Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3 Legitimate Classes Left

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
3 Legitimate Classes Left

Humankeg
04.17.2012 , 05:34 PM | #1
Anyone else think there are only 3 legitimate classes left for competitive gameplay?

I am not talking about classes just being useful as there are still several of those. I am talking about the best players using the best classes to have the best teams in game, using only these three classes in their teams.

And if this is the case, anyone else think that BW's pvp team is a little clueless on pvp balance? Prior to 1.2 I think they did a reasonably ok job with pvp balance; but post 1.2 I think they just got lucky at launch.

Lexster
04.17.2012 , 05:35 PM | #2
Yep. Only 3 classes worthwhile now. Sadly they are all on the empire side. And must be chiss to maintain that effectiveness.

Safgril
04.17.2012 , 05:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
Anyone else think there are only 3 legitimate classes left for competitive gameplay?

I am not talking about classes just being useful as there are still several of those. I am talking about the best players using the best classes to have the best teams in game, using only these three classes in their teams.

And if this is the case, anyone else think that BW's pvp team is a little clueless on pvp balance? Prior to 1.2 I think they did a reasonably ok job with pvp balance; but post 1.2 I think they just got lucky at launch.
i can name 2 right off the bat.. the warzones are filled with assassin/shadows and maurader/sents...

tahts 2... the other is just a mix of old classes of people trying to stick to them. I think as more sides continue to level up these 2 classes you will see less of the other classes. i brought back my gunslinger... i wanted to play healer... but that is pointless as i spend more time healing myself then teammates.

unixbomber
04.17.2012 , 05:38 PM | #4
Not sure if srs....

cashogy
04.17.2012 , 05:38 PM | #5
1/10

learn your class. anything can be effective
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Tenthletter
04.17.2012 , 05:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post

Judging by the climate on these forums, you have two of them in your sig. Congrats!

emtbobbyb
04.17.2012 , 05:51 PM | #7
all im seeing is Powertech/Vanguards, Sentinnel/Marauders, Aassassin/shadow.

I think the problem is they do so much damage and have too many damage reducing abilities, combine that with slows and gap closers and its GG against healers and ranged dps

Doomsdaycomes
04.17.2012 , 05:52 PM | #8
Utter nonsense.

The Best Players play the class that fits them the best, and they make the best teams with diversity. Annoying, min-maxers who read forums and guides and debate which ability is truely better (one does 500 damage over 4 seconds, one does 400 instantly... etc.) worry about "best classes to stack."

Edit: And I meant to add "And their hoards of wanna be elite min-maxer minions..."

Vaipyr
04.17.2012 , 06:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
Not sure if srs....
This.... Though I'm leaning strongly towards "not srs".

Kalliadies
04.17.2012 , 06:20 PM | #10
Players are the factor in whether a class is viable or useless.

I have seen all classes and specs played in a Godlike fasion. I have seen them played horridly aswell....