who is actually using their crafted items?

Rafkin

I'm using my Artifice mods/hilts/color crystals, but largely that is because my crew skills are over-leveled for my character.

My wife was at work yesterday, so I spent all day just sending our NPC's on crew skill missions (I have slicing, so I was using the profits from slicing missions to fund her archeology missions to level our trade skills) since I couldn't do real quests without her.

Now I'm level 15 with 111 artifice, 172 slicing, 108 treasure hunting :D

One thing I will say, treasure hunting kicks some serious rear. I'm wearing several blue items I got from treasure hunting missions (blue bracers, helm, belt).

Edited by Virance

I think BioWare hit a homerun with crafting.

I am having an obscene amount of fun with a Mercenary and Armormech.

Armormech crew skill has some RNG offered through Reverse Engineering as you seek certain flavors of each item. As soon as you get your second companion you can really crank out the products.

What I discovered is that the Prototype version of the armor is infinitely more fun to use than the Artifact version. Generally you end up crafting 4 or 5 prototypes before you get a Critical success thus granting a Mod (Augment) Slot for that item.

Overall, Armormech feels like it has depth. I spent 12 hours discovering all the prototype versions for Heavy and Medium armor useable by characters up to level 15. My Merc and Meko are decked out in top of the line Prototype gear with Artifact level Augments in every piece.

All in all I spent a day having a very fun time, while crafting of all things, and ended up increasing my firepower and staying power by a ton. I am thinking of taking a tactical pause with my Merc in order to roll a Sniper. I can deck it out in full Prototype gear from my Merc and then pick up Cybertech (on the Sniper) so that I can fully sustain my new armor builds as I level on the Merc.

I use my cybertech stuff all the time, to round out my moddable items and for the earpieces. Grenades not so much... I almost have no place on my hotbars for even my class abilities anymore at level 31 and taking up five places is quite the huge investment in that area.

Cybertech allows me to spend my planet commendations on getting some expensive stuff for myself and my companions, or getting that "just made that level" lightsaber and strip-mining the mods for higher DPS. It's a very good skill, although I'd wish the Consular would get a droid companion, so that I can get use out of all those craftable droid parts I could make.

Well, I went Armormech for my Trooper, and I find that I use a lot of the pieces I make, but I see a wall ahead of me, as I found an orange chest piece, and hope to find an orange pants I like at some point, and eventually probably a whole orange wardrobe rather than being at the whim of chance as to whether I'll look like an idiot or not, so then what? Once I have all orange stuff that I like the look of, what's the point of crafting new armor? I hope that either they'll make it so that Armormech can craft armor mods so that we can keep our orange armor up to par with the other armor we can craft, OR that they implement an appearance tab soon so that I can continue to craft armor for stats and then slot it without having it mess up my look.

The current gear/loot system REALLY annoys me, since too often the pieces I find either have lame stats or lame appearance, and I'm almost never as excited by quest rewards as I'd like to be because they're almost never anything that I actually have a use for. I'm overloaded with Commendations. :(

I am using it because I frankly can't afford oranges and mods yet and I haven't found any. I'm sure I won't use it as I get higher level, but then, I am used to that given I played EQ2 and once you could get nice legendary/fablde you never used MC.