Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

View Poll Results: What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?
Forming a group for Operations 180 5.57%
Forming a group for Flashpoints 1,653 51.11%
Forming a group for Heroic Missions 273 8.44%
Forming a group for something else 39 1.21%
No preference/all of the above 1,089 33.67%
Voters: 3234. You may not vote on this poll

NommNomm
04.18.2012 , 03:09 PM | #11
All of the above need doing but flashpoints should be the main priority

wjchristenson
04.18.2012 , 03:11 PM | #12
Flashpoints with QT to the FP (like warzones). That way more players would want to do FP's without a major interruption to their leveling/etc. Vote to kick, rage quit = timer to requeue, etc.

Ability to queue for a FP would be based on minimum gear ratings & level. You wouldn't want to group up with a new 50 to try and run HM Lost Island...

Cross server queuing would also be optimal. That way less populated servers/factions could enjoy the FP content as well without waiting in a queue all night. Create a friends list which spanned servers. This could help facilitate cross-server queuing with your friends from other servers.
Dozero
JK Guardian Tank
Anchorhead Irregulars

StoleHearts
04.18.2012 , 03:13 PM | #13
Flashpoints should be the priority. Let's be honest here, standing around on the fleet pimping yourself out in trade/general chat isn't very effective all for the sake of 'community'. It's a waste to those who are actually doing quests to have to stop what they are doing in order to go stand around and spam LFG for who knows how long, trying to find the right combination of people. Pushing on my 3rd 50 now and I stopped bothering with leveling Flashpoints. I wait to use my guild to do HM's after 50.

It seems like a waste to have people ignore the Flashpoints due to the hassle of just trying to get people at the right level to go.

Personal note, I don't have a problem with Cross-Server groups. I don't see how it 'kills' community at all. Spending some time with other players, despite the server, should be a good thing. Right?
Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like despair.

Whymezed
04.18.2012 , 03:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
From the choices, All of the above. I would love to be able to sit in a queue in order to finish X heroic on Coruscant, for example.

Not listed in the choices: Cross server. It's a pain trying to find a group at a server's offpeak time period. Even the Warzone group finder has trouble during off peak. In my opinion, Crossserver is the MOST important feature for a group finder so that we can find a group for Flashpoints using players from the entire community.
Love this. imo a really nice feature.
Whymezed
Football: "It's a contact sport! Sometimes you're the bug; sometimes you're the windshield."- Conrad Dobler

Mojune
04.18.2012 , 03:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Azax View Post
No ops plz, wow did that and its a joke fest.
actually the way they originally did it wasn't so bad. ie. wotlk where you could see who was queued for a raid and pick the people you wanted. imo that was the better system than the cross realm anti-social bollocks they have now. as soon as you loose the say over who is in your group things are heading towards bad times...

TheTopper
04.18.2012 , 03:16 PM | #16
My vote is to not have a group finder. A group finder tends to kill the social atmosphere of a game, as of right now people actually have to take a minute to talk to other people in order to run FP's. Adding a group finder for FP's I feel would really hurt the a social aspect of the game.

Neamhan
04.18.2012 , 03:17 PM | #17
Flashpoints are by far the most important. By far.

analogmarz
04.18.2012 , 03:18 PM | #18
i'd only really use it for Flashpoints really. Ops finder isn't too important, that's why you join guilds to do that kind of stuff.
Marz - Venuz - Arez - Hadez
Mind Trick
my youtube channel

Vahzl
04.18.2012 , 03:21 PM | #19
One of the saddest things this game suffers is that on my 50, I have still only done Esseles and one other lowbie Flashpoint. They have really good little stories, and are a nice break up from the grind of levelling, in between warzones.

You are getting close Bioware, very close, just scrabble over the cliff edge, pull yourselves up and you are on mount Golden Age of your MMo.

Really impressed with everything added so far, give this game 6 months and you have yourselves a diamond, once all the sub quit threateners have gone onto something else to wreck for everyone.

Click here to visit my Videogames Review Site
@XtraLifeBastion <-- Follow me on Twitter!
"I stopped eating McDonalds last year, but this doesn't mean I should write them a tear filled letter telling them why I have done so, I just don't give them money and don't go into the restaurants"

magalor
04.18.2012 , 03:22 PM | #20
For me i would like to see a flashpoints and heroic missions. operations should not have an easy lfg function. should be guild or pugs organized hopefully by someone who knows what to do