Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sangrar
02.21.2014 , 05:04 PM | #1581
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
Welcome to the movement! Let's hope our dear developers will finally do something to grant us the request for chat bubbles. It'd certainly convince me to play again (my long-term subscription expires sometime today and that will be it until we get chat bubbles). Fingers crossed!
I keep checking, you have been here for months saying you won't renew, and I have checked today, it has not ended even though you said it would end again and again. You know, I am no expert, but doesn't it weakens your position when you threaten to quit, say you are quitting, but never do?

also, the word subscription in your sig is spelled wrong
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

anonnn
02.21.2014 , 05:14 PM | #1582
We need Chat Bubbles !!! ___They're going to arrive one day, I can just sense it!

Sangrar
02.21.2014 , 05:16 PM | #1583
Quote: Originally Posted by anonnn View Post
All I hear is Merp Merp Merp Merp, Merp Merp, Merp Merp Merp. Don't you have anything better to do than to harass people in threads where they're legitimately pleading for a much-needed feature?? Please edit your post and change it to no more than "I want Chat Bubbles" or "I don't care if they ever add Chat Bubbles".

We need Chat Bubbles !!! ___They're going to arrive one day, I can just sense it!
hey I am just pointing out a flaw in the argument of the guy I quoted and also telling him his sig is misspelled, how is that harassment?
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

anonnn
02.21.2014 , 05:44 PM | #1584
I just thought of a possible enhancement, a configurable quick-key entry in the KeyMap preferences, for switching to group-only chat bubbles mode. So you only see Chat Bubbles from people who are in group with you, and everyone else's public chat only shows up in your chat console. This mode would automatically shut off when you leave group to make it convenient to group with someone just to have a Chat Bubble convo! When standing around Carrick Station doing nothing but GTN or crafting or socializing, this would be used ALL THE TIME!

Glzmo
02.22.2014 , 04:01 AM | #1585
Quote: Originally Posted by anonnn View Post
And I just thought of a possible enhancement, a configurable quick-key entry in the KeyMap preferences, for switching to group-only chat bubbles mode. So you only see Chat Bubbles from people who are in group with you, and everyone else's public chat only shows up in your chat console. This mode would automatically shut off when you leave group to make it convenient to group with someone just to have a Chat Bubble convo! When standing around Carrick Station doing nothing but GTN or crafting or socializing, this would be used ALL THE TIME!
I like the idea. While I'd be content with chat bubbles for /say chat at this point, hopefully we'll get nice, freely configurable chat bubbles options various channels (what other reason could there be that the feature has been delayed for so long, right?). Then your idea would certainly be something that'd be a great addition. In fact, adding some keybinds to turn it on/off would be cool (and more keybinds in general, too, like for unify color, hide/show headslot, various emotes, etc....but I digress).
Sadly, we don't even get any feedback from the developers what exactly they are aiming or willing to do in regards of the feature. They stated over a year ago that it was delayed because they wanted them to be "fully featured" like they wanted them to be and "get it right", yet they didn't tell us what exactly they mean by "fully featured like they want it to be" or "right". It would be nice if a developer could elaborate on that. Hopefully once it goes live (and hopefully I'll live to see that day), it'll be the greatest chat bubbles feature ever in a MMO(RP)G!

On a side note as a reminder for everyone: Please don't feed the trolls and rule breakers. Simply report them for breaking the rules using the report button and stating the reason for it to help the moderators keep the thread clean and constructive.

Ferrety
02.23.2014 , 02:14 AM | #1586
Starting to think this isn't going to happen...

This was in the game at one point during Beta, surely there is a workaround for the performance issues it caused by now?

Bantii
02.26.2014 , 05:00 PM | #1587
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferrety View Post
Starting to think this isn't going to happen...

This was in the game at one point during Beta, surely there is a workaround for the performance issues it caused by now?
It will happen bro, they wouldn't be that stupid. They'd be branded fools for life.
"I would rather Die on my feet then live on my knees."

SawneyRath
03.09.2014 , 06:56 PM | #1588
Chat Bubbles this year!? Maybe!?
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

EzioMessi
03.09.2014 , 07:07 PM | #1589
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
Chat Bubbles this year!? Maybe!?
We're talking about the same Bioware that finds a guild cap or mission cap increase to technically challenging.

Chat bubbles are millennia away.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Essence_of_Light
03.09.2014 , 07:15 PM | #1590
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
We're talking about the same Bioware that finds a guild cap or mission cap increase to technically challenging.

Chat bubbles are millennia away.
^ This x1000
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!