Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

View Poll Results: What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?
Forming a group for Operations 180 5.57%
Forming a group for Flashpoints 1,653 51.11%
Forming a group for Heroic Missions 273 8.44%
Forming a group for something else 39 1.21%
No preference/all of the above 1,089 33.67%
Voters: 3234. You may not vote on this poll

engindeniz
04.25.2012 , 03:16 PM | #491
only for FPs; no ops, please !

hargrave
04.25.2012 , 03:19 PM | #492
Most of the people looking on my server anyway post looking for ev must have this gear set and have done this before and you must have vent/ts/mumble and you must be this and that.

Funny thing is see most people cant do bt (black talon) more then end game lol. On my server anyways

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
So what are those 150 people doing? Standing around doing nothing? Something isnt making sense in your post. Those are the same numbers I get in my fleet and there are HM LFG's popping up all the time.

Either:
A) This is some brand new server I never heard about and most are still leveling.
B) It wasnt really 150 people.
or
C) Youre blacklisted for any number of reasons by most players after a few months of ninja'ing for pets/bad healing/ bad attitude/trolling/etc.

In either case, there is a much bigger problem going on than a missing LFG tool if 150 of mostly lvl 50 players dont want to do any of the end game content available to them.
We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team.James Ohlen Ilum is bieng reworked as it wasnt a fun or exciting experience

FriendlyTrooper
04.25.2012 , 03:27 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
So what are those 150 people doing? Standing around doing nothing? Something isnt making sense in your post. Those are the same numbers I get in my fleet and there are HM LFG's popping up all the time.

Either:
A) This is some brand new server I never heard about and most are still leveling.
B) It wasnt really 150 people.
or
C) Youre blacklisted for any number of reasons by most players after a few months of ninja'ing for pets/bad healing/ bad attitude/trolling/etc.

In either case, there is a much bigger problem going on than a missing LFG tool if 150 of mostly lvl 50 players dont want to do any of the end game content available to them.
Eh... you can try coming to harbringer which is the server i am in and see for yourself. And really to be honest i don't know what are this ppl doing other then seeing them hogging the Auction house or just standing there with they shiny gadget or dancing. Really i don't know what is happening. And i am not in anyones black list so sad that this is how u accuse ppl before seeing the situation.

Anyway i was doing my dailies in dark hole just now again can't find a grp to finish EOT and my friend and i was discussing why is a new zone so empty so fast??

drosalion
04.25.2012 , 09:19 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by FriendlyTrooper View Post
Anyway i was doing my dailies in dark hole just now again can't find a grp to finish EOT and my friend and i was discussing why is a new zone so empty so fast??
Its pretty damn inconvenient to get to the black hole. Firstly getting to any planet is relatively inconvenient in this game due to load screens / travel etc. But for the black hole especially - first you have to go through the usual process of getting to your ship/map/planet, and the correllia planet load screen is by far one of (if not the) longest. Once ur there you then have to go to the ship outside the spaceport and go through yet another load screen for no reason. If the black hole is an entirely separate zone to the planet then it should be able to be accessed entirely separately. Theres absolutely no sense to load the entire planet if correllia if we are then to completely un-load it and load a new zone. You have to then go through the entire process again (of loading correllia only to leave it for ur ship) when you want to leave (if u dont have fleet pass up).

The other reason is that once uve done the dailies that take ~30 mins theres no reason to stay there whatsoever. If they could make pvp worthwhile there and have a purpose/reward people might stay longer i suppose.

drosalion
04.25.2012 , 09:24 PM | #495
On topic, in my opinion the group finder NEEDS to be for ALL group content. (flashpoints, operations, pvp groups, questing, heroics, world bosses, any thing else). It also needs to be single-server only (at first, this can change if it is desparately required, but hopefully it wont be), and it needs to be accessable by everyone on the entire server wherever they are (so i can que for flashpoints while questing on a planet, or que for heroics on a planet while on the fleet etc).

If any of the above things dont happen then people will not use it all the time, and for the tool to be successful everyone needs to be using it whenever they want to group for everything... not just when they want to do a flashpoint.

Ardenya
04.25.2012 , 09:29 PM | #496
Myself, I am very concerned about the future of the game and especially its community of players. I have been watching the introduction of WoW's LFG tool from the sideline and its effect on the interaction between players and its social implications. Everyone knows that it has been a key factor for a detrimental development which should be avoided for SWTOR. I am a firm believer in server communites and I was very pleased on Bioware's "old-school" attitude towards them.

Personally, I would like to see some kind of LFG improvement as the current system is of little use. Especially if someone would like to do a Flashpoint, there is no other effective way that to go to the fleet and spam the chat for a group. As posters above have stated, sitting around in Fleet LFG takes away from time you could be actively playing the game.

I would like to see *optional* cross-server queues for flashpoints and warzones. People should be able to pick if they want to queue up intra-server or cross-server. This way healthy populated servers can maintain a community while players on less populated servers can still experience content.

When picking potential group members, intra-server pool should have priority over cross-server. Also, players from other servers should have their origin server identifiable, e.g. via a [Servername9 prefix in chat, much like it is done when you are communicating across instances of a planet. Finally - and this one is of great importance - players should be able to "ignore" other players for queues - if you misbehave one would be able to flag you and thus avoid to be matched with you.
Dogma - An European Gaming Community

Drakkip
04.25.2012 , 09:32 PM | #497
My preference in order is > Flashpoints, OPS, Heroics
Griefers:
Quote:
Alfred Pennyworth: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn

Valkirus
04.25.2012 , 09:57 PM | #498
I want one for all the options listed. Esp for Operations and Flashpoints.
Trust is something which is earned.

Valkirus
04.25.2012 , 10:01 PM | #499
Why did they close this poll so soon? I had family company the last few days and was not able to check the forums. I mean...only like a sampling of 2 - 3 k players? Silly.
Trust is something which is earned.

Gimixes
04.26.2012 , 12:29 AM | #500
Rather dont want a LFG system. Why? Because only thing you get is people staying in one place all the time and pushing one button all the time. But if LFG will come, and it will, server only then.

Its easy to see this game has a lot of the spoiled folks from Wow.
All they want is the lazy/easy thing from Wow.
If you want that --> Wow bye
Let this game dont become a Wow clone.