Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

islander
12.18.2012 , 12:05 PM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Why this is still not in-game after a year is incomprehensible to me. We need chat bubbles.
game engine is bad.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Stubacca
12.19.2012 , 06:15 PM | #1102
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
game engine is bad.
Then they should focus on making it better so it can support chat bubbles and all kinds of other things.
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

WeadonismyMaster
12.21.2012 , 10:51 AM | #1103
I have re-subbed. I have used the cartel market. I have pre-ordered the expansion. I have convinced my whole group of friends to come back and play SWTOR with me.

I am doing my part to support Bioware and SWTOR.

Please meet me in the middle, give me a status on chat bubbles.

If it just cant or wont ever happen, please have the courage to say it. I will show the restraint of an adult and not riot. I have been checking this thread for too long. Please Bioware. Speak to us.

Ganden
12.21.2012 , 05:42 PM | #1104
Quote: Originally Posted by WeadonismyMaster View Post
If it just cant or wont ever happen, please have the courage to say it. I will show the restraint of an adult and not riot. I have been checking this thread for too long. Please Bioware. Speak to us.
Too bad Stubacca won't be joining you with that. According to his sig, we're going to RIOT!!
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP

Glzmo
12.21.2012 , 06:05 PM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganden View Post
Too bad Stubacca won't be joining you with that. According to his sig, we're going to RIOT!!
Perhaps that Wookiee-style approach might just work!

Seriously, though if Bioware would finally understand the value of chat bubbles, they would move it to top priority for the interface, communication and engine teams to tackle. I'm actually confident that if they fixed whatever issues the engine had with chat bubble performance that would improve overall performance of the engine and game as well. And that would be great for every single player out there.

DarthKalldin
12.22.2012 , 02:48 PM | #1106
I would like to see chat bubbles - for other faction. Empire see Republic characters when they /say and vice versa.
A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting...

Proud member of SWTOR since 22nd October 2008 !

anonnn
12.22.2012 , 03:30 PM | #1107
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKalldin View Post
I would like to see chat bubbles - for other faction. Empire see Republic characters when they /say and vice versa.
The problem with your idea of how, is that chat is most often done through General Chat, which is exclusively a factional communication medium. To make /say and /yell into additionally inter-factional communication would be a breakage of people's natural expectation that they remain factional. I would suggest "global" versions of /say and /yell ... perhaps /gsay and /gyell ? I think that's a better way to achieve what you're asking for. It's nearly as fast to type it, and leaves the inter-factional communication in a separate command where it won't be accidentally used.

Also the /gsay and /gyell chat bubbles could be styled differently so that everyone can visually distinguish the different chat bubbles according to the speaker's intent, which is similar to natural speech where it's usually obvious when someone is projecting their voice towards someone across the room rather than talking softer to someone standing right near themselves.
Boring conversation anyway.
Think twice. . . Think again.
Nullius in verba. . .

Stubacca
12.24.2012 , 03:13 AM | #1108
Happy Life Day to everyone that's supporting the quest to get chat bubbles added to the game! Hopefully we will see them in the game really, really soon. RRRRROOOOAARRR!
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

Mangaboy
12.24.2012 , 06:27 AM | #1109
How has this not been implemented yet, it's really pissing me off. I don't want an expansion pack, I want chat bubbles!
Space and time. Meta-physical and physical. Love and hate... These things are only what we want them to be, what we think they are. Once you get past the boundries of your own mind, you become unstoppable. There is no Dark and Light, there is only the Void.
HAND OF THE VOID

SawneyRath
12.24.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1110
I still support this idea. As for cross factional bubbles, wouldn't you be able to see Chat Bubbles in the /say channel? Since you can see the other Faction's /say .
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~