Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Repair Droid is junk

GalenDurron
04.17.2012 , 02:27 PM | #1
I just bought the Legacy Repair droid yesterday and I'm not a happy camper. According to the description of the unlock, it says "Unlocks an astromech droid on all characters' ships that buys items, repairs gear, and sells unique modifications for your protocol droid" What a load of road apples. I wasted a million credits on this thing, it sells 1 modification, the sensor, just different varieties. C2 is a useless droid that sits on my ship and runs errands. He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions. All the different sensor mods do is give him a small bonus to a particular crew skill, along the same style as all your other crew members (for example, Lord Scourge has a +10 bonus to artificing efficiency and archaeology efficiency). But Scourge, and all my other companions also tank and dps. C2 stands on the ship and tells me about the dust in my quarters. I spent 1,000,000 credits because it said "modifications" not "multiple varities of the same modification". If I could, I'd return this useless droid but now I'm out 1mil for practically nothing. Oh sure, he can repair and sell...yeah, I do that every time before I leave a planet, and unless this droid gives me discounted repairs (he doesn't) it's a worthless ability. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/
There is no emotion (except Love, that's ok); there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force.

KrittaB
04.17.2012 , 02:28 PM | #2
it seems to be as described?

Morpheous
04.17.2012 , 02:31 PM | #3
Okay, well its been pretty common knowledge that the items it would sell would be to let you customize the droid for crafting. The Droid exists for crafting, I don't know why you want so desperately to turn him into a combat companion. :P
"There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look aheadů or risk being left behind"

iceperson
04.17.2012 , 02:31 PM | #4
l2readthefineprint

Pesh
04.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #5
This driod is 100% exactly what the Devs described it to be.

If you spent some time on the internets and bothered looking up what he sold you would have found it. Their is nothing wrong with this part of the game, and you are only out of 1 mill credits due to your own ignorance.

Acherom
04.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #6
Wait just a moment.

So we now can get affection with the ship droids; and there is a modification for +5 cybertech crit?
That would make the ship droid the best possible cybertech crafter! Thanks for the information, I'll be purchasing this little guy asap.
"These people have lost a homeworld through no fault of their own. Offering them a new homeworld is the least I can do to compensate them for their loss." - Darth Sidious

Pvpingwithnoobs
04.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #7
Nvm

GalenDurron
04.17.2012 , 02:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
Okay, well its been pretty common knowledge that the items it would sell would be to let you customize the droid for crafting. The Droid exists for crafting, I don't know why you want so desperately to turn him into a combat companion. :P
Not into a combat companion, into a better crafting companion (since that is all he does). All this sensor does is make him on-par with the other companions crafting ability, but they all have multiple uses, he has just the one.

In response to the other people commenting with, I'm bothered by the fact that (as I already stated, but you clearly didn't bother to read) it said "modifications" plural. As in more than 1. Not mutiple varieties of the same piece.
There is no emotion (except Love, that's ok); there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force.

Drudenfusz
04.17.2012 , 02:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Acherom View Post
Wait just a moment.

So we now can get affection with the ship droids; and there is a modification for +5 cybertech crit?
That would make the ship droid the best possible cybertech crafter! Thanks for the information, I'll be purchasing this little guy asap.
Sadly one cannot buy any enhanced crit chance for Artifice, that was al I hoped will be there...
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

GalenDurron
04.17.2012 , 02:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
This driod is 100% exactly what the Devs described it to be.

If you spent some time on the internets and bothered looking up what he sold you would have found it. Their is nothing wrong with this part of the game, and you are only out of 1 mill credits due to your own ignorance.
So it's ignorance to go by the tooltip written by the people who made the game, that tells you what the droid sells. And it's my fault for not assuming it what was written wouldn't be accurate? I see, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me chief.