was helpless.."

If thats not bad*ss I dont know what is. In general, warriors bad*ssitude is completely unrivaled from what I have so far seen.

The warrior also gets to manipulate people and tempt them to the dark side in a way that SI completely fails to do(Jaesa vs Ashara no contest, plus handful other NPCs in SW story and Im not even past chapter 2!), and SW EVEN gets to strategize in a way SI does not. In Taris there is a mission where SW needs to pick companions to do different jobs and evaluate whos the best at what. Kind of like that one mission in ME2. Depending how you pick them, your own mission turns harder or easier. SI has nothing like this.

SI's political trickery in comparison consists of fighting your way through guards and then threatening the person to do something. Yeaaaaaaaah totally tricky

At best SI story can be considered as 'mediocre'.
Yup the SI was my first character and when playing the story to 50 I wondered to myself were is the manipulation? The intrigue? Hell I can't even corrupt a padawan!? *crosses fingers that expansion story is better since lead writer for the SI left bioware* I went on the try the sith warrior story got a level 45 sith warrior and I have to say that story blows the SI out of the park.

It seems the so called "brute" has more brains than the SI my DS sith warrior has manipulated, lied, cheated and backstabbed people. The SI line from the story trailer says "I know that treachery…can break even the mightiest foe." the SI also says in the story trailer "The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." while showing the SW get blasted by the rocket.

After playing the SW it seems that the sith warrior understands these words better than the SI. To me it seems that the people who wrote the SW story understands the sith better than the person who done the SI. Lets not forget majority of the time its the SI companions and npc's coming up with all the plans and manipulations and the SI just rolls with it.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

StormNaara
04.25.2012 , 12:23 PM | #47
Hehe, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything that has been said here so far. Really, I loved the 1st chapter but after that it just kinda went downhill. In other words, the SI storyline makes you feel indeed, like an unworthy slave that you are who just got lucky to climb up the hierarchic ladder.

AbsolutGrndZero
04.25.2012 , 01:32 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by FigeroMentel View Post
I have no problem with the Inc storyline. Really, each of the Imperial storylines is good (though the agent's is at the bottom).
See? Every player has their own opinion. Just a few posts above this one it was said Agent was the BEST story in the game... now here FigeroMentel is saying it's at the bottom, however he's not saying it's bad.

So, in the end.... Play it. See what you think. That's the only way to get a 100% accurate answer.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

FigeroMentel
04.25.2012 , 01:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
See? Every player has their own opinion. Just a few posts above this one it was said Agent was the BEST story in the game... now here FigeroMentel is saying it's at the bottom, however he's not saying it's bad.

So, in the end.... Play it. See what you think. That's the only way to get a 100% accurate answer.
Very true. So far, I've played five storylines and each have been very good. When each is good, the order will be based primarily on our own opinions. No story is so much better than the others that it is decidedly at the top or so bad it is decidedly at the bottom.

DarthWeevil
04.26.2012 , 01:38 AM | #50
I'd agree. its not a bad story in itself. I enjoyed it. However, I did not feel it was a good Sith Inquisitor story.