Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DyasAlue
04.19.2012 , 08:38 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
No, it isn't.

We carried this franchise on our backs. It isn't about being elitist, it is about recognizing that we are the reason there is a game like TOR and paying us a bit of respect in the process. BioWare said they created this game for people like us, the hardcore fans, and not for the "WoW Crowd" and events like this only cater to the "WoW Crowd" in the end.

This event needs to go and future events need to be thought out far more carefully.
And the same crowd that "carried" LOTRO killed it. Don't kill my game by being elitist.
Server: Kass City | Name: Bounty | Level: 50 |
Class: | Alignment: IV
Gear

Allistair
04.19.2012 , 08:44 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Bulwyf View Post
Bioware,

Please implement a hot fix that does not reward players for griefing others thanks to a quest. Paying customers should have a choice to participate in an event and not have to literally watch their characters die due to encouraged griefer mentality.
There's a caccine you can take that will keep you from getting infected.
Please Use it rather than attemp to ruin the fun of many
I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. ~ Walter Slovotsky
The Order of the Dark Temple - Shadowlands Server

ferroz
04.19.2012 , 08:59 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhizoprionodon View Post
Okay, I played pvp with the sickness and I really don't know what you are complaining about.

1, if you do happen to explode in pvp you get 5 Rakghoul vaccines from it. 5! That's 10k in goods right there.
Meh, not interested.

Quote:
2. the 'debuff' isn't really a debuff, it does nothing to your stats.
Actually, it comes with a period stun and /or death after a set amount of time
Quote:
3. In the pve pvp WZs, getting sick really doesn't cause an issue. I mean, things happen so fast that even if it 'gets you killed' you bounce right back
I don't want to be offensive, but you're bscially saying that if you're bad at pvp and die all the time, it doesn't have a negative effect.

There are multiple reports of people losing pvp matches as a result of the plage. Ball carrier exploding right befor the line. Exploding and/or getting stunned during a point capture at 7 seconds. Getting knocked out of stealth due to the stun. Etc

Quote:
4. You don't infect people in pvp.
is that something that was hotfixed recently?
Quote:
5. Honestly, I never noticed getting ill in pvp, does it even work in the pvp worlds?
Yes it does, both the stun and the explosion.
Quote:
5. Do you realize this event carries with it an amazing black-green pvp crystal?
Do you realize that I have a crystal that I like equipped and 0 interested in a meh green-black one?

Bulwyf
04.19.2012 , 09:34 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Allistair View Post
There's a caccine you can take that will keep you from getting infected.
Please Use it rather than attemp to ruin the fun of many
Why should I have waste credits in a game that is rampant with credit sinks to avoid something that is supposed to be "fun"? I shouldn't have any interruption to my normal routine.
Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Cilionelle
04.19.2012 , 09:48 AM | #125
Just like to say that I'm loving the event. Sorry that some people are having a tough time with it, but I think it's a blast! I've encountered more cross-faction interaction today than ever before, been banked several times, had Sith help me kill rakghouls and complete quests, and helped out them too. It's been awesome. Well done, guys.

zorroazul
04.19.2012 , 10:39 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilionelle View Post
Just like to say that I'm loving the event. Sorry that some people are having a tough time with it, but I think it's a blast! I've encountered more cross-faction interaction today than ever before, been banked several times, had Sith help me kill rakghouls and complete quests, and helped out them too. It's been awesome. Well done, guys.
That's one of the best things about this event. Sure, the infection may be a tad annoying, but the cross-faction interaction has been truly awesome!!! I hope we can get more events like this one.

dafoxx
04.19.2012 , 10:39 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilionelle View Post
THIS!

On my lvl 50 Sorc, I'm always helping out lower lvl toons of both factions as have several others helped me on my lvl 34 smuggler. What's great about it is you don't have to get involved with this event if you don't want to. It's a game people. Enjoy yourselves.

TheSeventhJedi
04.19.2012 , 10:42 AM | #128
Yeah, I'm having tons of fun. Logged in today (even though it's my wife's birthday,) enjoyed Tatooine for the first time since I left it intially, did some new quests, killed a world boss - and all the while looked forward to the next event they've got in store for us. Bravo devs!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Squiress
04.19.2012 , 10:52 AM | #129
The color crystal you get with the dna, will the price of those rise after the event is over?

Sambril
04.19.2012 , 10:56 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by dafoxx View Post
THIS!

On my lvl 50 Sorc, I'm always helping out lower lvl toons of both factions as have several others helped me on my lvl 34 smuggler. What's great about it is you don't have to get involved with this event if you don't want to. It's a game people. Enjoy yourselves.
FYI, such 'help' is not always wanted or appreciated. When I was doing these quests on my 29 smuggler and fighting the triggered elite spawns, twice a level 50 (different ones) rode up and blew away my target, immediately removing any challenge and fun for me. I don't know if they thought they were genuinely being helpful, or were simply impatient to get their own spawn but it ticks me off.

This game should take a leaf from EQ2's book and implement an optional combat lock feature, so that when a player initiates combat (and currently turns the mob white to other players) that it would lock the combat and prevent any action by another player to the mobs or players involved in the combat. Whether I am solo, duoed, full group or operation that is the way I have chosen to play at that time and I do not want outside interference. (As I do not PvP I don't know if such a mechanic would be appropriate for PvP servers).