Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moroder
02.15.2012 , 07:53 AM | #521
trying to keep this on front page
Couldn't figure out how to make ASCII lightsabre, if I knew how it would be here...

Frigidman
02.15.2012 , 09:59 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Moroder View Post
trying to keep this on front page
Yeah, it tends to get drowned out with the "Fix Ilum" threads. Like... what is broken with it? I went there, it's working. I was killing things, having some fun, got bored since pvp is a mini-game. Went back to the cantina and couldn't socialize with anyone easily due to lack of chat bubbles.

Decided to say screw end game, and rolled another alt to fiddle around with in this solo-esque game.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Buddahchase
02.15.2012 , 09:16 PM | #523
I'm sure Bioware must have seen this by now. They can't ignore the plight of the RP community forever.

Come on! Give us a concrete answer as to whether they are coming or not. and if they are, when? What patch?

Moroder
02.16.2012 , 04:02 AM | #524
Le bump. BW "Why you no listen?!"
Couldn't figure out how to make ASCII lightsabre, if I knew how it would be here...

Mephismo
02.16.2012 , 04:10 AM | #525
Just imagine we had them and everybody used them, what kind of hell would that be
Well thatís not likely is it ,because probably over 90% would have the option turned off.
There are a lot more important things need fixing or adding before this.

Moroder
02.16.2012 , 04:19 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
Just imagine we had them and everybody used them, what kind of hell would that be
Well thatís not likely is it ,because probably over 90% would have the option turned off.
There are a lot more important things need fixing or adding before this.
524 replies and 53 pages disagree with you. Like you said the option to turn them off could be implemented. This is clearly a sticking point for a lot of subscribers, and a really big issue for me.

Buddahchase
02.16.2012 , 04:31 AM | #527
Why would everyone have them turned off? Unless you're an RPer, i doubt you'd see them that much. /say isn't the most used channel. But when you did happen to use it, i think people would be grateful they were there.

Frigidman
02.16.2012 , 09:30 AM | #528
I love when clueless hate-trolls come out of the woodwork (yes, you people make up 0.01% of the population), and say something entirely wrong and stir up the pot getting more supporters to say otherwise and prove that 'yes, the general population wants this'. Thanks for helping bump the issue towards full support!

Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

SawneyRath
02.16.2012 , 03:48 PM | #529
Bump.

I'm still waiting for the patch notes that say: "Chat Bubbles are introduced"

Hopefully the wait will not be to much longer.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

darkligihdelica
02.16.2012 , 10:14 PM | #530
I'm playing less and less mainly due to the lack of chat bubbles. It's anti-social, I might as well be playing a single player game