Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Making babies...


Crezelle's Avatar


Crezelle
04.17.2012 , 06:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Scramasax View Post
Chiss and Zabrak are so remarkably structurally similar to humans anyway that, barring incompatible sexual organs, it seems highly unlikely that they would be unable to reproduce.
vector and my chiss agent are...... very compatible :>
little black eyed chiss babies woulda been cute...but whatever ~
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

elliotcat's Avatar


elliotcat
04.17.2012 , 10:56 PM | #12
I was curious, so I looked it up, and according to Wookiepedia only Near-humans and Humans can have kids together, and the only confirmed Near-human races that you can play on SWTOR are Miraluka and Mirialan (and cyborg goes without saying I guess). But then the Clone Wars did show a Twi'lek hybrid. Also, I feel like I remember someone saying that their character was Mirialan and married a human and something was said about "key genetic differences" meaning they'd have to adopt, so I guess the jury's out on Mirialans too. I am playing a Mirialan smuggler so I will have to see if she says anything when she finally gets married. I have seen a video where Vette tells a human male Sith Warrior that she wants to adopt children with him, so I know it is addressed to some degree in game.

I guess I'd take your cues from what your companions tell you if you marry them, and if not you can just decide if it makes sense to you and/or if you can make a plausible hybrid at chargen. There is a real pale Mirialan option and I've thought about using that as my main's kid if I decide to make one.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Crezelle's Avatar


Crezelle
04.17.2012 , 11:25 PM | #13
from the wiki
"Beyond the obvious physical features, physiologically, the Chiss were similar to Humans to the point that they possessed a comparable circulatory, neurological, digestive and reproductive systems."
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
04.17.2012 , 11:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
from the wiki
"Beyond the obvious physical features, physiologically, the Chiss were similar to Humans to the point that they possessed a comparable circulatory, neurological, digestive and reproductive systems."
My new Gunslinger is going to be my Agent and Raina's kid.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Mutive's Avatar


Mutive
04.18.2012 , 05:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Only Humans and Near-Humans can interbreed with each other (so most playable species in SWTOR are compatible).

The more exotic species cannot interbreed with Humans or each other.
That's the impression I got from the lore I've read (Wookiepedia/other Star Wars guide books). So, really, the only incompatible player species should be twi'lek (as the others are all near human. Or, um, humans with cybernetics).

Of course, some of the romance partners (*cough, Aric Jordan, cough*) aren't going to be compatible with humans. (At least as far as producing little furry off spring goes.) But from what I can recall, he discusses adopting kids with you, not having them, if you follow that romance path.

Celacia's Avatar


Celacia
04.18.2012 , 11:45 AM | #16
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Vector is sterile because of the joining. While I think he would be an awesome father, I also think my agent would be a terrible mother, so not such a big deal to me. It is important to me that my BH and her Torian can get to the making of little bluish mando babies, though.

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
04.18.2012 , 11:59 AM | #17
I made my Sith Pureblood adopt my Chiss Sniper and have a human JK sister. SInce in my mind my Pureblood is married to Quinn we will have either a human or Pureblood child. I do like the fact that you can adopt kids so I can put my Chiss on there.

Crezelle's Avatar


Crezelle
04.18.2012 , 03:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Celacia View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Vector is sterile because of the joining. While I think he would be an awesome father, I also think my agent would be a terrible mother, so not such a big deal to me. It is important to me that my BH and her Torian can get to the making of little bluish mando babies, though.
oh you ask him if hes " still mostly human" in one comvo branch off, and he says " in the relevant ways, the joining does not change us" >:3

i gotta agree tho, being an agent and raising kids would be crazy... prolly why her 2 kids are rebellious BH and smuggler lol
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Celacia's Avatar


Celacia
04.18.2012 , 03:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
oh you ask him if hes " still mostly human" in one comvo branch off, and he says " in the relevant ways, the joining does not change us" >:3

i gotta agree tho, being an agent and raising kids would be crazy... prolly why her 2 kids are rebellious BH and smuggler lol
I took that to mean that all his bits still work in all the ways she would care about, which doesn't necessarily include children. (Doesn't necessarily preclude them though either, I guess.)

My BH is the only one of my ladies really interested in children though.

Crezelle's Avatar


Crezelle
04.18.2012 , 03:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Celacia View Post
I took that to mean that all his bits still work in all the ways she would care about, which doesn't necessarily include children. (Doesn't necessarily preclude them though either, I guess.)

My BH is the only one of my ladies really interested in children though.
hmm..if anything, lokin could probably help if there was some issues with that
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "