Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard mode ops loot

Aritok
04.17.2012 , 04:17 PM | #1
Quote:
•Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.
We wanted to test this new feature out.

Took a raid of 8 consulars, and did hard EV. And now guess what. Got only 3 pieces of consular loot, and 7 non consular items.
Good group composition check.

I know, it would have been to easy if in an consular only raid only consular loot drop. But honestly, 3 out of 10? I cant see any difference to this in the pre 1.2 way.

Nemonia
04.17.2012 , 05:11 PM | #2
Can't say we've tested it but we have had items dropping that been beneficial to the classes we brought.

HumarEredar
04.17.2012 , 05:56 PM | #3
Just did a hard mode ev last night on 8 man without any smugglers in the group no scoundrels or gunslingers and every bossed dropped 1 piece of rakata for smugglers. This is obviously not working the way they said it would. I hope this gets fixed soon...
Humár 50 Sentinel, Tînfoil 50 Vanguard, Karold 50 Sage, Mistáke 50 Scoundrel, Stonick 50 Juggernaut P5

OrionsBelt
04.17.2012 , 06:15 PM | #4
It's a 2 part message and the 2 parts are far apart in the patch notes...

Part 1 everybody knows "Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account"
^Didn't happen^
Part 2 not very many know "Random loot on some bosses in Normal Mode Flashpoints has been significantly improved"
^This is what we got^
This is what we wanted --> "Random loot on some bosses in Hard Mode Flashpoints and all Operations has been significantly improved"
Doesn't mean 100%, but better that 10% (if that).

Bioware wins again... gets us excited and shoots us down

This needs to be fixed... I ran a HM FP and every piece except the green gear was for a different class out of our composition. Heck, I'm sure most of would even be ok with 75% of gear to be matched with the group composition AND the Columi piece at the end guaranteed to match. That way it helps those gear more efficiently, but not spoon feeding them.
Server: Harbinger - Circle of Darkness
Orionsul Assassin - Tank + Syrus'il Mercenary - DPS
Syrusil Sniper - DPS + Syrusul Sorcerer - Heal

Trineda
04.18.2012 , 12:54 PM | #5
Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of group composition and loot drops, we will be closing this current thread. Thank You!