Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glzmo
12.23.2011 , 03:43 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Lavariusstar View Post
It's essential for grouping,Flashpoints etc.So people can tell who to heal and who to attacok in Pvp/Pve without having to look at the chat window.Plus it would be nice to have.I mean you got subtitles,but not Chat bubbles,which are similar in some ways.I hope chat bubbles comes soon
That's a very good point.

Tirrallas
12.24.2011 , 08:22 PM | #33
Yeah they have to be in the game 100%, with an option to turn off if desired. RPers really got screwed with this one.
۞⋞░▒⊈⋐⋑⊉▒▒۩ʭ▒░╬███████████████████████████████████)

xKoDu
12.24.2011 , 08:28 PM | #34
+1 chat bubbles is very good option.

Yori
12.24.2011 , 08:37 PM | #35
http://www.darthhater.com/forums/for...es-aa-and-more

Not sure if this works I never actually tried it, just seen it before thought I would link incase this helps someone in this thread.

Glzmo
12.25.2011 , 05:50 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Yori View Post
http://www.darthhater.com/forums/for...es-aa-and-more

Not sure if this works I never actually tried it, just seen it before thought I would link incase this helps someone in this thread.
No, enabling chat bubbles this way doesn't work on the live client, unfortunately.

Fatesender
12.25.2011 , 06:11 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
There was a thread (which I shamelessly stole most of the top post from) that Mr. Zoeller himself responded to in which he said chat bubbles were a high priority for launch. Everyone that paid attention to the topic in the general beta forums during the last couple of weeks of beta knows it.
Actually Zoeller had made it pretty clear that it was a high priority POST launch. ie: After they deal with the initial post launch bug squashing and holidays. I doubt we see it until sometime in mid to late January.
HK-47 Beta Group!

Glzmo
12.25.2011 , 12:59 PM | #38
Hm, well. I must have remembered it wrong then. James Ohlen did say they were trying to get it done in time for launch however.
Hopefully it will be before the 30 days of free playtime are up, otherwise we may be loosing a lot of roleplayers and other people that depend on chat bubbles, which would be a shame.

Frigidman
12.25.2011 , 03:55 PM | #39
I'm commander frigidman, and I support chat bubbles.

They did say during beta, chat bubbles were a high priority. However ever since then, we've seen nothing done towards the effect. So, we continue to make threads like this, to let the community voice the need.

Naysayers can naysay all they want. Luckily they are a teeny minority on the subject.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Frigidman
12.25.2011 , 04:13 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Hopefully it will be before the 30 days of free playtime are up, otherwise we may be loosing a lot of roleplayers and other people that depend on chat bubbles, which would be a shame.
Yeah, like it or not, there are many star wars roleplayers exiled from SWG who have grown so accustomed to existing solely in chat bubbles. I know people here in swtor want to turn a blind eye and somehow magically think no one here came from swg, but they have, and they are here as part of the community.

If a game as old as that was able to pull off bubbles so well... how come a new game like this cannot? I can only hope the delay is because Bioware are really making them awesome. And not some cheap knockoff like you see in LotRO, W**, AoC, et al.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.