Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Video of sage

Roccobb
04.17.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
OK, the one thing everyone keeps saying is L2P. Can someone help me please? Can someone please post a video of them in recruit gear, as a sage healer, doing any good in a PUG wz? Post 1.2 of course.

I am trying everything I can. I wasted a lot of my credits buying all the recruit gear. I am trying different rotations. I am moving around the battlefield, instead of fixating on one spot as I did before. Yet, I still can't heal worth a darn. I still get killed immediately upon entering a fight.

So please, can someone take the time and show us all your greatness and how to do it? Not in Battlemaster or War Hero gear either, since that is not what people starting out get.

thank you for your time!

Mahaedros
04.24.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2
/bump

It would be great to see a good group who have tons of skill put on the recruit gear and make a video

but ya the L2P is pretty old and teach others to play is a good response

veyl
04.24.2012 , 11:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
OK, the one thing everyone keeps saying is L2P. Can someone help me please? Can someone please post a video of them in recruit gear, as a sage healer, doing any good in a PUG wz? Post 1.2 of course.

I am trying everything I can. I wasted a lot of my credits buying all the recruit gear. I am trying different rotations. I am moving around the battlefield, instead of fixating on one spot as I did before. Yet, I still can't heal worth a darn. I still get killed immediately upon entering a fight.

So please, can someone take the time and show us all your greatness and how to do it? Not in Battlemaster or War Hero gear either, since that is not what people starting out get.

thank you for your time!
The majority of sage/sorc healers post 1.2 agree that they got the short end of the stick for pvp. Have you been to their forum lately? It's filled with hate (still).

You just have to stick it out until you're geared or make a solid friend in a tank buddy that's really geared to guard you and stay with you at all times. That's really the only survival tool you'll have in blue gear against the battlemaster geared opponents.

Srooc
04.24.2012 , 11:25 AM | #4
The recruit gear is simply an way to enter PvP without having to go with straight leveling gear, which has no expertise. Once you start adding some BM gear, you will really start noticing the difference. I finally got my last peice of BM gear gear last night and I've noticed a major change from starting with just pve gear.
You'll just have to deal with the fact that you will get blown up for a bit - it's not fun, but if you can get past it, it will be worth it.

Scoobings
04.24.2012 , 11:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post

thank you for your time!
I feel like sorcs (/sages) are the most gimped right now when it comes to healing. Feels like they really got the short straw when it comes to healing.

That said, sorcs are really squishy and they're going to be even more so if you have a gear gap to cover (I bet a WH maurader would dump on you pretty hard). The best way you can compensate is at the start of matches let people know you're a healer and with any luck some tanks will slap a guard on you and taunt. That'll help a pretty substantial amount.

Even as a dpser, I try to focus my taunts in places where I know healers are in trouble so that utility is very important. Unfortunately, I know how little a suggestion like "use teamwork" can be frustrating when you're solo queing and nobody in this game has any situational awareness or sense of team work what-so-ever.

Best of luck, hopefully you get some love in 1.3 :P

*edit*
Also, the best way you're going to be able to help your team is through utility moves that don't scale. Especially in huttball, try to get ahead of the carrier and pull him into good spots like out of fire and onto catwalks.
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

Cempa
04.24.2012 , 11:36 AM | #6
Wait until you meet a Sentinel/Marauder with +18k HP, you will die in SECONDS!

It was mid fight and my knock back, stun. whirlwind were all in CD -knock back CD is 20 sec so I went from 100 to 0 in less than 15 sec- here is what happened:

Force Charge---->Lay Down the DoTs---->few hits and I was dead.

Bubble + 18k HP sorcerer dead in SECOND before my Knock Back CD is over...

yah game is balanced alright lolz

Wait until more Juggernauts and Marauders get into War Hero gear and you might as well delete your character if you play in PuGs.
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Senefera
04.24.2012 , 11:36 AM | #7
Sad to break it to you, but your survivability won't get much better with gear.

What you need to do as a healing Sage is to play sneaky. Most people will ignore a Telekinesis Sage as they don't do much burst damage and pose less of a threat than any of the more busty classes.
When the doors open and people run into positions, they'll immediately start looking for people who cast heal. This is where you fool them, start with 3 or 4 Deliverence. Crap damage to say the least, no one will take you seriously.
Hopefully you have a sturdy healer with you, that will start healing asap; get marked and thought of by opposing team to be dishing out all heals flying around; including yours.
Be VERY restrictive with the AoE heal. The same second people see that bright yellow puddle on the ground they'll smell squishy Sage blood and will start looking for you. If you cast it, spend the immediate few seconds with casting bubbles and other instants; try to avoid the casted heals as it will attract them to you. Most DPS don't have the patience to keep looking, but will go back to TUNNEL VISION HULK SMASH in a global or two. As soon as you get noticed and marked, you will spend the remaining WZ running from spawn.

I spent entire WZs PuG healing from the shadows, sneaky mc sneak style.
That, or get a tank to guard, detaunt and peel for you. That guard is priceless, without it I don't stand the slightest of a chance, full BM and all.
Charna Lord Calypho
Pre dinner Sage.
(It's good for you)

Derian
04.24.2012 , 11:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Wait until you meet a Sentinel/Marauder with +18k HP, you will die in SECONDS!

It was mid fight and my knock back, stun. whirlwind were all in CD -knock back CD is 20 sec so I went from 100 to 0 in less than 15 sec- here is what happened:

Force Charge---->Lay Down the DoTs---->few hits and I was dead.

Bubble + 18k HP sorcerer dead in SECOND before my Knock Back CD is over...

yah game is balanced alright lolz

Wait until more Juggernauts and Marauders get into War Hero gear and you might as well delete your character if you play in PuGs.
A sentinel with 18k hp is wearing pve gear.
Synion
Shards of Alderaan/Republic Justice

Jedi Sentinel-Watchman
Jedi Conqueror

Dmasterr
04.24.2012 , 11:41 AM | #9
The biggest change in your survivability, will not come from gear, but from a tank team mate who guards you. Do not bother doing wz without a tank.

And it should be like this. Otherwise guarded healers would be immortal in organized pvp.

Scoobings
04.24.2012 , 11:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Derian View Post
A sentinel with 18k hp is wearing pve gear.
Eh, not neccesarily. BM gear = ~16 k hp with bh buff. Then you've got augments on top of that, plus augments in the sabers = ~17k hp and then if they have a stim on that you could definitely hit 18k hp.

I know my powertech isn't even in full BM and I hit 18k hp and change
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel