Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glzmo
11.20.2012 , 02:45 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
Does anybody know the plans for Game Update 1.6? Will we finally get our well-deserved chat bubbles that we've been waiting for so long? Pretty please, Bioware, I beg you, add them to the game in Game Upsate 1.6!
Game Update 1.6 is on the test server. Unfortunately, chat bubbles still aren't part of it, according to the Patch Notes.

I guess we'll have to wait for Game Update 1.7 then.

Tordos
11.20.2012 , 03:47 PM | #1002
My goodness, more than 1000 posts. I will say this much, I don't mind if they implement chat bubbles the only thing I would be concerned with is performance. The last thing I would want is a crippled experience because a bunch of folks want to bubble their words... remember the issues people were having with shadows back in 1.4? Yeah, not fun. If they ever implement chat bubbles it must be done with care.

edit: and a toggle option of course, for those who don't want to see them.

Cave
11.21.2012 , 04:34 AM | #1003
More than 1000 replies...when will Bioware finally come here and discuss the topic? At 2000? When can we finally expect to see chat bubbles in the game? The lack of communication is ridiculous.
I've cancelled my subscription due to the lack of Chat Bubbles.
I will never give EA or Bioware another cent or play any of their games or use any of their software again until speech bubbles that fully display /say, /yell and /emote chat are implemented in Star Wars: The Old Republic and the needs of socializers and roleplayers are finally taken seriously.

DarthZak
11.21.2012 , 04:42 AM | #1004
I dont see the fuss about bubbles but if so many people want them Im hoping they get it!
As long as theres a toggle off for those who dont want to see it of course
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

AdamChattaway
11.21.2012 , 10:09 AM | #1005
I don't see what the big problem is, even if they lower fps i have 112, give me dam bubbles even if they lower fps by 20.

I really feel like Bioware just don't care, its Dragon age 1 > 2 all over again. bioware you are no longer my fav games dev anymore, maybe one day when you stem cell some ears.
Jedi Guardian
Alignment: Light Side
Server: The Red Eclipse

Januaria
11.21.2012 , 11:20 AM | #1006
I simply cannot believe that Chat Bubbles remain an unresolved issue.

Does anyone have any idea when this might possibly be implemented? I'm an accountant by training and trade and will not pretend to understand the intricacies of coding for MMOs. Are Chat Bubbles really all that sophisticated and/or cost-prohibitive to implement?
"In the avalanche of life I'm a special little snowflake."

AdamChattaway
11.21.2012 , 11:38 AM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Januaria View Post
I simply cannot believe that Chat Bubbles remain an unresolved issue.

Does anyone have any idea when this might possibly be implemented? I'm an accountant by training and trade and will not pretend to understand the intricacies of coding for MMOs. Are Chat Bubbles really all that sophisticated and/or cost-prohibitive to implement?
Nearly ever low budget Korean f2p mmo has them, i seriously doubt it, but then again, who the f is EA hiring on its road to greedy and wealth? drops outs from college? maybe.

P.S. The elder scrolls online is using the same game engine as SWTOR but a far more advanced version, as bioware refused to get updates to the engine in the whole production time, so lets see if TESO has chat bubbles
Jedi Guardian
Alignment: Light Side
Server: The Red Eclipse

Satanski
11.21.2012 , 02:27 PM | #1008
How one can make Star Wars RPG without most needed RP feature? I saw three times more roleplaying during two weeks of Guild Wars 2 then in four months of SWTOR. Can you believe this? More RP in f..king Guild Wars than in Star Wars. This is ridiculous, but GW has chat bubbles so you actually can RP in there.

Shaffar
11.21.2012 , 08:15 PM | #1009
Please add chat bubbles BW.

JitanPren
11.22.2012 , 11:13 PM | #1010
Give me my chat bubbles Bioware.
KAMMY STAR-RIDER
JEDI CONSULAR
"No Longer Lend Your Strength To That Which You Wish To Be Free From"
- SQUADRON 1020 / SQUADRON 367 -