Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When did Luke Skywalker die?

Jediaidertwo
04.18.2012 , 09:32 PM | #1
What ever happened to the heros of the original saga? Have their deaths ever been written about?
Now, I know that Crix Madien died in Darksaber (Not sure how or why!)- By Kevin Anderson , and Chewbaca died in Vector Prime-R.A Salvador (still haven't gotten over it), and that Mara Jade died in Legacy of the Force 1- Betrayal- By Aarron Allston. But, whatever happened to the rest of them? Han Solo, Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker Jaina Solo?

Wolfninjajedi
04.18.2012 , 09:48 PM | #2
Luke Skywalker at some point dies between 44 ABY and 137 ABY, other then that though. Theres nothing else. It needs to stay that way I think, cause if some author tries to explain his death it'll only end badly in the sense, fans will rage constantly about it cause they didn't like it. So leaving it so vague and mysterious, is rather a good thing and thats all that should be done.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

vian
04.18.2012 , 09:49 PM | #3
Luke, Leia and Han walked into a mysterious fog one day, promising that like King Arthur, they would return when they were needed.

Can you imagine being the writer who was told "oh, and we want you to kill Luke"? You'd never be able to leave your house again for fear of all the fans who were sure you'd got it wrong, no matter what you did! Salman Rushdie would ring you up every day to express his deep sympathies. I really don't blame the EU people for leaving a fuzzy area of time between "stuff involving the Heroes" and "stuff involving the very distant descendants of the Heroes."

I also suspect the only person who could tell those stories is GWL himself, and he's not likely to do so.
Two blasters; no waiting!

westraz
04.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #4
some time before clid skywalker is born so 120 years after the death star go's boom
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

Captain_Zone
04.18.2012 , 10:39 PM | #5
Luke died while having a staring contest with Kyle Katarn. Kyle, as usual, emerged victorious. xD
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

westraz
04.19.2012 , 12:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Luke died while having a staring contest with Kyle Katarn. Kyle, as usual, emerged victorious. xD
nice one
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

solidus_snake
04.23.2012 , 03:53 PM | #7
My impression is that Luke dies of old age similar to Yoda; you can't really write an exciting book around a (probably) bed-ridden old man, so its probably for the best that its left to our imagination.

chiefdano
04.23.2012 , 07:15 PM | #8
I see most people base all their knowledge off of SW video games....

Luke will die in one of two ways:

Old age

Or sacrificing himself for the galaxy, and ultimately saving it until the One Sith or some new enemy emerges many many years later
Graf - Republic of OT Guild Leader and lead trash talker
Hedarr Soongh

Sabster
04.23.2012 , 10:30 PM | #9
One of the rules George Lucas has for writing Star Wars novels: Luke, Leia or Han are never to die. Ever.

So don't count on finding anything about it.

cshouston
04.23.2012 , 10:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Can you imagine being the writer who was told "oh, and we want you to kill Luke"? You'd never be able to leave your house again for fear of all the fans who were sure you'd got it wrong, no matter what you did! Salman Rushdie would ring you up every day to express his deep sympathies.
I nearly spit up my drink. Well played!