Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfers Now Available for Asia Pacific Territories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfers Now Available for Asia Pacific Territories
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rsat
04.19.2012 , 08:35 AM | #831
i have been reading most of the last 10 post seems to me Bioware screwed the pooch why did they not have asia servers from the start seems it would have saved everyone time and brain stress and the rest of the world could have had server transfer by now i don't understand why its taking so long when its not like transfer are a new thing i have been transfering chars in world of warcraft for years can someone explain why this seems to be like parting the red seem ????

Cilionelle
04.19.2012 , 09:44 AM | #832
Quote: Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
I submitted mine a few minutes ago and didn't receive any confirmation either. The "Request Transfers" button does seem to be "greyed" out while the newly confirmed servers are chosen. If you go and choose another server in the dropdown after you've hit it, you'll see that "Request Transfers" changes colours.

I guess they are locked in, or can we change our minds before time runs out? Not that I want to.

It all seems a bit rushed, not enough testing guys. Personally I wouldn't have minded waiting for a few more days until everything was working properly, and I've pretty much done that anyway.
Actually the confirmation is at the top of the page. Once the button is greyed out, scroll to the top and it says 'Transfer request submitted' or something of that ilk,

Darthes
04.19.2012 , 10:00 AM | #833
Original Server: The Jekk'Jekk Tarr
Character Names: Stanhunt, Hunty, Anuril
Destination Server: Dalborra
Canīt access the transfer page

GhostDragz
04.19.2012 , 10:13 AM | #834
The originating server which you want to transfer a character from? =
1. Begeren Colony
2. The Swiftsure
The name of a character on that server? =
1. Cane
2. Dragonx
- transfer to Dalborra
Your specific issues with the form? =
Transfer button fades and nothing happens, tried in IE and Firefox

xXmAgGoOtXx
04.19.2012 , 10:29 AM | #835
How long should it take for characters to be transferred??
Keella - LvL 54 - Sith Assassin

ryancwn
04.19.2012 , 10:39 AM | #836
Quote: Originally Posted by Haemo View Post
For some reason my basic info says Australia but my contact details says USA, but with my Australian address - I am sure they will assume that was my mistake.

I'm in the same boat as Xaph it seems. Trusting on customer service efficiency is a lonely place to be. If I can't get my toons together on the one server it would be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.
Same here, not eligible for transfer because the country of origin is set to UK with a Hong Kong address... My bro account is in the same situation.

StephenReid
04.19.2012 , 11:02 AM | #837
Hey all, I've been catching up on this thread and wanted to point out a few things.

If you have any kind of issue with the form itself or questions about why something doesn't appear to be working, please contact Customer Service directly via this page. I'm afraid we cannot address individual queries via the Forums. Every request has to be looked at individually and often your account details will have to be referenced; that has to be done by Customer Service. You can also post in the Customer Service Forums.

Requesting a character transfer in this thread will not work. If you are currently eligible for a transfer then you will need to login to your account and use the form. If you have issues with the form, please contact Customer Service.

Quote: Originally Posted by Obbu View Post
Has there been any official word on other common countries who normally want to play on oceanic servers instead of US ones?

I am personally an Australian and thus qualify for the transfer, but many countries that normally gravitate towards the superior pings on oceanic servers have not been offered the transfer as yet.
Right now the initial transfer process is available for eligible countries only. However, we're looking at possible 'edge cases' (like you described) and we'll have more information on that after the initial transfers are completed.

Regarding the transfer process generally. It's important to realize this is not the final character transfer process. This is an early and somewhat inelegant method of allowing those players who opted to play the game before the official launch date in their country to move their characters onto servers with better local latency. Our 'final' character transfer process is currently in development.

Lastly, I know many have asked about 'placeholder' characters on the transfer servers. I'm gathering more details and double-checking everything, and will update you further with more details about that soon.

XaphanIfnernal
04.19.2012 , 01:16 PM | #838
Quote: Originally Posted by XaphanIfnernal View Post
When I signed up I didn't pay much attention to my country of origin, because I didnt think it would affect me, and it was set to United States. I am an Australian player and I cant access the character transfers, I have sent customer support an email and am awaiting a reply. I have been an active player since launch and I hope they can enable to transfer characters for me otherwise I wouldn't much feel like playing a game on a server that would be dead during my peak time and I wouldn't bother restarting so I would probably just quit, which would suck cause this game has great potential. In the name of good customer service please help me out
UPDATE:

Bioware got back to me and they will transfer my characters for me. Im pretty happy with that
"Embrace this outcast state of chaos, after all it's unalterable"

danpen
04.19.2012 , 02:32 PM | #839
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, I've been catching up on this thread and wanted to point out a few things.

If you have any kind of issue with the form itself or questions about why something doesn't appear to be working, please contact Customer Service directly via this page. I'm afraid we cannot address individual queries via the Forums. Every request has to be looked at individually and often your account details will have to be referenced; that has to be done by Customer Service. You can also post in the Customer Service Forums.

Requesting a character transfer in this thread will not work. If you are currently eligible for a transfer then you will need to login to your account and use the form. If you have issues with the form, please contact Customer Service.

Right now the initial transfer process is available for eligible countries only. However, we're looking at possible 'edge cases' (like you described) and we'll have more information on that after the initial transfers are completed.

Regarding the transfer process generally. It's important to realize this is not the final character transfer process. This is an early and somewhat inelegant method of allowing those players who opted to play the game before the official launch date in their country to move their characters onto servers with better local latency. Our 'final' character transfer process is currently in development.

Lastly, I know many have asked about 'placeholder' characters on the transfer servers. I'm gathering more details and double-checking everything, and will update you further with more details about that soon.
I think this will be a good idea.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

rakuenCallisto
04.19.2012 , 02:37 PM | #840
And now the majority of the other servers' players twiddle their thumbs on the fleet for another month..
[|||•||||]