Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dan_McMan
04.18.2012 , 04:07 PM | #81
I have loved the Rakghoul Outbreak. Thanks Bioware! Ive really enjoyed this event and I look forward to more such events in the future.

As a side note, I'd be ok with this event being repeated in the future, as kind of a seasonal thing so my friends who aren't playing yet can see it someday.

grania
04.18.2012 , 04:32 PM | #82
*breathes sigh of relief* Ok I got Quinn's customization, phew. Now if I could just get Andy's? (Posting about it seems to be good luck, ignore me.)
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Wolftech
04.18.2012 , 06:39 PM | #83
There needs to be an opt out method. This crappy event is ruining my playtime and making the game unplayable.

Ke-il
04.18.2012 , 06:53 PM | #84
Will the Rakghoul vendor be available after teh 24th, or will he go away when the event ends?

I want to buy a crystal for my one character when i transfer it over,.

DuriZap
04.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #85
Just end this please....It's getting quite monotone (took a day to reach that point for me.)

Now the plague is absolutely nothing but a nuisance. Great fun...oh well, other games are around to play.

Ke-il
04.18.2012 , 08:20 PM | #86
Okay, people are getting hung up on this thing way too much. You lose NOTHING by getting infected, yet so many complain for no valid reason, whatsoever. Its going to end onthe 24th, a little patience!

EJedi
04.18.2012 , 08:49 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
Let me explain something to you...

Serious Star Wars fans care about the game maintaining the feel of Star Wars. We care about the game making sense.

Maybe the Devs don't care, I can't say, but if there is something wrong with caring about the game making sense and being serious then I don't want to be right.

We are true fans. Without us there would have been no Expanded Universe. There would have been no "Knights of the Old Republic" there would be no "The Old Republic" because it was the true fans that kept the franchise alive. We bought the books. We bought the comics. We bought things like "Lego Millennium Falcon" and paid $150 for a Force FX Lightsaber. We played the RPGs and we attended the conventions. Those of us who take the franchise seriously deserve a little respect.

I don't want to see Mohawk Grenades, I don't want to see "Lynx Sword", I don't want to see "The One Ring", or any other stupid and immersion breaking items in TOR.

This current event is an event that rewards you counter intuitively for catching a fatal disease and infecting others with it when it should instead reward you for avoiding that and stopping those who are infected.
Let me explain something to you. It's called ELITIST ATTITUDES, and they are a character flaw.

"True" Star Wars fans like Star Wars. That's all there is to it. You either like it or you don't. The only difference is the degree to which you allow Star Wars to consume your life.

Plenty of "true" Star Wars fans like to play games. We like to have fun. We enjoyed the comic relief in the original Star Wars movies. We don't require everything to always be serious. We can enjoy playing both good and evil roles in the games. We can comprehend the notion that our character's rationality may be compromised when infected by a plague.

Feel free to be as unhappy with the world as you like. The rest of us will just have fun.
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.

EJedi
04.18.2012 , 08:50 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Ke-il View Post
Will the Rakghoul vendor be available after teh 24th, or will he go away when the event ends?

I want to buy a crystal for my one character when i transfer it over,.
The crystals can be freely traded. Why would you wait?
If you pick up a novel, and see pages 2-899 only as obstacles between pages 1 and 900, then it may just be that you don't like reading.

GoodFaery
04.18.2012 , 09:21 PM | #89
Will this event show up again in the future?

I wish i was a high enough level to enjoy it but since i'm only level 17 its a bit hard to enjoy when you cant kill the level 25+ monsters yet xD

its been fun trying to sneak around though, lol

ProfessorWalsh
04.18.2012 , 09:28 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by EJedi View Post
Let me explain something to you. It's called ELITIST ATTITUDES, and they are a character flaw.
No, it isn't.

We carried this franchise on our backs. It isn't about being elitist, it is about recognizing that we are the reason there is a game like TOR and paying us a bit of respect in the process. BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind