Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attention Citizens: The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorgonKara's Avatar


MorgonKara
04.19.2012 , 04:05 AM | #111
I'm excited the developers are making events and I really hope they make more of them. The news reports on the fleet are a nice touch and the containment guys in the hangers. I'm not too crazy about this one though, the production is excellent but it seems kind of random and bizarre. The other day I logged in and got some kind of sickness de-buff and no one could tell me what it was all about. I mean if you don't follow the forums regularly it's kinda like -huh? Why is my toon stopping to puke every couple of minutes. I mean, I made it all the way through Taris without getting sick .
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Dustychild's Avatar


Dustychild
04.19.2012 , 04:33 AM | #112
Please next event you guys make leave me out of. There are a number of players like my self that have no desired to deal with events in the pve world. As just about a strickly pvp player I found my self a victim by the event and had no desire what so ever to join it.

Please in the future make these event so players like my self can opt out and not have to be rudely interupted with it.

As an almost strickly pvp player this was a real pain and exspensive one as well. You did not even make death a way out of this unless you were about to blow up anyway.

Only pve content I do is class mission and some to help level new charaacters. Other words, as little as possible.

By exspensive. I play from 20 to 30 rounds of pvp a day. Times that by 2k credit to cure myself at the end of each match if I was sick. Just yesterday that was 50k credits for the 33 rounds of pvp I played.

Helgarm's Avatar


Helgarm
04.19.2012 , 05:27 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Chirru View Post
The most childish event I have ever come across (been playing games for 30 years). You get infected
and die. To spread the misery you infect as many others as possible, so they die also.
The result? SWTOR, the game played with dead players Characters. What a freakish scenario!

The event fails any and every test of logic..and that even in the fantasy game world.
Oh..sorry...forgot. the PvP crowd play with dead Characters anyhow. Well, I would call the game
a death orgy. We all play with dead characters and those who somehow....through skill or pure luck.. avoid being dead
are killed off by the Developers. After all, it can not be that anyone is not dead.

SWTOR, the game of the Dead. It is time to rename the game. I suggest, 999 way of how to die.
Looks like you need to change your sig.

ElementalCrisis's Avatar


ElementalCrisis
04.19.2012 , 05:42 AM | #114
Loving the event, my only gripe is all the extra infected character customizations I now have. I would love to be able to give them to my fellow guild mates as I really don't need four Corso Riggs infected character customizations. Even the ability for the vendor to buy them back at a reduced price, say 10 DNA Samples would be better than nothing.

With that small issue aside, keep up the fantastic work BioWare! I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls do next.
Server: Mandalore The Indomitable
Faction: Republic // Guild: The Guild

Havokk's Avatar


Havokk
04.19.2012 , 06:01 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
[color=#f9d648]completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.
Given all the maintenance this week, can we please have this extended?
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦

Vlacke's Avatar


Vlacke
04.19.2012 , 07:14 AM | #116
I would also like to see this event extended for a day or two at least.

ferroz's Avatar


ferroz
04.19.2012 , 07:17 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
Given all the maintenance this week, can we please have this extended?
personally, I'm hoping not.

Bulwyf's Avatar


Bulwyf
04.19.2012 , 07:37 AM | #118
Bioware,

Please implement a hot fix that does not reward players for griefing others thanks to a quest. Paying customers should have a choice to participate in an event and not have to literally watch their characters die due to encouraged griefer mentality.
Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Rhizoprionodon's Avatar


Rhizoprionodon
04.19.2012 , 07:59 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Dustychild View Post
As an almost strickly pvp player this was a real pain and exspensive one as well. You did not even make death a way out of this unless you were about to blow up anyway.

Only pve content I do is class mission and some to help level new charaacters. Other words, as little as possible.

By exspensive. I play from 20 to 30 rounds of pvp a day. Times that by 2k credit to cure myself at the end of each match if I was sick. Just yesterday that was 50k credits for the 33 rounds of pvp I played.
Okay, I played pvp with the sickness and I really don't know what you are complaining about.

1, if you do happen to explode in pvp you get 5 Rakghoul vaccines from it. 5! That's 10k in goods right there.
2. the 'debuff' isn't really a debuff, it does nothing to your stats.
3. In the pve pvp WZs, getting sick really doesn't cause an issue. I mean, things happen so fast that even if it 'gets you killed' you bounce right back
4. You don't infect people in pvp.
5. Honestly, I never noticed getting ill in pvp, does it even work in the pvp worlds?
5. Do you realize this event carries with it an amazing black-green pvp crystal?

Spittle's Avatar


Spittle
04.19.2012 , 08:28 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhizoprionodon View Post
Okay, I played pvp with the sickness and I really don't know what you are complaining about.

1, if you do happen to explode in pvp you get 5 Rakghoul vaccines from it. 5! That's 10k in goods right there.
2. the 'debuff' isn't really a debuff, it does nothing to your stats.
3. In the pve pvp WZs, getting sick really doesn't cause an issue. I mean, things happen so fast that even if it 'gets you killed' you bounce right back
4. You don't infect people in pvp.
5. Honestly, I never noticed getting ill in pvp, does it even work in the pvp worlds?
5. Do you realize this event carries with it an amazing black-green pvp crystal?
People just enjoy complaining. Keep making events, BioWare.