Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arena


TheHage's Avatar


TheHage
12.13.2011 , 06:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavic View Post
If you want Arena's go play WoW. This isn't that game, and hopefully never will be.
Those go play that and that game are the most stupid responses. It's nothing away from you if someone wants to play arena in TOR.

DeathKorps's Avatar


DeathKorps
12.13.2011 , 06:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHage View Post
Those go play that and that game are the most stupid responses. It's nothing away from you if someone wants to play arena in TOR.
That is where you are wrong. If WoW garbage is allowed to sit around waiting on arena combat, then it takes away from people who would otherwise queue for warzones or partake in open PvP.
Führer der War Machine | laying waste to Naddist Rebels
Join the Bloodthirsty War Machine
Ω Steel within, fire without Ω

Praecipua's Avatar


Praecipua
12.13.2011 , 06:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirolos View Post
i would be all for arenas if they

A. Didnt give gear rewards.
Cosmetic Rewards are fine.

B. Acted like CoH's arena. Basically you had the option to customize the type of arena play you wanted.
This is close to what I think. Arenas should be completely separated from all other gameplay:

They could give gear rewards such as 2 levels of an arena-only set (the first level would be free to everyone entering arena and mandatory to wear for balance, the second level would be same in stats but different in appearance). The arena set would only give stats inside arena and outside of arena (such as displaying epeen in the capital) it would be purely cosmetic. That way arena would be completely separated from warzones, world pvp and pve. People who dislike it could stay out of it and people who enjoy it can enjoy it and if they wanted to still do world pvp and warzones and get the appropriate rewards for those activities like everyone else.

Arena in my opinion should be based in individual skill and team skill, not gear. The ones who play it should play it for enjoyment and challenge and not to grind stats to be able to stomp over others with increased endurance/power. I believe this type of an arena could satisfy a lot of players whether they like arena or not.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and our world lives on and is immortal.

iamexo's Avatar


iamexo
12.13.2011 , 06:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
S1&S2 2400 ret pala glad, ty.

You know, the time when WoW had still balls-they started falling off, but still were there.

And I assume you are soon to be best azeroth panda pokemon trainer.

Ok you were not a 2400 ret during season 1 or 2 being as ret was horrible. Nice try though.
Exo the Infernal // Jedi Shadow
Elitist 10/10 Nightmare // The Crucible Pits

Lerdoc's Avatar


Lerdoc
12.13.2011 , 06:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by iamexo View Post
Ok you were not a 2400 ret during season 1 or 2 being as ret was horrible. Nice try though.
And thats why I went with it. Not picking easy mode does not mean not being able to be competitive. Resto sham, MS war and ret pala team did quite well, burst is your friend.

I assume you were the one so called elite that rerolled whatever FOTM currently was during seasons.

Pranks's Avatar


Pranks
12.13.2011 , 06:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by iamexo View Post
the one and only
I totally remember playing against you in BC.
s3,s4,s6 Gladiator
My AJ Profile

Zaraath's Avatar


Zaraath
12.13.2011 , 06:43 PM | #27
Arenas are fun.. I say go for it.

As long as they offer nothing that cannot be attained elsewhere. Arenas that were implemented in WoW caused so many balance issues, because people wanted to make it 1v1 for each class, which retracts from group play. So as long as its just for fun, I say its good. If it becomes a focus like WoW, then its a drain on resources for this game.

Corwingeorge's Avatar


Corwingeorge
12.13.2011 , 06:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
S1&S2 2400 ret pala glad, ty.

You know, the time when WoW had still balls-they started falling off, but still were there.

And I assume you are soon to be best azeroth panda pokemon trainer.
i was season 1-24 3700 min rated elemental shaman, ty.

Rectangle's Avatar


Rectangle
12.13.2011 , 06:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pranks View Post
I totally remember playing against you in BC.
pranks AKA #1 exo fanboi

Corwingeorge's Avatar


Corwingeorge
12.13.2011 , 06:47 PM | #30
boom roasted