Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do PvP armoring mods bonus Transfer to any Orange crafted armor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Do PvP armoring mods bonus Transfer to any Orange crafted armor?

XElementalX
04.19.2012 , 09:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tars View Post
Are you certain the set bonus goes over?
I testet it before todays patch with boots, gloves and legs of the Bounty Hunter Battlemaster set.

The armoring mods did not transfer the set-bonus. The other pieces of equipment did not show the 2-pieces or 4-pieces bonus when they should have done so. Removing or adding the orange items with the armoring mod (and with the other mods as well) did not change that.

G. Zoellner wrote that the bonus will be transfered with the armoring mod. So feel free to test it for yourself. As long as you transfer only 1 mod, it´s less than 100k for the test. I spend a "little bit" more than that. I hope you will understand that I did not extend my testing upon the remaining set-items and the BM-gear of my twinks.
Now playing:
Revolverheld John <Das Wayne-Vermächtnis>
Sithdartha <Das Gautama-Vermächtnis>

jamescloutier
04.19.2012 , 09:42 AM | #12
the set bonuses only transfer with the new sets of armoring mods (Warhero for PvP & Campaign for PvE). All other set bonuses are tied to the skin and will not transfer. And yes you can put the new armoring into any orange piece and get the bonus.

lunartic
04.19.2012 , 02:45 PM | #13
I answered this in the other thread, scroll down to my post (#9 i think)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...51#post4054551

The set bonus for item lv58 or below wont transfer with the armoring. Only the new lv61 or above will. And if you click the dev post i linked in that other thread it says that "it doesnt matter when you get it" so even if you got the BM pieces post 1.2 the set bonus wont transfer. Hope that helps.

Leneux
04.24.2012 , 12:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
Well through an expensive test ...the answer is yes the set bounus will transfer to any orange crafted armor for those who wanted to know. As long as the Armoring mod has "(Armoring)" after the name of the mod.
Unfortunatly not true. I also went through a very expensive test.

Post patch 1.2 armoring mods (lvl 61 & higher) are the only mods that will transfer set bonuses to an orange piece of gear. Any armoring mods lvl 58 & lower will not transfer (this includes Battlemaster/Champion/Centurion/Rakata/Columi/Tionese).

I wish I had done a little bit of research first, the answer to this question is litterally everywhere.
"I bet she gives great helmet." - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Zataos
04.25.2012 , 02:57 AM | #15
I don't understand the point of making the orange craftable Battlemaster sets available if the important part (the bonuses) aren't in that skin.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)