Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anonnn
02.06.2014 , 01:38 PM | #1571
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
WE do not NEED them. YOU WANT them.
You are 100% correct! ___>> I <<_ WANT chat bubbles!

Many many (many) other people have said the same thing . . .

TravelersWay
02.06.2014 , 01:51 PM | #1572
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
Of course there should be an option to turn them off. I would be surprised if they didn't add that in too.

I love Chat Bubbles. Was one of the many Social aspects of SWG that really made it enjoyable for me. I hate NOT having them. It feels so lonely in the game world....
It's funny, I thought the same thing about the Real World, then one day the Big Guy implemented chat bubbles, and we got this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Yqwqobapw0...futureman.jpeg

They were then removed from Life never to be seen again.
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons
Bidding a fond farewell to all my forum friends and enemies alike, as well as to all my in game pals - c ya in the next great adventure!

Darth-Rion
02.15.2014 , 05:53 PM | #1573
I was here at the start when they were coming soon, really not surprised they still aren't here.

But I shall add my voice... or text to the masses. GIVE US BUBBLES!

Bantii
02.15.2014 , 09:14 PM | #1574
Having this implemented would open up my world when playing.. LOVED it in SWG and miss it dearly..

I feel i'm playing the game on my own half the time, its very un-social at the moment without it.

COME ON DEVS!!
"I would rather Die on my feet then live on my knees."

anonnn
02.15.2014 , 09:31 PM | #1575
Heh. I just thought of an interesting idea. I was thinking about what you said about SWG, and I was thinking "yah, pretty much we ALWAYS used chat bubbles in SWG. Well, that is... IF WE WERE THERE."

So the obvious thing is that we should have a holo-call emitter that lasts for a while, so that we can have our friends who are in other locations beam in, and still be able to have bubble convos with us!

Holooooo Bubblllllllles !!! __

Glzmo
02.19.2014 , 05:50 AM | #1576
Quote: Originally Posted by anonnn View Post
Heh. I just thought of an interesting idea. I was thinking about what you said about SWG, and I was thinking "yah, pretty much we ALWAYS used chat bubbles in SWG. Well, that is... IF WE WERE THERE."

So the obvious thing is that we should have a holo-call emitter that lasts for a while, so that we can have our friends who are in other locations beam in, and still be able to have bubble convos with us!

Holooooo Bubblllllllles !!! __
That exactly was my first thought would happen when I head that TOR would feature holocalls back in the day. Alas, it was only for talking with quest NPCs. I'm pretty sure I posted a suggestion back in the beta forums about this, too, after finding out about thetrue nature of the holocall feature. This might warrant a new thread, however, and is definitely something I'd like to see once we have chat bubbles.

Back on topic, I've cleaned up the main post a bit, corrected a couple of broken links and such.

I really hope we'll see chat bubbles within the next couple of months. Could a dev please drop by and tell us their plans on adding the feature? An approximate patch number would be great!

Ferrety
02.19.2014 , 09:00 AM | #1577
The last staff post in this thread is from 2012...

Any updates Bioware?

anonnn
02.19.2014 , 11:17 AM | #1578
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
This might warrant a new thread, however, and is definitely something I'd like to see once we have chat bubbles.
Yes, Chat Bubbles first... holo bubbles can be later . . .

Boccanon
02.20.2014 , 03:26 AM | #1579
Before SWTOR was released Bioware made a big thing over the massive amounts of voice dialogs they had recorded to this game. Since they doesnt seem willing to give us any chatbubbles, then my suggestion is that they could extend the voice part a bit further instead.

Why not record a few more voices that can be used for simple dialogs? Lets say that I would like to trade someone, start a group with someone, yell on someone to look out etc etc (there could be about 20-30 different dialogs to choose from). This feature could be accessed via a r-click on another players character image. You r-click on their image and a list of main headlines would pop-up.

Eg.

Group dialogs:
Do you want to group for some quests?
Go right
Go left
We need to go back, I think we missed something
Go straight ahead
What's the stategy here?
Dont attack yet, wait

Get his/her attention:
Look out!
There are enemies in the area!
You are going the wrong way!
Protect our healer!

Common dialogs:
I would like to trade with you
Could you please help me out here?

I'm sure that these dialogs could be much better if a team were to sit down and brainstorm on suggestions for this feature. Another good thing about this feature is that we all could continue to build on it by turning in suggestions of what dialogs we think would improve it further.
Think first, act later...

SawneyRath
02.21.2014 , 04:36 PM | #1580
Just dropping in. Its been a while since I said I still want Chat Bubbles

Any news from around the web? Does BW have any news for us?
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~