Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Would Han Solo Be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What Would Han Solo Be?

TheLonelyTusken
04.18.2012 , 04:38 PM | #1
So I came upon this unusual predicament as I was creating my smuggler today, since I was basing the character of Han Solo, I wondered, what would Han Solo be advanced class-wise?

In A New Hope Han says on the Death Star that he enjoys direct confrontation as apposed to sneaking around, this shows him to be a gunslinger, but at the same time, he only used one blaster.

Opinions!
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

Squigss
04.18.2012 , 05:04 PM | #2
He's definitely a scoundrel, scoundrels are a melee class, that's as direct combat as it gets. Also the 1 blaster thing.

Wolfpax
04.18.2012 , 05:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Squigss View Post
He's definitely a scoundrel, scoundrels are a melee class, that's as direct combat as it gets. Also the 1 blaster thing.
+1 on this lol
There is no try....... there's do and royalty miss up and your royalty missing up - Emperor to Darth Vader

geekFro
04.18.2012 , 06:07 PM | #4
I would say C. Both A and B
He is a hybrid of both.

KryloKillian
04.19.2012 , 01:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Squigss View Post
I don't remember Han ever hitting anyone in melee, nor sneaking around (at least not effectively). He's constantly shooting people, usually from cover.

More GS than Scoundrel, but the guy above me who said a mix is probably most correct.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good kick to the balls, kid.

Orice
04.19.2012 , 01:35 AM | #6
Doesn't someone call him a Scoundrel....Leia perhaps?

Hopsinwhat
04.19.2012 , 02:07 AM | #7
He's probably a dirty fighting scoundrel!

Nexdine
04.19.2012 , 05:04 AM | #8
According to the first movie, I'd say dirty fighting scoundrel. I suspect the word scoundrel is used in game expressly because there's a discussion about how there are no scoundrels in Leia's life and that's why she's drawn to one.

According to George Lucas 2012, his proper class is "effete kindergarten teacher who only reluctantly shoots second and survives by pure luck and because Greedo is too incompetent to hit a target 3 feet away, and then goes on to star in a dancing game for Kinect", but that's another rant.

masterherox
04.19.2012 , 11:09 AM | #9
I always figured he was just a smuggler. He was just so good that he didn't need an advanced class.
Otherwise, yeah, bit of a hybrid of both. I'd say maybe a bit more of a combat scoundrel if it comes to that, though.

Bigbozo
04.19.2012 , 06:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KryloKillian View Post
I don't remember Han ever hitting anyone in melee, nor sneaking around (at least not effectively). He's constantly shooting people, usually from cover.

More GS than Scoundrel, but the guy above me who said a mix is probably most correct.
He used melee on the scout troopers he failed to sneek up on in RotJ. Did a nice sholder throw on one of them as I recall.