Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrGoldsilver
08.16.2013 , 02:04 PM | #1421
/signed
My sniper has a (Nerfed) Orbital Strike,Your argument is invalid
Engineering Sniper Forever!
-Lords of Legacy- -WookieGroomers-
-The Harbinger-

Lokaei
08.16.2013 , 05:27 PM | #1422
I look forward to this becoming a reality.

Hopefully it actually does become a reality.
"There is a great parasite that has plagued the galaxy for aeons. One that has been, unfortunately, widely appreciated. I speak of course about: weakness."

-Lord Hanaha, Sith Emissary

Stubacca
08.20.2013 , 01:05 AM | #1423
Quote: Originally Posted by SawneyRath View Post
Is this Link http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...in_game_rules/ old news? Did that always say that or is it something recently added? If this is actually new, I'm excited to see if it is a stealthy little clue!
Not sure, but I want them to finally be added! How much longer will they string us along? We've lost so many great players because this feature is still missing and are loosing more every day due to it.
Perhaps it's time to pester support about how to enable chat bubbles since the game rules state they are in there? Since the rules actually state they chat bubbles when typing are the intended behavior, I guess chat bubbles missing is actually a bug and we could write bug reports, too...

Quote: Originally Posted by Lokaei View Post
I look forward to this becoming a reality.

Hopefully it actually does become a reality.
So do I!
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

xAZUREx
08.20.2013 , 05:15 AM | #1424
Quote: Originally Posted by Januaria View Post
As much as I crave Chat Bubbles, I certainly wouldn't want them at the cost of a significant slow down in game performance.

Thanks for the input, it's reassuring to know that the developers are aware of the players' concerns.
especially when you get troll spammers on fleet, screaming hodor
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
Ace Squadron (Member)
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

Chupaacabra
08.20.2013 , 08:20 AM | #1425
OMG STICKY THIS! You talk about adding to game play! I miss that from other MMOs (SWG, WoW, etc)!
Da Chupacabra strikes again!

liradarc
08.21.2013 , 02:06 PM | #1426
Yes please.

Glzmo
08.27.2013 , 04:03 PM | #1427
Thanks to my buddy (who had quit the game because of the lack of chat bubbles shortly after launch) I'm back for a couple of months. He's found some gametime cards he had bought back in the day and gifted them to me after hearing my subscription had expired so I can keep this thread up to date, which I'll do.

Let's convince the devs to add chat bubbles before those gametime cards expire, shall we?

spac
08.28.2013 , 07:29 PM | #1428
I've thought it over, and I agree that toggle options for the 9999 second recharge/chair/med table/whatever is great. Chat bubbles, however, I hope never show up in TOR. When I think chat bubbles, I think a dozen RPers/spammers typing into chat and flooding the area above their heads with text. This 1: Stops me from seeing enemies 2: fogs up the area so I can't see important posts, and 3: Is a great way for spammers and other bothersome peoples to annoy and spam. Chat is closable, as well. Unless they think up some (show no chat bubbles) thing....Yeah, I still strongly dislike that idea. But, hey, 9999 second think....Bingo!!
Your Republic has driven a blade into the heart of the Mando' people. Now prepare to have a blade deriven into you Jedi!--Spac the Heartless

TechbotAlpha
08.29.2013 , 05:21 AM | #1429
This needs to happen. It still needs to happen. When recently deceased, seven year old MMOs did this, on an older engine, and with NO issues? Yeah, you have no excuse, Devs. No excuse whatsoever.

SawneyRath
08.29.2013 , 10:27 AM | #1430
Quote: Originally Posted by spac View Post
I've thought it over, and I agree that toggle options for the 9999 second recharge/chair/med table/whatever is great. Chat bubbles, however, I hope never show up in TOR. When I think chat bubbles, I think a dozen RPers/spammers typing into chat and flooding the area above their heads with text. This 1: Stops me from seeing enemies 2: fogs up the area so I can't see important posts, and 3: Is a great way for spammers and other bothersome peoples to annoy and spam. Chat is closable, as well. Unless they think up some (show no chat bubbles) thing....Yeah, I still strongly dislike that idea. But, hey, 9999 second think....Bingo!!
Then, as suggested in this thread countless times, toggle the chat bubbles off. Problems solved and we get to keep our chat bubbles (for those who do want them.)

In other MMO's the chat that displays in the chat box is not turned off when you turn off Chat Bubbles. Why would it be any different here? No reason to not add chat bubbles to TOR.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~