Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DakhathKilrathi
11.28.2012 , 04:45 PM | #1021
Seriously. These are a must-have feature. How can this thread be this long without a developer response?

Skyrison
11.29.2012 , 12:59 PM | #1022
It's time for chat bubbles in at LEAST 1.7 please. It sucks as an always in role roleplayer to have to keep having seperate tab just for say.

And also, please maybe make them viewable when the interface is hidden so we can roleplay without the ui. Thank you.

I will keep bothering until this is in. Big for a lot of folks! WHOS WITH ME!!?
Legacy of the Eternal

Satanski
11.30.2012 , 01:41 AM | #1023
Latest statement on chat bubbles:
"Those are things that have being pushed out quite abit due to the studio changes."
In another six months we will hear another BS nad still wont have chat bubbles. Its like SOE and their "smuggler love" over again. This game is RP dead.

Cheezfriend
11.30.2012 , 01:44 AM | #1024
great thread... we should get this!

Glzmo
11.30.2012 , 09:05 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
"Those are things that have being pushed out quite abit due to the studio changes."
In another six months we will hear another BS nad still wont have chat bubbles. Its like SOE and their "smuggler love" over again. This game is RP dead.
Where did you find that information and who said it? Could you please link to it so I can add it to the main post?

I certainly hope that's just an unfounded rumour and and chat bubbles will be in 1.7 at latest. Bioware/EA can't be so dumb and ignore this issue much longer if they want to keep the massive influx of roleplayers that gave the game another chance due to free to play.

JekRendar
11.30.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Source?
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Skyrison
11.30.2012 , 10:37 AM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
Source?
Here's what he really said

"Earlier this year we did the guild summit, guild capitals, guild calenders, chat bubbles, ready check, were mentioned. When is all this coming? The studio has gone a lot of change since the guild summit, we are busy working on a lot of things. We changed some of the things we are working on. Some we are still working on, but some are on the backburner. I love the idea of guild capital ships but these things are abit further out. All of these features on the wall of crazy but it is a ordered by priority. Small things on that wall have a more chance to happen i.e. inventory sorting that is coming soon. "

That's from the 1.6 f2p discussion with Jeff Hickman. That does NOT mean chat bubbles are dead. Just other things come first.
Legacy of the Eternal

Glzmo
11.30.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
Here's what he really said

"Earlier this year we did the guild summit, guild capitals, guild calenders, chat bubbles, ready check, were mentioned. When is all this coming? The studio has gone a lot of change since the guild summit, we are busy working on a lot of things. We changed some of the things we are working on. Some we are still working on, but some are on the backburner. I love the idea of guild capital ships but these things are abit further out. All of these features on the wall of crazy but it is a ordered by priority. Small things on that wall have a more chance to happen i.e. inventory sorting that is coming soon. "

That's from the 1.6 f2p discussion with Jeff Hickman. That does NOT mean chat bubbles are dead. Just other things come first.
Does anybody have a link to the original, by any chance?

Also, I see no reason why chat bubbles should be on the backburner. I somewhat understood them getting pushed back due to other essential features like the group finder being implemented or the GUI Editor. I also understand how the Cartel Market got priority because they wanted to enter the free to play market ASAP.
By now now, however, the GUI team's first priority should certainly be implementing chat bubbles, not some inventory sorting option that is far less important than a feature to improve communication and a huge amount of players want. Chat bubbles should be the top priority for the GUI team right now. If it isn't, then Bioware just doesn't have a clue what's important and what isn't and they will shoot themselves in the foot once again with their poor decision making if they don't deliver soon.

SawneyRath
11.30.2012 , 03:20 PM | #1029
I do believe this was in the Live Stream Event.

I hope Chat Bubbles are something small that are being worked in... and not being put aside....
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Rashan
11.30.2012 , 07:33 PM | #1030
I haven't read more than the first page of this. Just to preface what I'm posting.

Part of why I rolled originally on a PvE server was because there weren't chat bubbles. I simply cannot have a cohesive role-play session without knowing who is talking and who isn't. Having to read the silly chat window, which I like to largely ignore, is a pain and reminds me of OLD days on Yahoo! chat or MUDs. This is 2012, have we not moved passed what 1990s technology allowed at this point? Seriously, Bioware, for being a company which has made a great number of stellar storyline games and it would seem that you put an emphasis on storyline, I do not understand how something like this wouldn't get implemented quicker as it allows the people themselves to develop the storyline further and thus have more invested in their character ... which means more subscription time potentially.

Please add togglable chat bubbles for the role-players.