Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Strife
04.18.2012 , 08:22 PM | #601
Chat bubbles please!! The lack of them makes things very frustrating for me as a roleplayer.

Stubacca
04.19.2012 , 02:33 AM | #602
Where are our chat bubbles?
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

SawneyRath
04.19.2012 , 04:12 AM | #603
I'm still holding out hope that Chat Bubbles will be in the next patch. And if not, then the one after... And so on until they actually are here.

I just hope we don't have to wait a year... two years... 3 years in order to get them....
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Glzmo
04.21.2012 , 05:33 AM | #604
Now that GUI customization is out of the door, make sure to ask about chat bubbles in the Official Q&A threads again. Damion Schubert said in his previous Q&A response that they will have an ETA for chat bubbles after GUI customization is live - the time is now. So make sure to ask as many questions about chat bubbles and the ETA for them as possible to raise awareness of the developers!

Here is the next thread to post questions in:
Official Q&A Thread for April 27th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Briangiles
04.21.2012 , 07:51 PM | #605
Singed - please add it - when people do /s to me i hardly ever notice it until its too late.

WeadonismyMaster
04.25.2012 , 01:59 PM | #606
It has been a killer for most RP - If its not your thing, fine, but chat bubbles help that interaction so much. How many things are they going to push to 1.3?

I love the game, but I changed to a month - month sub. They need to show some action on some of the big fails for me to stay.

Rift had bubbles, 6 man groups, big WZ, big open world pvp etc on launch. Plus a UI you could move. The game was not as good, so dont get me wrong, but it had it atleast. I would say those are base features TOR/BW/EA have not delivered on.

Glzmo
04.26.2012 , 01:16 AM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by WeadonismyMaster View Post
It has been a killer for most RP - If its not your thing, fine, but chat bubbles help that interaction so much. How many things are they going to push to 1.3?
You are right. The lack of chat bubbles has alienated a lot of roleplayers and socializers from the game already. Many have left - although many of them said they will give it another shot once chat bubbles are here. Having the developers talk only about PVP most of the time and not talking about RP features much if at all doesn't help either.

I really hope all the other things being delayed won't delay chat bubbles any further and we will see them in 1.3 at latest. They are so sorely needed.

SawneyRath
04.27.2012 , 03:59 AM | #608
Bump for Chat Bubbles. Lets not forget about them!
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Moroder
04.27.2012 , 07:02 AM | #609
I hate the way this has not been mentioned yet. PvP be damned let me RP. I really dont care about levels or gear, I want to use my imagination with like minded players. I really need chat bubbles for this
Couldn't figure out how to make ASCII lightsabre, if I knew how it would be here...

Drebs
04.27.2012 , 08:10 AM | #610
I left the game back in February with the stipulation that I'd be back once there were chat bubbles. Well, I came back regardless, but still have no hope of getting my RP on without this feature. You simply cannot have a decent face-to-face conversation without them.