Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, stop adding new features and do something about the graphics!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, stop adding new features and do something about the graphics!

TutLekump
04.17.2012 , 07:44 PM | #1
It's unbelievable to pay $60 and $15 monthly subscription for a game in 2012 with dx9 graphics. Do something about it, please. The game is great, but it kills me to play it on max settings and still look like I'm playing a 2004 game.

I know your reasons, but you can do improvements in the Hero Engine, since you altered it, with or without the updates. If Turbine did it, than you can do it as well. LOTRO is compatible with dx9 hardware AND dx11 hardware, and it looks really good. SWTOR doesn't.

I love this game, don't wanna get fed of it because when I play Crysis 2 after SWTOR I feel like I jumped 8 years in time.

Thank you, and like I said, I really appreciate your work in this game.

MaverickXIV
04.17.2012 , 07:50 PM | #2
The game doesn't look like a game from 2004.

I'd rather them spend time on new content and bug fixes then upgrade graphics which look pretty good for stylized realism.

Satanski
04.17.2012 , 07:56 PM | #3
Although i like the SWTOR's graphics, i agree theres a room for improvement. But they have to work on optimisation first.

Kthx
04.17.2012 , 07:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TutLekump View Post
It's unbelievable to pay $60 and $15 monthly subscription for a game in 2012 with dx9 graphics. Do something about it, please.
Maybe they looked at the financial performance of LotRO and came to the conclusion that the investment required to support both DX9 and DX11 is not warranted by the return?

RickRedOne
04.17.2012 , 08:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TutLekump View Post
It's unbelievable to pay $60 and $15 monthly subscription for a game in 2012 with dx9 graphics. Do something about it, please. The game is great, but it kills me to play it on max settings and still look like I'm playing a 2004 game.

I know your reasons, but you can do improvements in the Hero Engine, since you altered it, with or without the updates. If Turbine did it, than you can do it as well. LOTRO is compatible with dx9 hardware AND dx11 hardware, and it looks really good. SWTOR doesn't.

I love this game, don't wanna get fed of it because when I play Crysis 2 after SWTOR I feel like I jumped 8 years in time.

Thank you, and like I said, I really appreciate your work in this game.
Turbine and LOTRO do not use the Hero Engine.

p.s. Oh and I think the graphics are just fine...
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

Andryah
04.17.2012 , 08:07 PM | #6
The graphics are fine. Not perfect, but fine for an MMO. It will get better over time (they always do).

DX11 is not going to give you anything remarkable. It will however inject a whole new series of bugs, particularly hardware quirks and dependencies given the thousands of different configurations out there (not to mention all the semi stable beta graphics drivers people jam into their PCs to eek out .5% performance boost for the latest FPS shooter on the shelf).

You can go back to complaining about missing features, bad features, etc. etc.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

Scerge
04.17.2012 , 08:12 PM | #7
I couldn't care less about increasing the graphics, I want more options so that I can tweak my 5/6 year old computer even more so I get even more fps.

Currently have fps ranging from 1fps to 60 fps. lol
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.

Nagadeath
04.17.2012 , 08:12 PM | #8
the teams working on new content are not the same teams doing bug fixes and graphics adjustments. so bw adding new content has nothing to do with the graphics.

i don't know about anyone else but i wouldn't want a writer or artist fixing bugs or writing the code for the graphics engine anyway.

Red_Vs_Blue
04.17.2012 , 08:12 PM | #9
Should have used a better engine in the first place, like cryENGINE, or unreal. or something better than this mess.

Scerge
04.17.2012 , 08:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Red_Vs_Blue View Post
Should have used a better engine in the first place, like cryENGINE, or unreal. or something better than this mess.
Rofl, you people and jumping on the bandwagon, if you actually knew stuff about tech you'd know this engine isn't as bad as people like to claim.
Battlebug
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
13-12-11 7 Day Early Access Squadron.