Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alduinsm
09.13.2012 , 01:34 AM | #901
Would love to see a dev responding to this
Shin

CommanderKeeva
09.13.2012 , 01:47 AM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by Alduinsm View Post
Would love to see a dev responding to this
What can they say? "Sorry that we've been lying to you but we want to retain your subscription with vague comments like "SOONtm"?".

I think they genuinely want to implement chat bubbles at some point down the line in the distant future. They just dont have the money/tech/resources etc. to do it now but they are unwilling to admit it.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

MajikMyst
09.13.2012 , 03:06 AM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
What can they say? "Sorry that we've been lying to you but we want to retain your subscription with vague comments like "SOONtm"?".

I think they genuinely want to implement chat bubbles at some point down the line in the distant future. They just dont have the money/tech/resources etc. to do it now but they are unwilling to admit it.
Could it also be that just such small percentage of people are interested in chat bubbles that they simply have other things that are a much higher priorirty?? I am sure it has nothing to do with money, tech, resources.. After all chat bubbles were in the beta.. They just didn't work to well and ate up resources.. I am sure at some point they will be turned back on.. When they have fixed the resource issue and when they have nothing more important to do.. Like give us content to keep us ALL playing.. Not to mention fix bugs and issues..

I am also quite certian that calling Bioware a liar is no way to get something you want.. In fact it isn't even a good way to have anyone take you seriously.. Just saying..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

CorruptedPath
09.13.2012 , 03:33 AM | #904
Wow, that just about nails on how horrible Bioware is doing so far on what players need to improve gameplay and fun, instead of them adding more and more easy bullshiz to try to keep the game alive.

It's been going on since the launch?!!! KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!!!!

BIOWARE, ADD THIS SHIZZLE TO THE GAME!!!! WE'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

Alduinsm
09.13.2012 , 06:37 AM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post

Personally i wouldn't hold my hope high for anything they had promised before July/August. There have been so many internal changes of the studio in the past few months that maybe their priority list got changed to something else to fit the hybrid Free-to-Play model, for ex Dual Spec had been promised to be in 1.2 or 1.3 ,but it isn't even in 1.4.

What i would love to see now is their response to this matter at this point.
Shin

skytroope
09.13.2012 , 10:58 AM | #906
So your car has reached 6000 miles and you haven't changed your oil.. Its something you've known about and WANTED to do. But instead your going to add flashy new headlights and a hood scoop. Your gonna run it into the ground

Its not a breakthrough in scripting to add a chat bubble.. and whats wrong with being angry or pissed? EACH and every one of us are stockholders in this game, We pay to play with cash and our time. I guarantee if you gave 5% of the budget grossly spent on this game to a bunch of college kids in the computer department on a major college campus they would happily have shined out a gem of a game with better quality control and have been happy to meet everyone's needs. Was adding a Cathar that dire? is that going to really keep and bring new players that feel alienated?

The jury is out and the hangman is waiting

kirorx
09.13.2012 , 11:31 AM | #907
91 pages of requests seem like alot, but then again this thread has been open since December, if this was bigger issue their would be more than 91 pages in almost 9 months. (there are alot of the same people posting over and over again in this thread as well; I am guilty of that myself )

When you think about it alot of the commnity does not seem too interested in chat bubbles and it does not seem that bioware is either (hence ZERO Answers at this point)

I would like to see chat bubbles, but the mmos players just dont seem all that interested in the social interaction provided in that manner, they seem fine with general chat the way it is.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Glzmo
09.13.2012 , 02:15 PM | #908
Yes, people may say roleplayers and socializers are a minority. But then again, one of the reasons is because the game doesn't support them. In games that cather to roleplayers better, the percentage of roleplayers is in the ballpark of the PVPers. The longer you don't have good RP features, the more roleplayers you will loose - and yes, a great many have been lost already.
If Bioware had launched the game without PVP except duels and still not delivered, I wager there would be even less PVPers that would still be playing TOR right now than there currently are roleplayers.
Also, if PVP didn't award gear, a great many people that boost the PVP statistics int his game wouldn't be PVPing either.
Same with other types of players, like high-end raiders, etc..
My point is that if you don't give a player group content, then one shouldn't wonder if the player group remains small or becomes smaller and smaller. But perhaps that's Bioware's plan. Weed out the roleplayers and socializers so they no longer need to add any RP features.

"If you build it, they will come."

One thing to consider is also, that roleplayers are usually more hesistant to post on the forums.

Many roleplayers complain greatly (but usually in a civilized manner) in the game OOC about there not being chat bubbles and other RP features, especially during larger RP events, but if one tells them to head to the forums and post in this and other threads, most just say things like "no, I don't want to post on forums, I will only be trolled and flamed by the anti-RP crowd anyway", "forums are only for whiners, I won't stoop to that level" and similar things.

So there are many players out there that really want chat bubbles, but don't post on the forums.

skytroope
09.13.2012 , 06:26 PM | #909
Like i said I'm throwing in my Input and i don't event represent the RP demographic.. just an example the other day i was trying to reach a Holocron and there was a guy running around me. I couldn't get his attention due to the flood of traffic on the general chat, yes i even PMed him.

I never had a problem letting someone know i was directly talking to them when i had dialogue appear through my toon .. He let me know he didn't even see his whispers because not everyone scans the left corner when they are out doing their thing. And whats more satisfying than talking smack to an enemy player when your PVPing?? its not as if Rep can talk to Imperials in any other form or fashion?? and this would ENABLE IT

Alduinsm
09.13.2012 , 10:22 PM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by skytroope View Post
Like i said I'm throwing in my Input and i don't event represent the RP demographic.. just an example the other day i was trying to reach a Holocron and there was a guy running around me. I couldn't get his attention due to the flood of traffic on the general chat, yes i even PMed him.

I never had a problem letting someone know i was directly talking to them when i had dialogue appear through my toon .. He let me know he didn't even see his whispers because not everyone scans the left corner when they are out doing their thing. And whats more satisfying than talking smack to an enemy player when your PVPing?? its not as if Rep can talk to Imperials in any other form or fashion?? and this would ENABLE IT
Imp and Rep can see the /say channel when they're close to each other, which did make it easier to arrange trade kill in Ilum back in the day
Shin