Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

errant_knight
07.14.2014 , 06:55 PM | #1631
As long as we can turn it off both for ourselves and when viewing others, I'd be fine with it, but not if we can't.

Glzmo
07.22.2014 , 09:47 AM | #1632
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
As long as we can turn it off both for ourselves and when viewing others, I'd be fine with it, but not if we can't.
Of course. A toggle option is a must and Bioware already stated it will be there when chat bubbles are added in any case.

CelesSun
07.28.2014 , 07:43 PM | #1633
./signed!

anonnn
08.12.2014 , 01:12 PM | #1634
I'd like for chat bubbles to be painted in a different color if it's chat from a group member, friend, or guild member. Also those chat bubbles should sit on top of all other chat bubbles to make them much less likely to be covered by other bubbles.

When in group with many people, Friends and Guild members in the group would have their chat bubbles on top of other people who are group members but not in the same guild nor on your friends list.

Another thing I'd like to see is an adjustment slider for the additional number of seconds chat bubbles remain for Friends and Guildies.

anonnn
08.13.2014 , 02:10 AM | #1635
By the grace of the Jawas, while posting in a new thread SPEECH BUBBLES, I thought of this new possibility:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _____________

Chat Bubbles could have their own little mini-button attached to the perimeter of the target portrait of other players, to start a private Chat-Bubble session with that person. Just like where the little "+" button exists to invite the person to your group, private Chat Bubble sessions could become a completely spontaneous activity that reveals the option whenever you target another player. Private chat bubble sessions would need to have a noticeable graphical uniqueness, such as a much thicker border around the chat bubble, different text, or text with a different background color.

Cave
08.26.2014 , 04:29 AM | #1636
So I heard the "roleplay expansion" arrived, thus I resubscribed to the game, thinking they've finally addressed roleplayers' top concerns (I was told by other players they would, but it turned out it was wishful thinking on their part). So I log in and boy was I wrong. Still no chairs to sit on properly by clicking on them not even in these cash-grabs of strongholds where it would have been easy to add them (and no, the /chair emote isn't a good solution there are countless issues with that and it rarely lets you sit properly on a chair, couch or other seating), and the biggest disappointment is that there are still no chat bubbles! After over 2 and a half years of promises. Shame on me for thinking Bioware would finally get it right for roleplayers. I've cancelled my subscription again in disgust and won't be coming back until I have definite proof that chat bubbles are in.
I've cancelled my subscription due to the lack of Chat Bubbles.
I will never give EA or Bioware another cent or play any of their games or use any of their software again until speech bubbles that fully display /say, /yell and /emote chat are implemented in Star Wars: The Old Republic and the needs of socializers and roleplayers are finally taken seriously.

Kallsu
08.31.2014 , 12:11 PM | #1637
/signed

anonnn
09.03.2014 , 03:37 AM | #1638
I've been looking at a decorated cantina room in a Stronghold, and...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it needs Chat Bubbles!

You could congregate a group of people, but if there's no chat bubbles and you're left to stare at the chat log the entire time just to have conversations... what a waste of potential. Chat Bubbles are natural, and logical, you just get everyone in the room into view the best you can, and watch for words to pop out the top of their heads!

Deewe
09.03.2014 , 07:08 AM | #1639
Quote: Originally Posted by anonnn View Post
By the grace of the Jawas, while posting in a new thread SPEECH BUBBLES, I thought of this new possibility:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _____________

Chat Bubbles could have their own little mini-button attached to the perimeter of the target portrait of other players, to start a private Chat-Bubble session with that person. Just like where the little "+" button exists to invite the person to your group, private Chat Bubble sessions could become a completely spontaneous activity that reveals the option whenever you target another player. Private chat bubble sessions would need to have a noticeable graphical uniqueness, such as a much thicker border around the chat bubble, different text, or text with a different background color.
Considering that's a video card memory issue (at least from what we saw in beta) your suggestion makes sense.

Jimvinny
09.30.2014 , 12:41 PM | #1640
Chat bubbles are useless. Don't need em, don't want em.