Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Would Han Solo Be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What Would Han Solo Be?

TheLordMagnus
12.03.2012 , 07:17 AM | #41
he was a imp capt of a star ship before he met chewei
he saved him from execution hes a scoundrel he even saiz so in the movie and books
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

DarthFamine
12.03.2012 , 07:26 AM | #42
DPS Scoundrel

one gun, never see him heal, called a scoundrel by Leia, sneaky as heck.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

angrydurf
12.03.2012 , 07:41 AM | #43
He doesn't map well directly to the classes but I'm pretty sure he is more an inspiration for the scoundrel than gunslinger.

Gunslinger is along the lines of the smuggler from the intro vids two guns blazing cowboy. Han used a blaster and sometimes from cover (though so did luke in the beginning so ... ) but his defining moments fighting were much more scoundrely, short range surprise attack on greedo, quick draw on Vader (though ineffective).

I modeled my smuggler off Han and went with a DF scoundrel. Which also fits with him being moderately effective at best in combat.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Star Wars: The Old Republic is the spritual successor to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, also made by BioWare, and not any other game.

Andge
12.08.2012 , 07:27 PM | #44
I agree that Han Solo is a smuggler. But the real question is, no matter if he's scoundrel or gunslinger, how was he able to use a rifle when they are on board the Death Star? Neither of the ACs can use a rifle...

Please fix this, George!!!

VigDiath
12.08.2012 , 08:55 PM | #45
Han is a gunslinger. That's why he shot first. He just needs only 1 blaster.

Even though Bane is a Bounty Hunter in TCW it appears they modeled the GS after him but I think the GS style fits Han very well in this game. He fights dirty. He can throw a punch. Great aim. Can't sneak/stealth for crap and is very direct.

Either that or I would give him Dirty Fighting Scoundrel.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Andge
12.10.2012 , 04:13 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
DPS Scoundrel

one gun, never see him heal, called a scoundrel by Leia, sneaky as heck.
Yeah I agree. When Leia calls Han a scoundrel, she is not using the word in a general or derogative way. She is referring to his Advanced Class.
If Han had been a Gunslinger, when Leia says "You Scoundrel?" Han would have replied "No, I'm Gunslinger".

So, Han's definitely Scoundrel.

What I don't understand is how Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and Cheewie were able to enter the same FP when they enter the Death Star, since normally 4 man is the limit and companions are removed when that limit is reached. So either Cheewie or R2-D2 should have been removed.

VigDiath
12.10.2012 , 05:08 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Yeah I agree. When Leia calls Han a scoundrel, she is not using the word in a general or derogative way. She is referring to his Advanced Class.
If Han had been a Gunslinger, when Leia says "You Scoundrel?" Han would have replied "No, I'm Gunslinger".

So, Han's definitely Scoundrel.

What I don't understand is how Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and Cheewie were able to enter the same FP when they enter the Death Star, since normally 4 man is the limit and companions are removed when that limit is reached. So either Cheewie or R2-D2 should have been removed.
R2 was only summoned as a repair droid so not really a companion and Han summoned Chewie as one of his AC attacks. The move was called "wrath of the wookie" and caused enemies to be frozen in fear causing confusion for the duration. Had no CD so he spammed it constantly.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Gassygunslinger
12.10.2012 , 07:00 PM | #48
Also, when Obi-Wan pulled a Leeroy Jenkins on the Bonus Boss, and bailed the instance, it made room in the group for Leia.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Railage
12.14.2012 , 01:21 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
Also, when Obi-Wan pulled a Leeroy Jenkins on the Bonus Boss, and bailed the instance, it made room in the group for Leia.
Obi-Wan is a real piece of work...

Had to restart the conversation when he did that..