Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ryujiin
04.23.2012 , 04:09 PM | #321
I really wish they would extend this another week as well. I was out of town due to work and now it looks like I can't get caught up because of the one new daily per day issue. I've managed to get head/hands/legs/feet, but the event ends tonight with me unable to pick up the chest/belt quest, sigh.
Intel Core I7 980 Extreme Unlocked OC @ 4.2GHz
12GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel DDR3-1866
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 580 in SLI
Coolance Exos 2.5 1000W Liquid Cooling Solution

Darth_Eminok
04.23.2012 , 04:13 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Moofanchu View Post
Reminds me of the Zombie event in Wow. Stay out of the cities, hangout in the wilderness with Track Undead up. Any dots that appear on your map, SHOOT first, ask questions later.
Must've been fun and yet upsetting. That's one of the best things for an event!!! Resident Evil: On the Run... heh heh.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

JovethGonzalez
04.23.2012 , 04:31 PM | #323 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We wanted to warn players that the effects of the plague may linger after the event is over. Vaccines will still be readily available.

Han-Duo
04.23.2012 , 04:46 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Moofanchu View Post
Reminds me of the Zombie event in Wow. Stay out of the cities, hangout in the wilderness with Track Undead up. Any dots that appear on your map, SHOOT first, ask questions later.
This has been the best part of the game as PVP is broken (bgs are old and classes arent balanced), hope they do this plague thing more often.
Squadron 238 Guild Site

Talkarr
04.23.2012 , 04:46 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
We wanted to warn players that the effects of the plague may linger after the event is over. Vaccines will still be readily available.
I'm going to keep a Character infected, just to log on a few years from now on that alt and infect the whole fleet :P
Collectors Edition holder!

ArmoredJuneBug
04.23.2012 , 04:47 PM | #326
Just a little heads up now that the event frenzy is dying down, I've personally found this to be some of the most awesome time I've had in TOR!

The attention to detail is great, both with the news coverage (and the hilarious disparity between the Republic and Imperial messages, despite conveying the same information) the quest lines, the rewards and the whole NPC-guards-agroing-on-plague-carriers thing.

Hopefully we'll see more events similar to this, both one-off and recurring events.

Makes me glad I'm playing the game right now!

Tordos
04.23.2012 , 04:57 PM | #327
edit: there's no point being angry over a game.

Roccobb
04.23.2012 , 04:58 PM | #328
So even if I have avoided blowing up for days, thus keeping people from infecting me and getting anything from me, I will still have to waste my credits to get rid of this darn thing? Horrible job devs!!!! Change the price to 0 please.
Let's bring on a real PVP tournament! Check it out, comment, add your support or non support. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=868431

Saltybill
04.23.2012 , 05:00 PM | #329
why do I have the feeling that this was directed at me?

mwahhahahahahahaha!!!!
Visit my sites for FREE webcomics!
Coffin Comics - Gaming & Geeking comics including wowcraft and yes, Star Wars! Also has game reviews and "Tooned News" articles. Updates Mon, Wed, Fri!!

Vid-szhite
04.23.2012 , 05:05 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
So even if I have avoided blowing up for days, thus keeping people from infecting me and getting anything from me, I will still have to waste my credits to get rid of this darn thing? Horrible job devs!!!! Change the price to 0 please.
Actually, all you'd have to do was make the Rakghoul vaccine last through death like the womprat fever vaccine does.