Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Feedback request from James Ohlen - Group Finder

View Poll Results: What part of a Group Finder feature is most important to you?
Forming a group for Operations 180 5.57%
Forming a group for Flashpoints 1,653 51.11%
Forming a group for Heroic Missions 273 8.44%
Forming a group for something else 39 1.21%
No preference/all of the above 1,089 33.67%
Voters: 3234. You may not vote on this poll

04.18.2012 , 08:57 PM | #111
People need to get over how WoW did Raids.

DDO does raids too and it works great there.

The LFM tool Needs to at LEAST be for flashpoints, AND Heroics AND Ops.

I haven't done a single op yet because I never find a group for em.

04.18.2012 , 09:05 PM | #112
Flashpoints first and foremost, cross-server would be even better.
It's a good day to die,
When you know the reasons why,
When duty calls, you pay the price,
For the Republic I will give my life.

04.18.2012 , 09:09 PM | #113
The part of the group find most important to my play style is transportation to and from the flashpoint. Once I queue up I don't want to have to wait around the station while the group is found, or wait around for people to finish what they are doing and get to the departure point. Send a shuttle, zoom me away, and drop me back where I was when we've saved the Galaxy again.

04.18.2012 , 09:17 PM | #114
All of the above but Heroic Flashpoints and Flashpoints should be priority first. Then Operations and finally Heroic/Regular/Class Missions.

RIP orange pixel

04.18.2012 , 09:22 PM | #115
Would be great if you would ad class role ,but also

Hardcore : XP+ Loot, aka the fast and the furious
Storyliner : just here for the story, I wanna see this cut scene
Socializer : I'm here to talk and help people

04.18.2012 , 09:39 PM | #116
All of the above, flashpoints being a priority, and cross server, while specifically stated as not being at this time, is a must, I have tried, and I honestly cant think of why some people are so against that, you want to run with friends/ guildies/ same server people, you can do that now without this tool. We need something that will lest us play at whatever time/population level we happen to be on. Cross server ques for anything cant hurt your "community" in any way.

04.18.2012 , 09:55 PM | #117
Most important feature: porting/summoning to/from the instance and back from whereever I happened to be standing anywhere in the galaxy.

Frankly, you guys and gals need to hire me; you don't even ask the right questions.... in this topic or for example that 1.2 didn't address any of the fundamental issues with this game (see my recent thread) other than customizeable UI, and the legacy updates didn't address fundamental issues with surnames (also covered by my recent thread). I'm not feeling confident in project vision, leadership, and prioritization. You have to be feeling it in sub trends.

04.18.2012 , 10:42 PM | #118
Forming a group for Heroic Missions. Because I can form a group for Operations and Flashpoints with people from my guild.
I am truly honored to serve such a personage as you, Master. History will remember your name. Not mine, but definitely yours.

04.18.2012 , 10:48 PM | #119
I voted for the most important thing in a group finder being Operations. Heroic missions are outleveled too fast to be useful. Flashpoints are a stepping stone. Operations are the PvE end game, where you would want most of the players to spend their time. Alts are nice and stuff, but you can only do a planet's quests so many times.

That being said, this poll is simply too limited in scope to provide any real data. Of course a group finder for all of these choices would be ideal. Unfortunately, I can see the resources required probably making that impossible. In terms of priority, heroic missions will yield very little play. As I said, they are quickly outleveled, most people just abandon/skip them, and while the rewards are good, they are not great.

If this feature had been in the game from the beginning, flashpoints definitely would have been the place to start. At this point in the game's life cycle, people aren't even interested in flashpoints anymore. I've got people in my guild that say they want to run flashpoints, but no one is interested in learning to tank so we can run them. This is the other problem with a flashpoint grouping feature. There are no tanks to run the FP's. And unless they resort to bribing tanks (which I'm going to have to start doing in my guild) people aren't going to switch.

Operations at least off a chance at the best loot in the game. That might be a big enough carrot to get people interested in PvE content again. I'd like to bring up the case of WoW as an excellent example of this. During all of Cataclysm, they were losing players by the 100's of thousands. People just weren't interested in Dungeons anymore. Now, they have the raid finder, they are still losing subs (as they rightly should, the game is going downhill fast), but the rate at which they are losing them has slowed significantly. Offering players a chance to earn real end game rewards is the only way a feature like this will be successful at this point in the game's life.

Finally, all of this is basically moot. They stated that this feature is going to be single server only. On my server, we don't even have enough level 50's to get PvP ques to reliably pop. Hopping in a que for PvE content on my server will be equally pointless. Even if they go the flashpoint route, finding a single tank is going to be rare. They might have more success with it in leveling flashpoints, but what's the point of cultivating a lower level community when you can't retain them at max level.

Basically, unless this feature is going to allow cross-server grouping, for me, it just seems too little too late. I'm glad that this feature will finally be in the game, but it's not a new idea, it's not going to impact my server, and it won't do much to keep my interest in this game.

04.18.2012 , 11:00 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
As a note; at this time the Group Finder feature in development is limited to searching on a single server only.
If you want a Group Finder for their server only, just do a server-wide chat channel. There is no need to allocate development resources for a single-server Group Finder when you can do the EXACT SAME THING much, much cheaper with a server-wide chat channel.

So, stop wasting time on this feature : without cross-server abilities, a simple chat channel is enough.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.