Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy: ROCKET BOOTS!

Loveshock
04.19.2012 , 04:33 AM | #1
I was so looking forward to these with 1.2, but didnt look too far into what they did specifically other than boost speed temporarily. When the time finally came that I could purchase them, I was somewhat disappointed. I was hoping they would be a speed boost similar to that of the consular/inquisitors. Turns out its just a mount speed boost for 12 seconds that cant be used in combat, you get knocked off of as soon as you enter combat and cannot be used in warzones.

Honestly I think I would just prefer if you cut down the boost to a stackable 30% that can be used in combat or something for that 12 seconds other than this mount type thing atm. Or even better I would have preferred the rocket boots to being a scaling mount, which I knew wasn't their initial purpose. Sure its fun being Iron man every 30 seconds, but I feel as if that 4.5 mil could have been better placed.....
Loveshock - Vanguard of Terentatek
Don't expect anything similar to the movies. I actually land my shots once in awhile.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Darth_Moonshadow
04.19.2012 , 04:42 AM | #2
Oh what time is it?

TIME TO KICK IT!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Smokey_the_Bear
04.19.2012 , 04:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Oh what time is it?

TIME TO KICK IT!
LOL... I was disappointed by rocket boots too... Until I saw this vid.

ChazDoit
04.19.2012 , 05:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokey_the_Bear View Post
LOL... I was disappointed by rocket boots too... Until I saw this vid.
Ours can't be used indoors, they are classified as vehicles

GlassFin
04.19.2012 , 05:45 AM | #5
Not really true. You can use them outside a building then go inside. You will get dismounted but keep the speedbuff. Probably a bug though.

PendragonPrime
04.19.2012 , 10:57 AM | #6
I agree. The rocket boots actually made me angry after I bought them. There's no warning that they are mounts and therefore only usable in mountable areas. I felt as if Bioware had just deleted 2 million credits from my character without my having any say. They are that useless.

Loveshock
04.19.2012 , 01:44 PM | #7
We can only hope they are changed in the future. If i had known they were just for vanity I never would have touched them.
Loveshock - Vanguard of Terentatek
Don't expect anything similar to the movies. I actually land my shots once in awhile.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

RolyartNala
04.19.2012 , 01:47 PM | #8
As soon as I noticed the dev team say, prior to 1.2, that rocket boots would not be usable in PVP, I was both relieved and disappointed. Relieved that I wouldn't have to grind 4.5m credits to be competitive, and disappointed that the item is so useless otherwise. At the very least, they should be usable indoors.
The Xoon Legacy
PRESTER 55 Gunslinger | VESKO 50 Commando | ODU 56 Jedi Shadow | SUU-THA 55 Jedi Guardian

ChazDoit
04.19.2012 , 02:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RolyartNala View Post
As soon as I noticed the dev team say, prior to 1.2, that rocket boots would not be usable in PVP, I was both relieved and disappointed. Relieved that I wouldn't have to grind 4.5m credits to be competitive, and disappointed that the item is so useless otherwise. At the very least, they should be usable indoors.
They aren't, It's so disappointing, once you get your speeder you have no use for that boost, and in patch 1.3 you will be able yo get your speeder at level 10

Drudenfusz
04.19.2012 , 03:01 PM | #10
I think people expect them to be much more than they are, mostly because they are quite expensive and do not justify that price. At least BioWare could have put an detailed decription before one buys them. The would be fine if people would know what they get and if they cost about half as much as they do right now.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version