Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ricktur
04.17.2012 , 03:19 PM | #21
all i want is the 60 dna rakling. got 34 dna samples in one day. im happy. great event, revitalized the server more than 1.2 did.

also, there were a lot of 50's saying this was a 50 only event. this was not true. mobs spawn scaled to your level so anyone could participate. selfish elitist 50's. . . wish bioware addressed it sooner so we could see past the BS
Sgt. Boos Macarrage - Republic Trooper/Vanguard - PVE Tank Spec
Prophecy of the Five - US East PVP
Republic Commandos: First Ones In, Last Ones Out. Never Quit. Never Fail.

Roccobb
04.17.2012 , 03:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jestunhi View Post
1. Mail alt 2000 credits
2. Buy vaccine on alt
3. Be immune for 6 hours of ingame time
Or until you die, which does happen a lot. So, each time you die, buy another one! Yet another credit sink...

Alivad
04.17.2012 , 03:35 PM | #23
event was out of nowhere but awesome! took down the world bosses got my crystal and im happy lol
the time frame for this all is nice too, not crazy long but enough for everyone to get what they want hopefully
i just dont get the ppl who are crying about getting infected, seriously its not a big deal to vaccinate yourself, and it is definitely not a problem spending the credits on it (its very easy to make money in this game)
either way nice job on the event guys! cant wait for whats next!
IT'S A TARP!

Scotsh
04.17.2012 , 03:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
Or until you die, which does happen a lot. So, each time you die, buy another one! Yet another credit sink...
You die on the fleet alot?

Roccobb
04.17.2012 , 03:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotsh View Post
You die on the fleet alot?
If this plague only affected Tatooine or fleet, then your post would make sense. However, I have been infected on TYTHON.

Scotsh
04.17.2012 , 04:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Roccobb View Post
If this plague only affected Tatooine or fleet, then your post would make sense. However, I have been infected on TYTHON.
So? You die on TYTHON a lot? lol

1. You can spot if someone is about to explode and got enough time to avoid it (he is stunned in that time)

2. Infected? Big deal, ignore it and as soon as you reach stage 2 of the disease, do a suicide at a choosen time (no repair cost). With the 5 DNA samples you get upon death you can get enough money to buy 5-50 vaccinces (depends on your server), which should suffice.

This is really a non issue, some of the most unfounded whining i ever witnessed...

Phydra
04.17.2012 , 04:09 PM | #27
I am loving this event, personally; I just wish it didn't take so long to die of the plague. Well, that and it seems there are a number of folk who are using the event to prey on anyone not hyper-attentive to the presence of flagged opposing faction folk (I've had the misfortune of being ganked for mistargeting, which is entirely my own fault... but I also have had the very unpleasant experience of having a flagged Empire group of the guild "Dark Skyes" deliberately run into one of my AoE attacks to flag me, then proceed to gang-bang me and then, corpse camp me to force me to leave the area/return to medical center).

That bit of ugliness aside, it has been quite a lot of fun.

I just hope I can get enough time to finish out the containment outfit before the event ends.... my play time is constrained by work. (Damn all this real life, interfering with my fun!)
Need a solid, casual guild? Consider Forceful on Mind Trick - fun, nice, and social, of course!

Too casual? Ok; find the right guild for you here: Guild Quiz!

HeavensAgent
04.17.2012 , 04:33 PM | #28
Will the event ever return to the game? I rerolled my main to a Legacy species/class combination on Friday, and as a result I can't participate; because the plague launched so soon after the update, I literally can't take part in the content.

Kindara
04.17.2012 , 04:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jauhar View Post
Great another week of avoiding Fleet.
Cannot log in an alt without getting grieved.
If you see someone infected move away from them ... its not that hard, it doesnt' affect your stats, it doesn't affect your gear when you die...i mean honesty its not that hard to either pay the 2k Credits or get away from them before they explode.

Drazius
04.17.2012 , 04:38 PM | #30
i have the same problem. I wasn't able to start until today and I am unable to get the passenger list and the hybrid strain quests.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most....