Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Design Is Terrible

TPBHatchet
04.17.2012 , 01:39 PM | #1
Bioware took a design that was absolutely fine, and made it clunkier.

Why would you think that making us jump through more pages and scrolling more would some how be a good idea?

My biggest gripe is with the Thread Subscriptions.. The only way that I've found now to see my subscriptions and go to the threads easily is to go through the second log in process, which since I have a security key, I have to pop my Iphone out and start up the SKey app, just to check my subscriptions. So much for a quality of life feature.

Bad design is bad. WTB option to go back to old design.
Earthmonkey - Hedarr Soongh - Guardian
Bloob - The Fatman - Powertech

How To: Making Bro-Tastic PvP Videos

sandyrocks
04.17.2012 , 01:48 PM | #2
I like it.

Sammm
04.17.2012 , 01:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TPBHatchet View Post
Bioware took a design that was absolutely fine, and made it clunkier.

Why would you think that making us jump through more pages and scrolling more would some how be a good idea?

My biggest gripe is with the Thread Subscriptions.. The only way that I've found now to see my subscriptions and go to the threads easily is to go through the second log in process, which since I have a security key, I have to pop my Iphone out and start up the SKey app, just to check my subscriptions. So much for a quality of life feature.

Bad design is bad. WTB option to go back to old design.
Quiet day I guess...

Lobot-omy
04.17.2012 , 01:50 PM | #4
More clicks & scrolls to find forums. Unnecessary.

Nice and bright though.

Centerpin
04.17.2012 , 01:52 PM | #5
I actually like it better Very clean simple.
Anything that has to do with your account and making it more secure is awesome! You should be saying thank you instead of complaining. I would rather spend the 3 sec to type in my code over calling customer service because my account got hacked?
Centerpin GM of Reign
╼⇥≪ Reign ≫⇤╾
8 man Progression Guild (West)

BebopX
04.17.2012 , 01:55 PM | #6
A step in the right direction by making it simpler, but bad design is still bad design. BW/EA needs to fire their Art Department asap.

dtim
04.17.2012 , 01:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Centerpin View Post
I actually like it better Very clean simple.
Anything that has to do with your account and making it more secure is awesome! You should be saying thank you instead of complaining. I would rather spend the 3 sec to type in my code over calling customer service because my account got hacked?
Weird. I had to type in my code anytime I wanted to access my account before. I can't tell anything has changed in that way.

Regarding the new design. It looks more uniform, I guess, but also looks worse (completely subjective). What I was really disappointed to find is that the top level forums are still the unorganized mess that they were before.

kevlarto
04.17.2012 , 01:56 PM | #8
/facepalm yes Bioware roll it back take it away, I as one person out of 1.7 million do not like it..
I have to chuckle, is there no end to what people will complain about these days.../sigh
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Ravaran
04.17.2012 , 01:56 PM | #9
Agreed... this sucks. Reminds me of the new gmail appearance that I refuse to turn on.

chrisftw
04.17.2012 , 01:59 PM | #10
lol..

i swear bioware can't do ANYTHING without somebody raising a fuss about it.

"bioware has just indicated they will be giving everybody who plays SWTOR $1,000 in the currency of your play area"

"WTH bioware! now i have to go to my tax person so they can figure how this will impact my refunds for next year. THANKS bioware for nothing!"
Tell me more Brotholomew.