Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stubacca's Avatar


Stubacca
10.14.2013 , 10:24 AM | #1491
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
Coming from the NYC Cantina Tour, I have news!

So I asked my question at the Q and A, and you can all guess what it was. It was about Chat Bubbles of course! They had a good reply too.

Now, I'm not sure I'm supposed to say anything about it, but I was told by a reliable source (Who answered my question) that Chat Bubbles are indeed being worked on, and they want to offer them even better than before. They also hinted at something better than chat bubbles coming as well.

So, my Chat Bubble wanting people... Sometime in the future we will be getting what we want. I don't know how long we'll have to wait, but they reassured me we will be getting that feature!

Also I forgot to mention that they have a prioritized list of features they want to add in the game and "Chat Bubbles are relatively high up on that list".
Super! Thanks, Sawney! At least there is still hope! I can't wait to see chat bubbles in action. I hope they'll be here before my subscription runs out. If not, I'll give the game another chance and resubscribe once they are in the game or at least on public test to check them out.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

SawneyRath's Avatar


SawneyRath
10.14.2013 , 03:50 PM | #1492
No problem! They know we want them, and they are working on making the whole Chat Bubble system better than it was in Beta. Including fixing all the lag it created.

I hope to see them soon, and from the answer they gave me (Can't quite recall the exact words) it sounds like we won't have to wait a ridiculous amount of time.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Ganden's Avatar


Ganden
10.14.2013 , 06:09 PM | #1493
Great news!
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP

liradarc's Avatar


liradarc
10.18.2013 , 12:01 AM | #1494
Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of the 'already working on' items and other promised features following the guild summit.

Stubacca's Avatar


Stubacca
10.18.2013 , 01:30 AM | #1495
Quote: Originally Posted by liradarc View Post
Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of the 'already working on' items and other promised features following the guild summit.
Agreed. Then again, it was one of the 'already working on' items/features following the guild summit anyway.
Maybe they have been working on them this whole time. But if developers require two years to be able implement one feature, it doesn´t exactly speak for their abilities.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

SawneyRath's Avatar


SawneyRath
10.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #1496
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
Agreed. Then again, it was one of the 'already working on' items/features following the guild summit anyway.
Maybe they have been working on them this whole time. But if developers require two years to be able implement one feature, it doesn´t exactly speak for their abilities.
OR

It means that the issues Chat Bubbles were causing were super difficult to fix, and of course they have a whole game to run, more content to make, and other stuff to do too. Probably they have to get off work at some point as well.

As Chat Bubbles are not a major feature that will gain them lots of money, they probably worked/work on them at their own pace and will release them once they are happy with the state of them.

That's just my thoughts though. I don't think they are horrible programmers or what have you. Just busy as hell.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Drake_Hound's Avatar


Drake_Hound
10.18.2013 , 04:19 PM | #1497
If nameplates on people and text already cause some performance degeneration .
Imagine the amount of chat bubbles going to do for RPers with there I only want to rp boxes !

Sorry maybe they should fix the nameplates issue first , then look what is causing the degeneration .
Cause them able to implement chat bubbles or already have them working .
Means they still have not fixed the name tag etc issue !

Leinadirak's Avatar


Leinadirak
10.18.2013 , 08:47 PM | #1498
I'm so glad someone put this here, this has been ongoing since BETA!

Fully support this!
Vengeance is found in its purest form at the end of a lightsaber - preferably mine.

BadOrb's Avatar


BadOrb
10.20.2013 , 01:40 PM | #1499
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
Coming from the NYC Cantina Tour, I have news!

So I asked my question at the Q and A, and you can all guess what it was. It was about Chat Bubbles of course! They had a good reply too.

Now, I'm not sure I'm supposed to say anything about it, but I was told by a reliable source (Who answered my question) that Chat Bubbles are indeed being worked on, and they want to offer them even better than before. They also hinted at something better than chat bubbles coming as well.

So, my Chat Bubble wanting people... Sometime in the future we will be getting what we want. I don't know how long we'll have to wait, but they reassured me we will be getting that feature!
I was just about to post about this , but you already did cool , here's a link , just in case people don't believe you/us. At least they are still on the wall , I'm really intrigued , what could be better after space :O

http://swtor-rp.com/home/m/1639454/a...1828224/page/1

Almost there , stay on target , chat bubbles!

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Ganden's Avatar


Ganden
10.20.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1500
Thanks for posting the link to our article! You beat me to it.

The interpretation is a little different. From the podcast, it seems like chat bubbles are still a fair way off, despite the devs knowing that we want them.
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP