Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The whole "4 hour" egg spawn mechanism...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The whole "4 hour" egg spawn mechanism...

Kissakias
04.18.2012 , 01:03 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
Just make the thing bound to leagacy, no one should have to go do dailys for a few days to get the money to pay some clown who is spawn camping an item that should have been bound to begain with.
so most of those will still camp it just for their alts, doesnt help at all
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--39400--achievement points--

Hyfy
04.18.2012 , 01:38 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
so most of those will still camp it just for their alts, doesnt help at all

Like I've said before if you make it exclusive, a 1 time pick up per character, then the most you will have to worry about them is a total of 8 times. And the odds of them having all 8 ready to go, not so much. So you greatly improve the chances of others being able to get it at some point go up exponentially.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Tkara
04.18.2012 , 06:08 PM | #43
I waited around in the nest off the broken bridge and someone else came by right when the egg spawned and took it.

I have the worst luck.

Virtek
04.18.2012 , 06:20 PM | #44
It's really not the only pet around.

Did you folks read through and find that you can get 2...count them TWO pets from doing quests right now?

And another egg from a flashpoint. And a THIRD rakghoul through a flashpoint?

And yet a THIRD egg from an operation?

Another that Bioware is giving practically everyone that has an active account.

So....count them up.....
1....2...3...4...5...6...7 pets just added off the top of my head.

Only ONE of which is on a timer. Relax guys, it's just another option for obtaining a pet. Go get the others and be satisfied that you stand a chance to get the spawn timer egg in a month or three, when it's not the hot new thing.

Check out this fantastic thread for some nice info:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=409618
Guild UMBRA: Darkest Part of the Shadow
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ị⾯ịⴵⴵⴵị⥯(♼)⥮ịⴵⴵⴵị⾯ị▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

ibeo
04.18.2012 , 06:21 PM | #45
first day trying to get it i went to one spawn and saw a person camping...ok on to the next ..next was empty cool...i camped 2 hours by myself then all of the sudden people started showing up...people started logging in on the nest and when 12 people were there it spawned...was a click fest ( that i lost) i called back to fleet and guy was selling it....simple fix make them no trade
Ibeo of Wanderhome UZI of Squadron 238
ELITE of Vulkar Highway "Vonderhome"

ElementalCrisis
04.18.2012 , 06:23 PM | #46
Just wait, once the hype dies down it will be a lot easier to get the egg.
Server: Mandalore The Indomitable
Faction: Republic // Guild: The Guild

Kubernetic
04.18.2012 , 07:14 PM | #47
Once again... the same old responses.

"There's enough casual content!"
As if a randomized spawn timer from 4 hours to 6 hours would enable more casual players to get it, rather than an exact 14,400 second timer which makes it RIDICULOUSLY easy for casual players to get at the egg by simply timing the spawn once (presuming it's being repeatedly picked up by someone).

"You should have seen the Proto-Drake!"
"Seriously, there are other pets in the game."
"Just ignore it."
As if this response has ANYTHING to do with the critical issues being raised about an EXACT 14,400 second spawn timer which enables easy botting and farming.

Love it. But regardless of these irrelevant answers, here's my fix (once AGAIN!):

1) Randomize the spawn timer so that it appears at some random point between 4-6 hours.

2) Lift the egg up out of the nest just above it and place it in a little alcove in the cliff wall, so that other players cannot stand directly over the egg location, or spawning their huge vehicle over top of it, and try to prevent its appearance from being noticed immediately.

3) OPTIONAL: Bind on Pickup / Or else remove alacrity timer activation bonuses so that each player has an equal chance to click it and obtain it.

Done.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

illgot
04.18.2012 , 07:25 PM | #48
we have 2 people on my server that have basically blocked anyone from getting the egg. They know the timers and have alts parked there. They use macros to click and rarely lose the clicking contest. It's hard to fight a person that is clicking 10 times a second without any effort.

They love to brag about how they have monopolized the eggs and sell them at 300-500k each. I don't care about the eggs because I'm not into bird pets, but it irritates me how they are constantly bragging about their monopoly and troll people that get pissed because they have little chance at getting an egg for themselves.

notebene
04.18.2012 , 07:33 PM | #49
For way too many years, I stalked Timmy, and got 'many' little white kittens for all my characters and friends' character and some of their spouses who also wanted them.

Because how do you kill...that which has no life?

But on a brighter note, I'd rather loot an egg on a 4 hour timer than have to kill some epic boss (that I'd get yelled at for not having the special l33t-d00dz-armor-set-6000-purplezors-level-73-mods-kek-kek-no-seriously-it-drags-on-the-floor! armor and no none of my rotations) to maybe get a 1/n shot at 'maybe' getting to loot a schematic to make something that should 'clearly' just be for sale at a 7-Eleven, discovering the ingredients are not entirely easy to get, to make once thing...

...that no one has any idea how to use to find a damned little Taun Taun

So...4 hour egg + water buff + solar panels = thank you.

I played EQ, and for those with them der there rosey colored spectaled who dads, there were actually quite a few of us 'at the time' that said "this is pretty cool...but why do so many things 'punish' you for playing?"

Woops, off topic. Egg good. Crazy "messin with sasquatch jerky taun taun" = bad
MOTD - One Giant Server - When I'll Need To Make My 'Bucket-List' List 1. I'm not having fun any more. 2. Puritans. 3. One or more characters were renamed in a server merge. 4. Something given to 'all characters on account' are not given to 'all characters on account'. 5. Design by Committee.

Miyaka
04.18.2012 , 07:38 PM | #50
The hype will die down and they will be easier to get.

Honestly, it's always been this way with rare items. If you want it, you have to really want to put in the time to get it. And Yes, deal with people who want it to sell. And there is nothing wrong with that, if it can be sold, people will make a buck off of it. Just because you want to use it for yourself, doesn't make that egg rightfully yours. Just because YOU are the collector doesn't mean you have the rights because you want it more. And Yes, I am a collector. I had nearly 190 pets in WoW before I quit. I know this hobby far too well.

And it doesn't matter if they make it unique, BOP or whatever to stop people from selling it.
People will still camp it, either for themselves or just to be jerks. That is the nature of people.

So, you can either roll with it and try harder....or give up and demand that it be changed to meet your needs.
If they are using a macro, you use a macro. If they spawning right before the egg, you stand there first.
If you want to win, you have to play harder than they do.
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)