Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The whole "4 hour" egg spawn mechanism...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The whole "4 hour" egg spawn mechanism...

iRouven's Avatar


iRouven
04.18.2012 , 10:36 AM | #11
I'd rather have a random timer then have it bound to legacy - only because it also drops from a boss.

That said I am not sure how someone has the upper hand even if he knows when it will spawn. You pretty much know it won't be long when that person comes on - spam the clicker (try to loot) - should be 50/50? Maybe he has the advantage once if the clickeable area is smaller and you are not exactly sure where to click. But after that?

Out of principle I would not buy this on the GTN if the mechanic is abused like this.
“Rattatakii rattataki rakghoul est.” – Jassna Orda
Scions of Korriban
Experience the dark side of the Sons of Numenor on Lord Adraas
http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/

utio's Avatar


utio
04.18.2012 , 10:39 AM | #12
I was lucky enough to get my egg first attempt. A couple of people came by, but went when they saw me patiently waiting, so there are some nice players out there!
What they should do is let it spawn for 30 mins, let anyone who clicks on it get one in their inventory, and make it BOP.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
04.18.2012 , 10:39 AM | #13
Bind on pickup doesn't stop people from doing it just to grief people. Make it exclusive so you can only pick up 1 per toon and you will stop all of that. With that though, just to make it still a rare item they could increase the time frame that it can drop and make it random. Or make it drop randomly once a week. Something along those lines.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

NDiggy's Avatar


NDiggy
04.18.2012 , 10:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JeRune View Post
Seriously guys, anyone ever tried to get (or got) a Time Lost Proto Drake in WoW? Then you know why it's called Time Lost.. a four hour timer is laughable; not even worth mentioning as time sink. Get over it; there are two spots where the egg spawns, go there early in the morning. or late at night; no problem..

Besides, if someone steals the egg from you at the moment it spawns, then you know the respawn timer, right? What's stopping you from setting you alarm clock four hours later yourself?
The fact that I'm on a pvp server and every one but me has a knock back.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

JeRune's Avatar


JeRune
04.18.2012 , 10:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
The fact that I'm on a pvp server and every one but me has a knock back.
I don't have a knockback (Marauder) and I play on a PvP server; went to the empire side spawnpoint Saturday morning at 8, someone was camping... Took my speeder, went to the republic side spawn point, no-one; missed the jump, (silly me) had to fly all the way back (about 10 minutes), still no-one, jumped down, got the egg.. no problem at all.
E:80 A:73 K:33 S:13 "Filled out Friday's Fail Form yet?"

Spoiler

utio's Avatar


utio
04.18.2012 , 10:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JeRune View Post
I don't have a knockback (Marauder) and I play on a PvP server; went to the empire side spawnpoint Saturday morning at 8, someone was camping... Took my speeder, went to the republic side spawn point, no-one; missed the jump, (silly me) had to fly all the way back (about 10 minutes), still no-one, jumped down, got the egg.. no problem at all.
Yeah I had no probs getting it either. Good for us eh, lol. Thing is, that doesn't mean other people aren't having probs, and they've got every right to express their dismay, even if you don't think it's a problem.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

GreckoTempest's Avatar


GreckoTempest
04.18.2012 , 11:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
Yeah I had no probs getting it either. Good for us eh, lol. Thing is, that doesn't mean other people aren't having probs, and they've got every right to express their dismay, even if you don't think it's a problem.
QFE.

Just because something is going one way for you, does NOT mean its going the same for everyone else.
Sorta like the 1% thinking the 99% are "ok"
MrHarmon - 50 Gunslinger
Slim-Shady - 50 Shadow
Grecko - 20's Scoundrel
(Master Zhar Lestin)

Danakar's Avatar


Danakar
04.18.2012 , 11:08 AM | #18
You know what this reminds me of? Those low level Goldseller bots you see popping up near chests to loot them and log off, loot them and log off, loot them and log off. Those things can click on an item before the game renders their character into the gameworld, faster than any real player (and I've seen it with my own eyes).

So if this thing on an exact 4-hour timer, those bots can just loot two items every 4 hours on every single server and then sell it off for millions on the GTN; setting up a ton in reserve Credits for their Goldselling schemes.

If anything, the egg should have been BoP.
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

Snakeyees's Avatar


Snakeyees
04.18.2012 , 11:16 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Danakar View Post
You know what this reminds me of? Those low level Goldseller bots you see popping up near chests to loot them and log off, loot them and log off, loot them and log off. Those things can click on an item before the game renders their character into the gameworld, faster than any real player (and I've seen it with my own eyes).

So if this thing on an exact 4-hour timer, those bots can just loot two items every 4 hours on every single server and then sell it off for millions on the GTN; setting up a ton in reserve Credits for their Goldselling schemes.

If anything, the egg should have been BoP.
But if nobody buys it, then problem solved they wont do it.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.

Lundli's Avatar


Lundli
04.18.2012 , 11:21 AM | #20
Make it BoP and Unique