Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glzmo's Avatar


Glzmo
02.11.2012 , 03:02 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Frigidman View Post
The Q&A they posted, did 'touch' on a couple concerns I had, but not in any useful way other than "yeah, its coming in the future sometime". Which is all they need to answer for chat bubbles!
It's very disheartening that they don't even say that.

Quote:
My only hope is, with all this huge UI changes they have coming in 1.2... chat bubbles is in that (since its an important UI element).
Yes. But does Bioware even know that chat bubbles are in fact a (G)UI Element? Of course, we don't know, as they are ignoring the issue completely and not responding to anything chat bubble related for whatever mysterious reason. The optimist in me wants to think the reason is because they want to announce chat bubbles big time as a surprise for us really, really soon, but the realist has a really bad feeling about the silence...of the lambs.

Quote:
However I know I will be let down. I have zero faith in their UI team, if all their prior games are any indication of their skill.
I mirror this sentiment. The GUI Design is violating almost every GUI design principle there is, the team has huge trouble even adding new preferences options for things that already work in the .ini file or to copy object properties from objects on which they already work to other ones and so on. It's really not good.
If you consider that they have allegedly rejected job applications for the TOR GUI team by talented GUI designers/programmers for the (G)UI team in the past due to "not enough prior experience in the gaming industry" (although they have played tons of MMOs before and know what's needed in a MMO GUI) that would have likely done a much, much better job, it's even sadder...

Bioware, if you want to prove me wrong, I dare you to simply add an option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat ASAP. But I'm starting to doubt your sorry excuse for "GUI programmers and designers" are even remotely capable to do that.

JinnRadda's Avatar


JinnRadda
02.11.2012 , 06:42 PM | #502
Wonderful thread!

/sign

Speech-animations would be perfect - in different styles!
Perhaps smilies like "" (laughing/funny) or ":O" (shouting) can trigger different styles of speech-animations.

THANKS TO BIOWARE FOR THIS EPIC GAME
Deutsches Bier für BioWare: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...34#post2828634

Frigidman's Avatar


Frigidman
02.11.2012 , 06:47 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post

If you consider that they have allegedly rejected job applications for the TOR GUI team by talented GUI designers/programmers for the (G)UI team in the past due to "not enough prior experience in the gaming industry" (although they have played tons of MMOs before and know what's needed in a MMO GUI) that would have likely done a much, much better job, it's even sadder...
Honestly, I do not consider their GUI team as having the kind of experience needed and have right to turn away those who are better then them. I can safely say every single Bioware game I have played, has had some of the worst in-game interface designs. The only thing I've seen them do pretty decent, was the dialog wheel. However that is but a tiny thing amongst a sea of functionality.

I've seen startup companies do better game UI's.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Stubacca's Avatar


Stubacca
02.11.2012 , 07:50 PM | #504
Bioware, give us chat bubbles now!
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

alike's Avatar


alike
02.12.2012 , 07:23 AM | #505
We need this! +1
lookalike - Jedi Sage @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Vlacke's Avatar


Vlacke
02.12.2012 , 10:23 AM | #506
I support the bubbles as well!

Branagamu's Avatar


Branagamu
02.12.2012 , 06:16 PM | #507
Now see, these are the things that players worry about that aren't really important to the game at all. This is not a necessity this is nothing more than a WANT not a NEED. Everyone is more worried about all the little "flashy" things that doesn't really improve the game play or help the players in anyway but to make someone happy rather than make an improvement on the actual game mechanics, playability, etc.

Players really need to focus more on the other things right now such-as what they've already started to put in the next patch as in the GCD and a little more UI customization and bugs that actually are helping with game play, etc. People just want, want, want and don't ask for the needs that would actually help EVERYONE. /facepalm /sigh


I think I'm finished with this thread now. *smh*
I ride the Rainbow Colored Unicorn because Bigfoot ain't real son!! Garmage {G~Bo}
Check out www.facebook.com/therealtcor [NOTE: Read the info tab first!!]

Frigidman's Avatar


Frigidman
02.12.2012 , 09:08 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Branagamu View Post
Now see, these are the things that players worry about that aren't really important to the game at all. This is not a necessity this is nothing more than a WANT not a NEED. Everyone is more worried about all the little "flashy" things that doesn't really improve the game play or help the players in anyway but to make someone happy rather than make an improvement on the actual game mechanics, playability, etc.

Players really need to focus more on the other things right now such-as what they've already started to put in the next patch as in the GCD and a little more UI customization and bugs that actually are helping with game play, etc. People just want, want, want and don't ask for the needs that would actually help EVERYONE. /facepalm /sigh
Yes, there are many other topics about all kinds of quality of life issues too. The ones you mentioned can just as well be considered as 'want'. We don't NEED better GCD or UI customization. It is merely a quality of life improvement, much like chat bubbles are, and everything else people are suggesting in this suggestion box forum.

And your point in posting about all those other topics in this topic? You must be really hurting about something else, but you didn't even make any clear indication what.

Fact: This is the SUGGESTION BOX forum. Learn to accept it, or just leave this forum entirely and go back to general and troll there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Branagamu View Post
I think I'm finished with this thread now. *smh*
Dont let the door hit you in the ....
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Buddahchase's Avatar


Buddahchase
02.13.2012 , 04:31 PM | #509
I came to SWTOR, looking for an in-depth RP experience. So far, the absence of chat bubbles has made RPing in this game nothing short of an impossibility. Therefore, i heartily agree with this petition. If chat bubbles are not implemented into the game by the time my time ends, i will not be adding any more to it.

Don't ignore us, Bioware!

Glzmo's Avatar


Glzmo
02.13.2012 , 07:05 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Buddahchase View Post
I came to SWTOR, looking for an in-depth RP experience. So far, the absence of chat bubbles has made RPing in this game nothing short of an impossibility. Therefore, i heartily agree with this petition. If chat bubbles are not implemented into the game by the time my time ends, i will not be adding any more to it.

Don't ignore us, Bioware!
Yes. There appear to be many that also share this sentiment. And most of them don't even post here on the forums, unforunately.
It would be wise for Bioware to pay some attention to the issue and try to add an option to enable chat bubbles as soon as possible.