Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a customer service for unworking customer service?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Is there a customer service for unworking customer service?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Carallion
04.17.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1
I was playing my jedi knight doing quests on alderaan, I was passing through an area full with enemies NPCs and i didn't feell like stopping to kill them all, so i jumped on my mount and "ran for my life", problem is some of them detected me so i was in combat, but then usually if you gett to far away from them they reset, only this time it didn't happen, I stayed on combat, my companion started to malfunction not following me after being set on passive, i could not log out, so i closed the game client thinking it was a bug.

Reopened the client and it tells me the e-mail account/password/security key are incorrect, still now i am unable to go into the game (I can log in the webpage with no problems), so i resetted the password and NADA, no changes still unable to log in, so i e-mailed customer support, this is what i get:

Quote:
Greetings *********,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your password issue.

We understand how difficult it is for you experiencing this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we are more than willing to help you resolve this concern.

If you have forgotten your password, it is possible to retrieve it by using the link below:
http://swtor.com/user/password/recover

Entering your registered email address and clicking submit will issue an email containing a link which will allow you to choose a new password. To ensure that the link is active, we recommend waiting five minutes before using it.

It is important to remember that changing your Star Wars: The Old Republic account password will automatically change your EA Origin account password at the same time.

If you are unable to reset your password using the link above, our Account and Billing Customer Service team can do so for you. This service is only available through our telephone support. You can contact our Customer Service team toll-free over the phone by calling the numbers listed below:

• USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)
• UK, Germany, France: 00800 0246 9273 (008000 BIOWARE)
•(Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE)

Please note: Calls made from landlines are toll-free, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to charges from your provider.

For calls originating from countries not listed above, please call the following number: +442035642555

Please replace the ‘+’at the beginning of the number with the international call prefix for your country (for example, the prefix for European Union countries is ‘00’, so the number to call would be 0044 2035642555.) If you are unsure of the international call prefix for the country you are calling from, we recommend contacting your telecommunications service provider. Please note that you may be charged by your provider for making an international phone call, and charges may be based on the country from which you place the call.

Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.
Should you require any further assistance with this, or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our speciality…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid A0-J2 (aka *****)
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Now you can invite your friends to try out Star Wars: The Old Republic for free. Visit www.swtor.com/info/friends for more information, and help them get started today!

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!
https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=4966224

The thing is i explained on my mail that i already tried the password reset, hence bad customer service, since it seems they don't teach their employees to READ

kjfett
04.17.2012 , 01:08 PM | #2
Skip the emails (and confusion/automated responses) and get one of them on the phone to clear it up.

f you are unable to reset your password using the link above, our Account and Billing Customer Service team can do so for you. This service is only available through our telephone support. You can contact our Customer Service team toll-free over the phone by calling the numbers listed below:

•(Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE)

danpen
04.17.2012 , 01:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kjfett View Post
Skip the emails (and confusion/automated responses) and get one of them on the phone to clear it up.

f you are unable to reset your password using the link above, our Account and Billing Customer Service team can do so for you. This service is only available through our telephone support. You can contact our Customer Service team toll-free over the phone by calling the numbers listed below:

They are not as good on the phone as email they are better at email then phone coz they need your email and all of that stuff ok.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Carallion
04.17.2012 , 01:13 PM | #4
As i said, tryed resetting the password, that doesn't work, but i can log into all my EA games accounts, including the website, if it was a password problem i wouldn't be able to log in at all

kjfett
04.17.2012 , 01:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
They are not as good on the phone as email they are better at email then phone coz they need your email and all of that stuff ok.
Wow, with that logic who can argue! /rolleyes

kjfett
04.17.2012 , 01:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carallion View Post
As i said, tryed resetting the password, that doesn't work, but i can log into all my EA games accounts, including the website, if it was a password problem i wouldn't be able to log in at all
I follow you. the problem is getting that relayed to them and past the 1st line of techs to someone that can address the problem. I would suggest the phone or hope a CSM on here sees the post and gives a keyword for a email to get to someone that specializes more with these types of problems.

SparkCry
04.17.2012 , 01:23 PM | #7
sorry theyre too busy closing threads to help

Carallion
04.17.2012 , 01:23 PM | #8
Well, not holding my breath, took almost two hours to get the very helpful e-mail i quoted from them, and as i sadi i am sure he didn't even read it, so to get an actual helpful answer will take some time

rjkishida
04.17.2012 , 02:09 PM | #9
CS sents cookie-cutter replies to any ticket (in game) or e-mail (out of game). I have sent enough tickets in that I no longer expect any useful information or help from CS. I am simply alerting them to a bug/problem.

They clearly don't read the tickets/e-mails.

To any and all who are dissatisfied with CS, I would recommend that you take the CS survey (the little url at the bottom of what they send) and rate them appropriately.

Axolipher
04.17.2012 , 03:10 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Carallion,

Thank you for reporting your issue. Would you please be able to try the following:
  • Open up your launcher
  • Clear all the fields of data
  • Untick the remember checkbox
  • Restart the launcher, and then see if you can log in.

Once you've tried this please come back to this thread to report your progress so we can investigate further if needed.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support