Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The whole "4 hour" egg spawn mechanism...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The whole "4 hour" egg spawn mechanism...

JohunMorlish
04.18.2012 , 11:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Danakar View Post
You know what this reminds me of? Those low level Goldseller bots you see popping up near chests to loot them and log off, loot them and log off, loot them and log off. Those things can click on an item before the game renders their character into the gameworld, faster than any real player (and I've seen it with my own eyes).

So if this thing on an exact 4-hour timer, those bots can just loot two items every 4 hours on every single server and then sell it off for millions on the GTN; setting up a ton in reserve Credits for their Goldselling schemes.

If anything, the egg should have been BoP.
The egg can't be put up for sale on the GTN. I've tried. I'm not sure about the pet when you actually hatch it though.
The Dal Legacy
Vilescere - Sorcerer / Joret Dal - Mercenary / Vornar Dal - Sage
Munire morem, non stare
"Building a tradition, not resting upon one"

Pesh
04.18.2012 , 11:33 AM | #22
I don't have this item or even want it.

But I have no problem with the 4 hour timer. Seriously why can't MMOs have items in them anymore that you look at and go "Wow, that guy is committed" .

There is tons of casual content, and I get it that not everyone will be able to get the egg ona 4 hour timer, and they shouldn't... Bioware is giving something to the community who is considered "hardcore" and every successful MMO need the elitist hardcore group.

God I remember items have a 24 hours timer back in EQ1. And stuff like that gave you a real achievement feeling for being able to beat out other players for it.

I applaud Bioware, for trying to make this game an actual MMO and not just a causal grind feast where every persona has every item.

Hyfy
04.18.2012 , 11:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JeRune View Post
Seriously guys, anyone ever tried to get (or got) a Time Lost Proto Drake in WoW? Then you know why it's called Time Lost.. a four hour timer is laughable; not even worth mentioning as time sink. Get over it; there are two spots where the egg spawns, go there early in the morning. or late at night; no problem..

Besides, if someone steals the egg from you at the moment it spawns, then you know the respawn timer, right? What's stopping you from setting you alarm clock four hours later yourself?
This aint WoW. People keep bringing up these other games. Great all well and fine you got something in another game, this isn't that other game.

The point is, there are people who are making it essentially impossible to get just one. I wouldn't mind it I wasn't getting the shaft from the same person over and over and over again who is presumably using some sort of bot that can click on it and start collecting it before it is even fully rendered. And if it isn't that it is someone blocking it from sight with their speeders or their skirt etc. And again it's the same people doing it. The easiest fix is just make it exclusive and you can only collect 1 per character.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Danakar
04.18.2012 , 11:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JohunMorlish View Post
The egg can't be put up for sale on the GTN. I've tried. I'm not sure about the pet when you actually hatch it though.
If not on the GTN, what is to stop Goldsellers from advertising on the Fleet?

Ni Hao! You buy egg, is good egg; 1 milljon dollah!

Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Ansultares
04.18.2012 , 11:38 AM | #25
I don't know why its not unique.

Hyfy
04.18.2012 , 11:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
I don't have this item or even want it.

But I have no problem with the 4 hour timer. Seriously why can't MMOs have items in them anymore that you look at and go "Wow, that guy is committed" .

There is tons of casual content, and I get it that not everyone will be able to get the egg ona 4 hour timer, and they shouldn't... Bioware is giving something to the community who is considered "hardcore" and every successful MMO need the elitist hardcore group.

God I remember items have a 24 hours timer back in EQ1. And stuff like that gave you a real achievement feeling for being able to beat out other players for it.

I applaud Bioware, for trying to make this game an actual MMO and not just a causal grind feast where every persona has every item.

No one is griping about the guy or girl who gets one and moves on.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Pesh
04.18.2012 , 11:43 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
This aint WoW. People keep bringing up these other games. Great all well and fine you got something in another game, this isn't that other game.
Your right, this is not one of those other games, but this is a MMORPG. And in MMORPGs there are and should be time sinks that the average player cannot hope to deal with. This has been in MMOs since the beginning and bring a WOW (not the game) factor to the item you get from the time sink.

I understand that a more casual crowd is now apart of the MMO community, and I am apart of them. But that does not mean every aspect of the game needs to cater to them. If everyone has the item and can get the item, what is the appeal?

Witnezz
04.18.2012 , 11:44 AM | #28
Sat there on and off for 28 hours, 5 and 6 hour stretches ... lost it 3 times to login ninja's ... got it eventually.

If you want it do what it takes to get it ... otherwise move on, "this is not the egg you're looking for"
--== 1020 ==--
--= 367 =--
--=111111=--

Pesh
04.18.2012 , 11:45 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
No one is griping about the guy or girl who gets one and moves on.
But someone who has the time to camp the egg every 4 hours, should be able to make a profit on it. From what I saw people said you cannot sell the egg, but can you sell the hatched product? Then why can't the person farming these then sell the extras for some loot?

I doubt people are simply just farming these so they can have 15 of the same pet.

DeathDiciple
04.18.2012 , 11:51 AM | #30
If it EXACT 4 hours timer then its botting heaven, which definitely should NOT be allowed (same goldseller bots etc). If its some random factor around, e.g. 3.5 to 4.5 hours, so it cant be exactly coded into bots, its just a matter of being persistant and its fine as it is imo.

Its fluff, you want it, invest time on it - I never cared enough to camp stuff like that.