Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is inq soo bad?

SWFTW
04.23.2012 , 11:18 AM | #31
Inquisitor is bad??? Who told you that? Aside from the IA story, it's definitely the best one out there IMO.

Spoiler
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--

DSafana
04.23.2012 , 11:33 AM | #32
I like Khem, until the end of act 1. the rest of the story was bleh to me, It's still better then the consular(green mile) story .

Ranadiel_Marius
04.23.2012 , 08:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Amien View Post
I have heard some great things about the LS story too, and that it makes much more sense in act III.
Having played a LS SI, I have to say that I do not see that claim at all.

Spoiler

And really playing a LS SI was not easy because like 90% of your dialogue options(when not speaking to Ashara) basically boil down to Choice 1: Act crazy, Choice 2: Threaten to kill someon, or Choice 3: Threatent to kill someone with a rusty spoon. There just isn't much selection in reponses for the SI from what I recall.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Karkais
04.24.2012 , 01:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SWFTW View Post
Inquisitor is bad??? Who told you that? Aside from the IA story, it's definitely the best one out there IMO.
You may like it, but the thing that irks me the most is that the characters in inquisitor story dont act like a sith most of the time. I mean besides killing people in cutscenes.

I guess the people who wrote the story arent so intimately familiar with how Sith culture works than those who wrote the warrior story. Thats the best explanation I guess. Its not that the story would be terribad otherwise, but inquisitor nor characters in SI story dont strike me as a Sith in the same way the SW does (possible exception is Zash). And quite frankly, I would have expected that it would have been the inquisitor who would be the incarnation of all things sith rather than warrior, since inquisitor dabbles in ancient sith knowledge. Sith Warrior does everything better in this respect.
And I mean everything.

For example, lets compare companions. Inquisitor has Ashara, who doesnt go full darkside but remains a confused teenage girl clinging to her beliefs. Nothing Sith coming from that direction. Ashara wouldnt bother me nearly as much if at least Xalek would act like a proper sith apprentice. But no. In his companion quest he talks some ... weak stuff about his family or clan or whatever.. Apparently neither Xalek nor the inquisitor has heard about the sacrifice. (which btw Jaesa gets to pull off in SW story, full points) What family he had is inconsequential after Xalek became Sith apprentice.. The purpose of the sacrifice is to test the apprentices dedication, cut all ties with previous life, and be 100% sith from that point forward.

But no, Xalek is not handled in proper Sith fashion, Neither is almost any character in the SI story past chapter 1.

What does Sith warrior get in comparison? They can get dark side Jaesa, who is not only darkside, she REVELS in it, to the point of being unhinged. Now thats a true dark side apprentice. SI doesnt talk about the force or any proper apprenticeship stuff with his apprentices, SW does. Zash doesnt talk about apprenticeship stuff with SI, Baras does with SW. Again SW story does everything better.

More examples, I just recently got into finishing Andronikos' companion missions:
Spoiler

Maybe my imagination is in overdrive but I feel that SI convos are pretty generic and aren't really handled in proper Sith fashion. Just like their gear often doesnt strike me as Sith-like..
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

Kaedusz
04.24.2012 , 02:28 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Maybe my imagination is in overdrive.
It is.

I don't understand how can someone that likes the empire and the sith in general ,don't like the sith inquisitor story.It is the best story along with the IA...
I though this is known fact,by default every1 should know this.

The only bad thing about the inquisitor is Ashara Zavros,she is a terrible character.Everything else is sith lore goodness.

With Sith Warrior the only thing that makes me feel like a sith were the lightsaber and force powers.The story missions(not all) feels like they can be done by the Agent as well,there is nothing ''Sithy'' and ''dark side-y'' about them,with few exceptions,dark sided Jaesa Willsaam being one of them.Hell most of them are not even connected with the Force in any way whatsover,as i said an ''imperial trooper'' or agent might as well do the story missions instead of the sith warrior.(but i gues its supposed to be that way)
Don't get me wrong its still a great story,imo third place after inq and agent,but still inq's is the proper sith story.

Karkais
04.24.2012 , 02:30 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
It is.
Doesnt change the fact that differences between warrior and inquisitor storylines are HUGE.
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette

spectreclees
04.24.2012 , 02:39 AM | #37
Spoiler

So far my favorite stories have been agent, bounty hunter and warrior. I haven't been able to get myself into any republic ones. Though I hear Knight and Trooper are the best from that side.

Karkais
04.24.2012 , 03:00 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
I don't understand how can someone that likes the empire and the sith in general ,don't like the sith inquisitor story.It is the best story along with the IA...
I though this is known fact,by default every1 should know this.
You should try reading my posts maybe? Maybe the reason you think SI story is great because you dont watch the cutscenes either? Maybe you dont know anything about Sith?
- Vette

Kaedusz
04.24.2012 , 03:07 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
You should try reading my posts maybe? Maybe the reason you think SI story is great because you dont watch the cutscenes either? Maybe you dont know anything about Sith?
You speak about companions,which i agree,the warrior has better companions,so what?Companions imo have little to do with the class feel.
The other 2 sentences are rubbish.

PalawaJoko
04.24.2012 , 03:19 AM | #40
Having played SI and BH to 50, SW to 45 and Knight to 33 my opinions are these:

SW has the most interesting story hands down.

BH story was good and had some fun moments quite often. I liked it.

I'm only on Tatooine with my Knight so can't tell much about that but it seems way better than Inq story.

And then Inquisitor... I'll just say the Act I was alrighty, but then it was just boring after that... Not cool. I liked the Ghostbusters stuff a little but I wanted to play as a Sith and SI story didn't quite deliver the feeling that I was playing as one. If you like Ghostbusters alot, go for it.
..{⋤⋥}_________+
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾⌋_/\∏∏∏/
./Ξ/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."