Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cave
11.14.2012 , 12:51 AM | #981
Will speech bubbles be in on Thursday's free to play patch? Many of my friends would like to know, as they'll only give free to play a chance if speech bubbles are available for spatial chat.
I've cancelled my subscription due to the lack of Chat Bubbles.
I will never give EA or Bioware another cent or play any of their games or use any of their software again until speech bubbles that fully display /say, /yell and /emote chat are implemented in Star Wars: The Old Republic and the needs of socializers and roleplayers are finally taken seriously.

Grihm
11.14.2012 , 05:04 AM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by Cave View Post
Will speech bubbles be in on Thursday's free to play patch? Many of my friends would like to know, as they'll only give free to play a chance if speech bubbles are available for spatial chat.
No information on that as far as i know.
Speech bubbles have been missing since day 1 launch. Reasons go from not done, fps drops, not going to happen to itīs on itīs way. Latest official statement i heard ( as i remember it ) was that it was going to be optinal at least so if people did not like it, they could turn it off.

Still, itīs long long overdue.

Danapa
11.14.2012 , 08:47 AM | #983
We need bubbles period

Stubacca
11.14.2012 , 06:55 PM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by Danapa View Post
We need bubbles period
Yes we do! Please give us chat bubbles in the next patch, Bioware!
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

ZirusZero
11.14.2012 , 07:58 PM | #985
This could perfect if holographic.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

-Silver-
11.16.2012 , 10:33 AM | #986
So I got a holo of Satele Shan in a Cartel Coin pack today! She teaches me skills! I wanted to know if she could teach other players skills too, or if it was limited to me, so I set her up outside the temple on Tython. Numerous people approached her, stood there for a while, and then moved on. I asked these people repeatedly if they were able to learn skills from her and...

None of them had a clue I was talking to them. Nothing popped up over my head on the screen they were looking at. It would have appeared right in the corner of their screen, in exactly the same colour as the text from the General chat channel that was full of conversations. I was talking to them, right in front of them, and the chat went completely unnoticed and was quickly filtered out by the General channel.

We really, really need chat bubbles. How can this ESSENTIAL social feature STILL not be in the game almost a year after launch, when there's a thread almost 100 pages long begging for it!?

AnHero
11.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #987
you can learn skills from other peoples statues.

also /support OP

Glzmo
11.16.2012 , 02:27 PM | #988
Quote: Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
So I got a holo of Satele Shan in a Cartel Coin pack today! She teaches me skills! I wanted to know if she could teach other players skills too, or if it was limited to me, so I set her up outside the temple on Tython. Numerous people approached her, stood there for a while, and then moved on. I asked these people repeatedly if they were able to learn skills from her and...

None of them had a clue I was talking to them. Nothing popped up over my head on the screen they were looking at. It would have appeared right in the corner of their screen, in exactly the same colour as the text from the General chat channel that was full of conversations. I was talking to them, right in front of them, and the chat went completely unnoticed and was quickly filtered out by the General channel.

We really, really need chat bubbles. How can this ESSENTIAL social feature STILL not be in the game almost a year after launch, when there's a thread almost 100 pages long begging for it!?
This perfectly illustrates a typical scenario in this game. Without chat bubbles, people don't even realize that they are being talked to. This inevitably hurts the game, and it hurts it badly, as people, especially those that just started with free to play, people that are used to chat bubbles in other MMOGs, and people that are completely new to MMORPGs will feel as if they are alone which will lead them to stop playing before even spending a cent in the cartel market or on a subscription. Without being to properly communicate, community building as well as keeping them together is incredibly hard. Without community, an MMOG is nothing and will inevitably fail.
When will Bioware understand that communication is one of the key points in MMORPGs and without chat bubbles, an essential tool for successful, stressless communication is missing? Chat Bubbles should be top priority since launch.

Quote: Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
It's incredibly disheartening that in the approximate year this thread has been about, with all those posts, replies and pages, there has not yet been a single post by an official Bioware, EA, LucasArts or Disney representive in this still popular, constructive thread addressing the request for this incredibly crucial feature.

Akomo
11.16.2012 , 06:32 PM | #989
To tell you the truth i havent missed them...at all.Just my opinion.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Stubacca
11.17.2012 , 04:04 PM | #990
To tell you the truth I miss them...more than anything else. Just my opinion.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.