Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

View Poll Results: What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?
Forming a group for Operations 180 5.57%
Forming a group for Flashpoints 1,653 51.11%
Forming a group for Heroic Missions 273 8.44%
Forming a group for something else 39 1.21%
No preference/all of the above 1,089 33.67%
Voters: 3234. You may not vote on this poll

Denchet
04.18.2012 , 03:22 PM | #21
Flashpoints would be most important, followed by heroic quests.

If you do one for operations, please don't do it like WoW. The raid finder in WoW is herpderp free epics. An OP finder for Story Mode OPs (without nerfing the difficulty) would be decent though, I might use that on my alts.

For the love of God though, please don't make cross server group finders. They sucked in WoW, they ruined Rift, and they will ruin TOR too. A sense of community in an MMO server is important, please don't ruin this.

uniz
04.18.2012 , 03:22 PM | #22
all would be ok if done with a few safefalls

safefalls include but not limited to

cant need on items that dont have your class stat ie willpower, cunning, aim and strength. the ability is blocked

some type of a stat check for hardmodes and operations if appropriate. ie begining ones might not need as much if any as the higher tier ones.

some type of a lockout timer for rage quiters

abilitiy to vote kick a group member.

these come to mind right now and am sure i have missed a few. perhaps others have thier own to add.

Katreyn
04.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #23
All of the above really.

If anything Flashpoints, and Heroic Quests. And maybe even with the world event at the moment. Queuing with world boss quests or something when they occur.

Operations are kinda low on my scale, just because you are usually going to already be in a guild if you want this to occur. As Operations get easier though more informal groups occur, so thats where this would come in.

BreedEvil
04.18.2012 , 03:25 PM | #24
I really hope there will be one of these things. Group finder FTW!

Kadin
04.18.2012 , 03:26 PM | #25
Without a doubt, Flashpoints are what I'd like it to support first and foremost. This seems to be the overall largest chunk imho that could benefit the most players. Short of the first couple FP's, I never bothered to look into any even though the General Chat is constantly being spammed for them. Group Finder would obviously help reduce that issue as well...
"Kadin Kohle of Bria 2003-2011 - R.I.P SWG"
═══¦€
═══════════════

Deli
04.18.2012 , 03:26 PM | #26
All the above with Flashpoint as the main priority. Make it cross servers for maximum efficiency. The pros outweigh the cons. Convenience is what keeps World of Warcraft going and going for years.
• Radical Dreamers •
PVE/PVP Singapore
Guild Site

Groovymarlin
04.18.2012 , 03:27 PM | #27
Certainly all of the above are important, but for me Flashpoints are definitely the MOST important. I've missed a lot of content because it's so hard to get together a group for FPs.

DiogoAutilio
04.18.2012 , 03:28 PM | #28
Just for : Forming a group for Operations and Forming a group for Flashpoints.
The Force shall free me.
—The Sith Code

Turista
04.18.2012 , 03:29 PM | #29
The most important thing is to RELEASE IT ASAP.

PvE is close to dead in this game for most people outside of leveling.

WiltenRose
04.18.2012 , 03:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by wjchristenson View Post
Flashpoints with QT to the FP (like warzones). That way more players would want to do FP's without a major interruption to their leveling/etc. Vote to kick, rage quit = timer to requeue, etc.

Ability to queue for a FP would be based on minimum gear ratings & level. You wouldn't want to group up with a new 50 to try and run HM Lost Island...

Cross server queuing would also be optimal. That way less populated servers/factions could enjoy the FP content as well without waiting in a queue all night. Create a friends list which spanned servers. This could help facilitate cross-server queuing with your friends from other servers.
This was my thought as well.