Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3 Legitimate Classes Left

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
3 Legitimate Classes Left

Onager
04.18.2012 , 01:59 PM | #21
The entire PVP system is broken now, speculation on classes should be withheld until after they get their **** fixed.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

hadoken
04.18.2012 , 02:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
The entire PVP system is broken now, speculation on classes should be withheld until after they get their **** fixed.
Well that is an optimistic point of view, the second half :P

Akilus
04.18.2012 , 02:25 PM | #23
I usually just go with the class that suits me the most.

Onager
04.18.2012 , 02:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Well that is an optimistic point of view, the second half :P
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

xirinia
04.18.2012 , 02:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
I do not play an assassin, maruader, nor ops healer... so no, they aren't in my sig. And as I said in my OP, I don't think most classes are bad, just that these 3 classes are by far the alpha classes left after 1.2. I am a very objective person, I called for nerfs to PT's prior to the nerfs being made (check my post history) and for nerfs to Sorcs too (both classes I play).
Has anyone mentioned to you that shadow is an assassin's mirror, less stylishly dressed?

Rafkin
04.18.2012 , 04:49 PM | #26
If pvp is your thing then this is the wrong game for you. Class balance is the least of the problems when it comes to pvp.

Humankeg
04.18.2012 , 06:40 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by FalcoLombardi View Post
Sorry, anything can be very good if you play it right.

On my Juggernaut (14/25/2) I can get 80-120K damage and about 45-60K protection per match. I make a great Huttball carrier and defender as well
Pretty much every class can be good; but when it comes down to it, people pick the best compositions and teams when they play at high levels.

Players that fight for rank one spots (like myself) do not necessarily play FOTM classes, but do not gimp themselves by playing the worst classes available. They tend to stick to comps that give them the biggest advantage.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mighty_Donkan View Post
the thing here is not which class is best right now, but which class everybody switch to after wetting their pants over the forums whinings

those 3 classes weren't nerfed or hit so hard, so everyone moved over to them cause they got scared and can't put their brains together to adapt to the new changes, give it some time, maybe a week or two, or maybe more, I can't tell for sure, and the thing will start to balance among classes again once a bunch of good players find the way to adapt to 1.2 changes and share their findings with the rest

you are way too impatient people
People gavitating in mass to a certain class is usually an indication of an op'd class. Its not always the case (like with Mercs/commandos pre patch) but still.

Quote: Originally Posted by xirinia View Post
Has anyone mentioned to you that shadow is an assassin's mirror, less stylishly dressed?
I mention 3 classes with the hope that people will realize that each class includes mirrors for both factions.

I guess I was being too optomistic to think people would have enough brain cells to figure this one out.

Humankeg
04.18.2012 , 06:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
If pvp is your thing then this is the wrong game for you. Class balance is the least of the problems when it comes to pvp.
Really disagree on this. Class balance is THE biggest issue right now, followed by no 8 man pm's, then stale (too few) wz's, stale/non-exsistant world pvp.

Guiltybydesign
04.18.2012 , 07:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
Really disagree on this. Class balance is THE biggest issue right now, followed by no 8 man pm's, then stale (too few) wz's, stale/non-exsistant world pvp.
Class balance is only second right now to gear balance. Pvp after 1.2 is way more gear dependent. This game just became gear over skill.

I went from being able to hold my own in full rakatta to hitting like a wet noodle and being completely steamrolled. I then threw on my mostly champ gear with just 2 peices of the new recruit gear to fill in gaps and it was even worse. If you arent in BM gear, don't even bother.

ounkeo
04.18.2012 , 07:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Utter nonsense.

The Best Players play the class that fits them the best, and they make the best teams with diversity. Annoying, min-maxers who read forums and guides and debate which ability is truely better (one does 500 damage over 4 seconds, one does 400 instantly... etc.) worry about "best classes to stack."

Edit: And I meant to add "And their hoards of wanna be elite min-maxer minions..."
This.

The ones who don't complain are the ones who choose the class that fits their playstyle and preference and they make it work for them. For example, I like to play heavy armor melee tanks. I would suck at playing DPS because I'm completely uninterested in playing DPS. I wouldn't utilise him nearly as effectively as someone who fits that playstyle more.

In every PVP game (and swtor is not a pvp game - it just has pvp), you ALWAYS see the most fotm classes get trashed by classes deemed too gimpy.

It's about learning your class and utilising it to its strengths rather than looking at its weakness and dwelling on it. That is why the Ducati 916 was always winning the superbike races even though every other bike was faster, more powerful, more technically advanced. The riders of the Ducati took it's one advantage (agility) and maximised on it.

Will you beat a highly skilled player playing a FOTM class head on? Probably not but you'll beat the vast majority of the rabble playing those classes if you're playing your class to your advantage over someone who is trying to button mash/face roll.